• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's Hero Time!" - Ben 10 for Multiversus Support Thread

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Welcome to the Ben 10 support thread for Multiversus:
Wallpaper_ben_10.jpg

What is Ben 10?
Ben 10 is a Cartoon Network show created by Man of Action in 2005. The show followed a boy named Ben Tennyson who, through the discovery of a mysterious alien device known as the Omnitrix, gained the ability to morph into ten strange and powerful alien forms. The original series itself lasted four seasons and remains one of Cartoon Network's most popular franchises, with several sequel shows and even a reboot that just ended its run in 2021.

Who is Ben Tennyson?
Ben Tennyson was an ordinary ten year old kid, until one day during summer vacation he discovered a strange watch-like device that latched onto his wrist. The device, known as the Omnitrix, gave Ben the ability to transform into a myriad or alien forms, from the powerful Four Arms to the fiery Heatblast. With his newfound powers, Ben, along with his cousin Gwen and Grandpa Max, traveled the United States, fighting all manner of evil from both Earth and space, all while discovering the secrets of the Omnitrix and his family. Of course, the constant heroics don't stop Ben from goofing around, much to the frustration of Gwen.

Later on in the sequel series' Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, and Omniverse, we see Ben grown up as a teenager. While still retaining some of his childlike personality, Ben learns to be a focused and decisive leader, as well as becoming a renowned hero throughout the universe, along with Gwen and his former enemy Kevin Levin. Ben also unlocks newer, more powerful aliens with age, and during the events of Ultimate Alien, he even obtains a counterfeit Omnitrix, the "Ultimatrix," which allows him to evolve his aliens even further with "ultimate forms." However, this feature doesn't last very long once he gets a new Omnitrix.

maxresdefault (2).jpg

In Omniverse, Ben and his aliens had a major change of appearance to make him more expressive. During the course of this series, he's seen using even more aliens, from the electric Feedback, to Bloxx who is basically a lego monster (definitely one of his weirder transformations).

ben-10-Omniverse.jpg

In 2017, the series was rebooted with a more episodic and comedic tone. This version of Ben Tennyson is back to being ten years old, and carries a lot of the aliens from the original run of the show, as well as having the main plot being focused on Ben travelling the country with Gwen and Grandpa Max. However, this iteration of Ben is a lot more goofy than his other incarnations due to the comedic nature of the show.

MV5BYTJjNTE0MjktZWE4MS00NWRjLTk2OTYtYTYxM2FlOGZlZDA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._...jpg

Why Ben 10?
Ben 10 is one of Cartoon Network's most popular franchises, as well as being the 69th highest grossing media franchise of all time. It also goes without exaggeration that Ben 10 perhaps has among the most moveset potential out of any other character that is considered for Multiversus. With the Omnitrix, Ben 10 has access to multiple alien forms, each with their own unique abilities. Another smash-like game, the Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion series, tackled the concept of Ben morphing between different alien forms with different attacks. Punch Time Explosion XL also had two versions of Ben, with both his kid version from the original series, and the version with the Ultimatrix from Ultimate Alien.

cartoonnetworkpunchtimeexplosionxl_0.jpg

However, in order to have a more faithful representation of the character, Multiversus could also implement a style of gameplay similar to Pokemon Trainer, with Ben being able to choose a form and swap between three different aliens, each with full movesets. With Ben 10, he has no shortage of options when it comes to moveset material. Similarly, with so many redesigns and a reboot over the years, Ben has no shortage of inspiration for alternate costumes.

JoyousEquatorialAmbushbug-max-1mb.gif

"It's Hero Time!"

Neutral Special As Ben: "Going Hero!"
Ben activates the Omnitrix, creating a miniature HUD over him with a silhouette of an alien in his loadout. He can then rotate through his alien selection, three total, and select one with the control stick, pressing B again will transform him ala Pokemon Trainer's switching. Pressing any other button will cancel it. His alien selection is Four Arms, Heatblast, and XLR8, with Diamondhead and Cannonbolt being unlockable through the perk system.

Side/Up Special as Ben: "Hoverboard"
Ben rides a hoverboard and dashes forward, gaining horizontal speed and a little bit of lift, along with reduced descent if in the air. Can be used to damage opponents, but it isn't very damaging. It's more of an escape/recovery maneuver. Up special is identical, but instead of dashing, Ben does a jump giving him a small vertical boost.

Down Special as Ben: "Omnitrix Defense Mechanism"
Can only be used while the Onmitrix is in cooldown mode. A counter move that releases a small green wave of energy from the Omnitrix, damaging and knocking back any enemies nearby.

Neutral Specials:
As Heatblast
: Releases a stream of fire that decreases over time (think Bowser/Charizard)
As Four Arms: Lifts a huge boulder out of the ground, is a throwable item to hurl at enemies
As XLR8: Holding B creates an adjustable path, releasing casues XLR8 to dash down that path (think Pac-Man side special, but much faster)
As Diamondhead: Hold B to charge, then release to shoot out diamond projectiles, longer the charge the more projectiles fired
As Cannonbolt: Hold B to charge up a spindash and aim with a reticle in the direction you want to fire. Cannonbolt will bounce off of enemies and terrain

Side Specials:
As Heatblast
: Charges a fireball, then releases (think Greninja neutral special)
As Four Arms: Claps his arms and makes a sonic projectile
As XLR8: Moves instantly, damaging enemies in his way (basically Fox Flash)
As Diamondhead: Slash combo with diamond blades
As Cannonbolt: charge to roll up and spin dash (think Sonic down/side specials) with more control and power, but less speed

Up Specials:
As Heatblast
: Shoots fire downward, propelling himself up
As Four Arms: Leaps up and slams down (think DeDeDe up special) Any allies in his path up can be carried to the apex of his jump
As XLR8: Runs in circles rapidly, creating a tornado that damages enemies, but lifts him and airborne allies to safety
As Diamondhead: Creates a diamond platform underneath him that shrinks over time (think Kragg from RoA) The platform is destructable
As Cannonbolt: Dashes up and slams down. If he hits an ally, he curls them up in his ball form, giving them super armor and letting them travel with him

Down Specials:
As Heatblast
: Creates an eruption, spewing fireballs all around him that descend
As Four Arms: Dashes forward, on contact with an enemy he grabs them, slams them, and flings them either forward or back
As XLR8: He gets a counter sigh, think Greninja where he'd appear from any direction faster than the eye can see.
As Diamondhead: Creates a shield in front of him that reflects projectiles. If an ally is near him when he procs a reflection, they get a defense buff
As Cannonbolt: Similar to Four Arms, except he'll pull the enemy into his ball form and bounce either left or right, launching them on impact

Special Mechanics: Omnitrix Time Out
When Ben activates his neutral special, he will have 45 seconds as his chosen alien. Once the timer runs out, he turns back into Ben and cannot use his neutral special for 10 seconds. If Ben gets KO'ed in alien form, he will also transform back into Ben on respawn.

Potential Perks:

Cannonbolt:
Adds Cannonbolt to the Omnitrix loadout
Diamondhead: Adds Diamondhead to the Omnitrix loadout
Omnitrix Hair Trigger: Omnitrix Defense Mechanism can be used even when the Omnitrix isn't in cooldown mode

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
My favorite aliens are Cannonbolt, XLR8, Big Chill, Spitter, and Stinkfly. I'm definitely more biased toward Ben's classic aliens. But the great thing about Ben 10 in Multiversus is that if they really wanted to, they could not only create a viable character with either classic aliens or newer ones like Omniverse, but they could theoretically make two separate Bens ala Punch Time Explosion XL, with one being kid Ben and the other being teen/Omniverse Ben. If they took that route, they could very feasibly make both Bens play completely different from each other considering how varied their aliens are

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Ben would be an absolutely brilliant inclusion. In fact, I think Ben 10 as a whole could have a lot of potential - shoutout to Kevin with his Osmosian powers which could also be cool, and of course Gwen - but Ben alone would still be cool to see.

I just hope that they do go with a classic design as opposed to the modern redesign. Call it nostalgia, but I've always felt the classic look was best for him.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Ben would be an absolutely brilliant inclusion. In fact, I think Ben 10 as a whole could have a lot of potential - shoutout to Kevin with his Osmosian powers which could also be cool, and of course Gwen - but Ben alone would still be cool to see.
I could see them adding Kevin either with his mutated form from the original series or with his absorbtion powers in Alien Force, though I'd probably prefer his mutated form just because of his power set.

Another villain I'd adore seeing would be Vilgax. Considering how many powers he got over the years, it shouldn't be too hard to give him a good moveset. If they do add him I just hope they use his classic skin since that's his best design imo

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
There's absolutely no reason Ben should NOT be included, he's basically the face of Can's action shows. The franchise is clearly profitable with five shows based on the series, and we need a rep for his era and not just all modern CN.
With the legacy of the character and the massive outpouring of support for him on platforms like reddit and twitter, I think Ben's chances are extremely likely for Multiversus, to the point where I'd be more surprised if he didn't get in. The main question is what iteration of Ben will Multiversus end up using?

I'm confident that if the devs decided to put both kid Ben and teen/Omniverse Ben in, it wouldn't be hard to give them both unique movesets simply because of the sheer variety of their aliens. But with Multiversus having so many possible franchises involved and limited dev resources, I could see the devs only wanting to pick one version of the character. Both versions of Ben would be very viable for Multiversus, since they each have their own iconic aliens and they each have many inspirations for alternate costumes.

If you were to ask me though, I think the devs would go with kid/classic Ben, as it seems that in recent years that version of Ben is forefront in their marketing. Also they'd be able to have a classic skin for the nostalgic fans and a skin showcasing their most recent reboot.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ben Tennyson is apparently the number 1 wanted character for the game at the moment, even over Walter.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Ben Tennyson is apparently the number 1 wanted character for the game at the moment, even over Walter.

That's amazing! Ben got 1st by a pretty good margin too. Considering the devs actively listen to the fans and this was an official poll, this looks very good for Ben's chances

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This would probably never work but imagine if they worked around the potential development issues but imagine if Ben joined but instead of changing to aliens in the middle of this battle, he actually gets a selections of aliens to choose from in the title select and you play as that alien for the entire match.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
This would probably never work but imagine if they worked around the potential development issues but imagine if Ben joined but instead of changing to aliens in the middle of this battle, he actually gets a selections of aliens to choose from in the title select and you play as that alien for the entire match.
Idk, at that point the aliens might as well be different characters entirely. I know that there're some technical limitations involved with putting Ben in with some capacity to use transformations, but the MV devs seem to be invested in pushing the envelope when it comes to creating platfrom fighter characters. We already have a character with slight transformation abilities on the roster, an upcoming character with a portal mechanic, and this is the first platform fighter with a giant character that isn't a super move/hack. Basically if there's any team who would try to create a Ben moveset that utilizes transformations, it would be this one.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Top Bottom