• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur makes me giggle.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
A couple friendly games with hilt's trainer. We were both mostly playing around, and I spent most of the time trying to get my jab1 repeat cancel timing back. But they're entertaining games, and the kills on ivysaur are PRICELESS.

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD1ME6N5-a0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Kk2CbQBWM

And just to note, I think luigi/ivy is one of the most one sided matchups in the game. Like meta/luigi, that bad.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
hahahaha poor Ivy
Didn't have a chance.....

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
In that second video, I keep thinking that it would have been so great if you had not fudged the recovery on your first stock and made it back on stage by a hair. You could have done it. And if you had, the other guy would be screaming "hax" all over.

I have an easier time with Charz than Ivy... I just hate that leaf cutter projectile. To me, it's like a short distance Link's boomerang on crack. But you took him out in seconds both times, so I won't argue who's really the easier matchup.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Razor leaf can be easy for a few reasons. It has front end lag, it has back end lag, and its slow. Much like the luigi fireball. So, powershielding it directly into a cyclone is a fairly easy option. From there you have him in the air, and that leads to almost garunteed kill %s. Ivy is slow in the air, movement and moveset. Then you get your superhax 34% garunteed out of a jab upbkill.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol jab to dash attack.

nice ivysaur ****. :p especially on the second video.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i just keep using side b on ivy. missfire kills at like. 40. and regular ones knock him back a fair distance...

er.. i gues its an unfair distance. fireballs are good too. but yeah i **** charizards more.

more grabs tho. you need to do jab grab more instead of jab jab, he kept sheilding it and sometimes punishing it. espeicaly charizard

WIGI

Smash Champion
oh ok. do w/e then lol but if your messing around. why didn;t you attemp the taunt spikes more. there wer at least 6 times you ahd the chance of landing one or not get punished by trying.

Top Bottom