• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've been thinking a lot....

bigman40

Smash Master
You enjoy playing Diddy correct? Play him. Yoshi is there cause you enjoy playing him and feel confident in why you pick him. I split main Pika and Yoshi. Days I feel my Yoshi sin't going to cut it, I'll go to my next character I enjoy (Pika). If you want the money, you should be tier whoring for the best chances. Trying to win BOTH money and respect while having fun at the game is just ******* hard to do.

Edit: You know Taj? Check him out. He's a Marth/Mewtwo main (Marth?). You might benfit from looking/asking him.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Ah, I actually do know about Taj. His videos with Mewtwo always amazed me. ^_^

Maybe I will try asking for some of his advice.

EDIT: Oh, and I also feel those off-days with Yoshi, too. There are times in which nothing I do with him turns out right. Maybe I could use Diddy for days like that.

rhan

Smash Hero
In Brawl:

1) Metaknight.
2) Pink Metaknight.
3) White Metaknight.
3.5) Kirby with Metaknight's Power.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh... does anyone know Taj's AIM or something? >_>;

Anyways, I'm still not sure about what I should do. The only notable thing that I've done yesterday concerning this was that when I went Diddy for a match in doubles we managed to pull off a clutch win whereas with Yoshi I lost, but that's basically it. v_v

:069:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Like others said, if you're in it for the money go top tier.

Personally I go Link/Samus every tourney, no regrets. It's interesting to see people lose to Link and have this look :O it makes me lol so I just keep on cause I'm a huge fanboy.

TL would be a great secondary to use at tourney. He's pretty beastly.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Polt's yoshi is too pro. Makes me want to get better with him, if you switch I'll probably just end up dropping yoshi all together too since there's nothing to work towards :urg:.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
If you play Yoshi you'll never win a tournament... I promise you.

I realized the same thing with Kirby. Brawl isn't one of those games where all the characters can win... it isn't even a game where most of the characters can win.

Switch to Meta Knight, be "bored" while playing him and eventually start to place higher. This is also possible to a lesser extent with Snake, and to a VERY smaller extent with Dedede and Diddy. At the end of the day though once you lose your first match with Snake/D3/Diddy you're either going to
A. CP Meta Knight
B. Stay the same character and lose the set

Everybody does it... Seibrik, Chaz etc etc, even random bad players like FlatSoda randomly CPs Meta Knight when he loses with Peach.

It's a joke but you have to realize you're playing for money not for fun. If you're just playing for fun then you wouldn't be making this topic.

tl;dr - Just save yourself the wasted time learning extra characters and just play Meta Knight... or quit Brawl.
That's messed up, how you gonna try my dawg Flatsoda like that?

Top Bottom