• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's ok guys, Link owns in Brawl (vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
link was nto good ate melee,link don't get improved ...his spin atk is terrible he is just a bit faster,and this guy doesn't play very well,just see some impressions ,link doesn't own anything

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
link was nto good ate melee,link don't get improved ...his spin atk is terrible he is just a bit faster,and this guy doesn't play very well,just see some impressions ,link doesn't own anything
1. His attacks have more knock back
2. His bombs have a more formiddable knockback
3. His Bow charges, faster, flies faster, and flies farther
4. His U-Smash can actually keep the enemies in for all three slashes
5. Learn a little bit of punctuation, and we can take you seriously.

Actually, you know what? Forget I bothered with you. This isn't a retraction, just scrunching up the fact that you're not worth it.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I don't Link will be top tier, but maybe a bit higher up. I really don't care about tiers since I'm not a tournament player, but it is nice to see he has been buffed slightly.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Well, if YOU actually read any impressions, you would have known that many people agree that he has been buffed. He's basically better in every way; The only nerf he got was his spin attack. (And it's not even that bad. It can still be used to give you some breathing room if someone's pressuring you.) Sure, it doesn't have semi-spiking properties anymore, but it didn't even have that in the final version of Melee.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Not in Brawl at least. I wont miss it much. I'm glad the Forward Smash is faster. I loved it in Melee, but it was too easily interrupted by anyone even slightly faster.

Also (and it might be because Brawl is new and the players aren't used to it yet) but does it seem that the Link players could be doing things...er...differently? Or better? There's been situations I've seen in videos where my first response was similar to "What? NO! He should have done X instead of Y! X would have set the opponent up for a combo!" or something to that effect.

What I'm trying to say here is that it seems like the Link players are as good as they should be, seeing as how Link's moves aren't too different from Melee.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
I'm really digging Link's new form in Brawl. His arrows seem WAY more useful, knockback is better overall, bombs explode better (don't ask me, it's my impression), and his melee attacks are just so much faster than they were in Melee. Sure, it sucks that he doesn't have the spin spike, but for the knockback and speed he gets in return, I am quite happy with the trade-off.

So yeah...shiny XD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It's going to be so easy for us Link players...I mean, his playing physics all seem to still be there, but improved.
Also, he like, "auto-cancels" in everything but Uair and Dair. YES, HIS FAIR "AUTO-CANCELS", in your face Marth!.

edit:

added vids of ninjalink, he's a beast

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Im glad the other players on the board are finding NinjaLink's videos. He plays a solid Link (though, his best character by far is his Ike.) Link should be a much more entertaining character to play in this game. In Melee, if your opponent started with a F, you were pretty much sunk on a flat level. =(

Zodiac

Smash Master
In the first video Links grabs peach right out of the air, AHAHAH!

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
****ing ****. My friend texted me about the Link vids and I was happy for him and when I come home to see them, they're removed. ;-;

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Quick question regarding the Ninjalink videos. To one who's seen most of them, how many did Link win (I noticed alot of the links saying vs. Peach, just as an observation)?

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Aniki will go back to maining Link, now that Samus has been nerfed. I'm really going to miss the spin attack's usefulness. It doesn't kill unless there's a really high percentage. I was a Link main in the previous games, so I'll definitely try him out.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Wth?!

You better edit that.
Now.
Right now.
I mean it.
It's for your own good.

Actually, forget it. That post you made was pretty much an invitation that says "Flame me off the site! PLEASE do it!" So if you want people to do that, then it's fine.
Really.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
That makes alot of sense.

Not really >_>

I mean, Link plays the similar to how he did in Melee. Also, people who mained Link in Melee are those who put the effort into learning that character who they loved to use (he obviously wasn't a good character, so yeah). I'm pretty sure they'll put that same input into Brawl, it only makes sense.
M2K loved Marth in Melee, and he's using Marth in Brawl. So far, he's owning pretty hard with the Brawl Marth.

Btw, I got to play Link in Brawl. He's alot of fun vs Olimar. Bombing Pikmin = to much fun.

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
****!!!...this is a sad day indeed, i really admired his fighting skills as a link main and was hopping that i will get the chance to fight him one day but now hearing that hell main wolf ....it got me disturbed but i will respect his change of main it really wont matter if he mains wolf cause once u play on a level that he does one never forgets. ill fight him anyways against his wolf or link ,it does not matter

nokrow889

Smash Rookie
People who hate Link didn'e want to take the time to use such a skilled character. I have and always will play the beast known as the "Hero of Time"

LINK FOREVER!!!!

Igneous42

Smash Ace
People who hate Link didn'e want to take the time to use such a skilled character. I have and always will play the beast known as the "Hero of Time"

LINK FOREVER!!!!
Link in Brawl isn't the Hero of Time technically.... but I like your enthusiasm so whateva

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Aniki was the best, in my opinion, so if he comes back Ill be very happy. His mind games were insane, and you could learn a lot from him.

At any rate, we all know that Link powns, otherwise why would we be in this forum? xD

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
1. His attacks have more knock back
2. His bombs have a more formiddable knockback
3. His Bow charges, faster, flies faster, and flies farther
4. His U-Smash can actually keep the enemies in for all three slashes
5. Learn a little bit of punctuation, and we can take you seriously.

Actually, you know what? Forget I bothered with you. This isn't a retraction, just scrunching up the fact that you're not worth it.
Don't waste you're time, he's a moron.

Also, thank god I finally found videos, thanks man.

Platanos

Smash Cadet
I'm really looking forward to Link in Brawl.

I didn't like him much at all in Melee, but now that he's better, I'm considering maining him.

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
I love the fact that the CLAW SHOT can now be used offensively and the distance and projectile spam in the Toon link vs. Link duel.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
So the GERM is giving up Link now? Well, let's not take it too hard, it's like he says in his subject "Start of a new era". With the Brawl revolution just around the corner alot of people are dropping mains now and more are gaining them, the phrase "one man's trash is another man's treasure" comes to mind. Maybe a new, better Link will surface amist the Brawl scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom