• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's time for my GameCube Controller to get the Axe

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=5475]It's time for my GameCube Controller to get the Axe[/drupal]

Originally, I thought it was Melee's fault that my GameCube Controller would go nuts whenever I so much as touched the Analog Stick. However, after playing a few Sonic Games with Controls I've also grown to despise, one of them is Sonic Adventure DX. I got Sonic Adventure for the PS3, I've come to realize that MY CONTROLLER IS TERRIBLE. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT? GARBAGE. WHEN I'M DONE MAKING THIS THREAD, I'M GOING TO BURN IT TO THE GROUND AND BURY IT--

*Ten Seconds Later*

Sorry About That. Anyway, what I'm asking is simple: Anyone know what kind of GameCube Controller I should buy? Nothing that requires purchasing from the internet, please (I'll explain later).

TL?

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=5475]It's time for my GameCube Controller to get the Axe[/drupal]

Originally, I thought it was Melee's fault that my GameCube Controller would go nuts whenever I so much as touched the Analog Stick. However, after playing a few Sonic Games with Controls I've also grown to despise, one of them is Sonic Adventure DX. I got Sonic Adventure for the PS3, I've come to realize that MY CONTROLLER IS TERRIBLE. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT? GARBAGE. WHEN I'M DONE MAKING THIS THREAD, I'M GOING TO BURN IT TO THE GROUND AND BURY IT--

*Ten Seconds Later*

Sorry About That. Anyway, what I'm asking is simple: Anyone know what kind of GameCube Controller I should buy? Nothing that requires purchasing from the internet, please (I'll explain later).
Yeah... uh good luck with that. Your only chance then is hoping that used game stores in your area carry gamecube controllers that are in decent shape.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can't get new GC controllers offline anymore.

You can get used ones from Gamestop or something.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Something wrong with online purchases? I got a brand new, nintendo brand, Gamecube controller after I figured out I couldn't airdodge all the way on my 11-year-old controller from eBay for like, $13.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
You used Sonic Adventure DX to test if your controller was acting up XD?
Yeah, online or used offline are the only options, unless you get crazy lucky.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Please don't burn it. Deceased Gamecube controllers require a planned, expensive and and mournful proper funeral to truly be able to rest it peace. So, if you would, please plan an expensive funeral and you may hire me as your mourner.

Or you could just buy a new one online, I recommend the orange spice one. They are so damn sexy.

If you can, try to find one the the actual nintendo gamecube writing on it. The ones without it are unreliable- very unreliable.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
I still have my 10 year old controller working perfectly fine, but I am sorry for your near loss.

Also I purchased a new gamecube controller from target about 6 months ago, its not Nintendo brand though, I forgot which one it is, I never use it. Your best chance would be a used one from gamestop or local used video game store. Actually sad thing is one day when I went to the mall a while back, I went to gamestop and asked for their gamecube games and they told me they got rid of them all. It was heart breaking.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I still have my 10 year old controller working perfectly fine, but I am sorry for your near loss.

Also I purchased a new gamecube controller from target about 6 months ago, its not Nintendo brand though, I forgot which one it is, I never use it. Your best chance would be a used one from gamestop or local used video game store. Actually sad thing is one day when I went to the mall a while back, I went to gamestop and asked for their gamecube games and they told me they got rid of them all. It was heart breaking.
Yeah Gamestop dropped GC support in April. :( I have the banner saved on my computer that gameinformer posted stating that it is now "officially collectible"

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Hm, asking for a local purchase of a old controller in 2012 won't go too well I'm afraid.

And if you want official "Nintendo" marked controller, only eBay and Amazon can be of help there. Which are both online, as everyone knows.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nintendo's recycling program would be a much more environmentally friendly option as opposed to burning the poor thing.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Oh they have that? That's new to me.

Though, my place, we got a eletronic store that accepts electronics. Small ones so to say.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Gamestop dropped GC support in April. :( I have the banner saved on my computer that gameinformer posted stating that it is now "officially collectible"
Well at least I was able to purchase all my favorite games before this happened.

Also ask a friend, they may have a GCC sitting around unused.

Y

Yodery

So back in September I bought the white Gamecube controller, brand new, off of Amazon. Don't get me wrong, it works perfectly and stuff, but it is now December, and my analog stick is STILL stiff as hell. I regularly use it for 64, (virtual console) Melee, and Brawl almost every day. Someone help? >_>

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... uh good luck with that. Your only chance then is hoping that used game stores in your area carry gamecube controllers that are in decent shape.
Found one before I even made this topic.

Please don't burn it. Deceased Gamecube controllers require a planned, expensive and and mournful proper funeral to truly be able to rest it peace. So, if you would, please plan an expensive funeral and you may hire me as your mourner.
I'm not actually going to burn. I'm just going to teach it a lesson for failing me.

The ones without it are unreliable- very unreliable.
/whyi'mscrappingmycontroller

You used Sonic Adventure DX to test if your controller was acting up XD?
I only say that as to demean my Controller for not being up to par with the PS3 Controller

Nintendo's recycling program would be a much more environmentally friendly option as opposed to burning the poor thing.
Good Idea!

i think he can't make online purchases because he doesn't have a card/bank account with which to make the transaction.
Wish my mother didn't give away her Amazon Gift Card-- WAIT...

*Evil Laugh*

Top Bottom