• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's happenin' - Tourney in Boone, NC (ASU), January 24th

Sengin

Smash Ace
Oh. Well yeah, there's a parking place closer. It's the parking deck by the student union. I can give better directions later when I get the thumbs up.

Also, does anyone know anyone from Western Carolina University?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sengin and CJ: I had a talk with the mom a couple of hours ago, and I think I made some headway into this. We'll see what stance she takes when it's time to actually go somewhere though...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol figured that.

I can't. Bad sh*t.

I can't...again...again. Bad sh*t.

Maybe now NC can learn to fight one?

Stop making me feel bad Foxy! You aren't helping your cause =p.

Good shiz though bro. If I can make this, we definately have to play.

Can you make TO4 btw? Hitch a ride with Lucas or something lol.

Foxy

Smash Master
Eh, I'd love to go to TO4 but I'm not sure if my parents would be too keen on spending multiple days OoS. I'll go if I can, though, along with all the Bills I can get.

I need to play more... just got my first Melee tourney under my belt last Bill. Sad.

At least I have a sexy new white controller from Japan.

null55

Smash Master
Sengin and CJ: I had a talk with the mom a couple of hours ago, and I think I made some headway into this. We'll see what stance she takes when it's time to actually go somewhere though...

Lol, fight the good fight.

Foxy

Smash Master
lol, last time I friendlied him i won almost all of our matches.

i'm trying to see if i can play him again soon, we'll see then if its the same.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Really foxy? Guess your next target should be Gboro =p. I hear those bros are getting pretty good now.

West Jefferson is too good apparently...

Foxy

Smash Master
Really foxy? Guess your next target should be Gboro =p. I hear those bros are getting pretty good now.

West Jefferson is too good apparently...
well i beat vilt in one of my two mm's at the last bill (beat stingers in the other).

who else from gboro do i have to beat?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
.....Mask and BEHR. They're both somewhere around Vilt's skill level I believe, and more skilled in different areas I'd say. Like, BEHR can john better than any smasher I've met before. Watch out.

Stingers never told me you beat him lol. I'm not surprised though (at him telling me, that is).

Who did you team with at Be a Bro again?

We do need to play, as I really have no idea how good you are.

Foxy

Smash Master
.....Mask and BEHR. They're both somewhere around Vilt's skill level I believe, and more skilled in different areas I'd say. Like, BEHR can john better than any smasher I've met before. Watch out.

Stingers never told me you beat him lol. I'm not surprised though (at him telling me, that is).

Who did you team with at Be a Bro again?

We do need to play, as I really have no idea how good you are.
yeah, i 2-0'd stingers and vilt in mm's for sure.

i teamed with vilt because i met him at an anime convention in virginia and we played doubles friendlies together for hours, and our jiggs/marth got really good.

i sucked at Be a Bro though, i didn't warm up and i didn't get to play any friendlies. i was pretty shaky and only made it to loser's semis (lost to KP).

next tournament i'll make sure i'm warmed up first, but no johns of course. id didn't get to behr or mask though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's pretty good.

How're you compared to KP? Don't forget he's way out of his prime right now.

We'll just have to play a few matches first aight?

BEHR knows I say what I do in jest. Bro love BEHR bro.

Foxy

Smash Master
That's pretty good.

How're you compared to KP? Don't forget he's way out of his prime right now.

We'll just have to play a few matches first aight?

BEHR knows I say what I do in jest. Bro love BEHR bro.
he one-stocked my jiggs but then i think i tried falcon against his fox and i didn't know how to approach (no tourney experience, ne?).

i saw him get destroyed by you in the vids (he's definitely out of practice), and he owned me in at least one game, so you'd probably **** me, but i think i could've won the set if i was warmed up and focused and with him in his current state.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I played you in teams at Bill, Foxy. If you're at the next one (or another event that I'm at), let's play some singles, bro. Hopefully Karn will let us use his room as a Melee room (for friendlies) like some of us wanted.

I think I've gotten significantly better since Bill, so I really want to play as many people as I can next time.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
You should come to my tourney, onlymaskede. January 24th. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207402
I'm definitely up to coming as long as I can get a ride there... I'm really interested in coming to something mainly focused on Melee. The only thing is by the end of January, I may be in CT, though I probably won't know for sure until another month from now. So I'll keep everyone posted.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Well, it's kind of in the works right now, but as soon as everything is sorted out, yes, I will be going back there for good.

It may happen sooner than later, but at the same time it may be quite a while until it all happens (another year or possibly a year and a half).

Foxy

Smash Master
I played you in teams at Bill, Foxy. If you're at the next one (or another event that I'm at), let's play some singles, bro. Hopefully Karn will let us use his room as a Melee room (for friendlies) like some of us wanted.

I think I've gotten significantly better since Bill, so I really want to play as many people as I can next time.
yeah, i'll certainly be at the next bill.

i remember playing you now, you were with KP... but i think by then vilt and i had given up, and that was early so i was still pretty bad and distracted (johns). you're definitely better than me but i still really want to play you when i'm warmed up next time!

more friendlies would definitely be good. i didn't get any last time.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm sorry Mask, I'll miss you bro. Hope you enjoy CT though.

Maybe our matches will be even better than the Falcon dittos I had with Mask =p.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Foxy - lol, you two gave up?... Well, if I remember correctly you played Falcon in (at least) one match, and I don't remember it being bad. :p But I can't judge off teams matches regardless, so yes, friendlies for sure next time.

Peepee - You know I'll miss you too, bro. I will enjoy it though. I can't help but love my homestate.

I'm sorry our matches were probably really boring for you last time, since you were basically just kicking my ass with leisure. Seriously, I know I say this all the time, but NEXT TIME I really think (or hope) our matches will be at least a bit more balanced, and better overall.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Had you given up when Ali and I played you foxy? I remember you playing decently if I recall correctly...

Mask, I think part of the problem is you're not getting regular exposure to competition like LoZR, Ali, or myself. I'm sure that your practice will start to pay off soon enough. Believe me, my Falcon isn't that great, and you'll see what I mean next time probably...

Show CT the Catfish.

Foxy

Smash Master
Had you given up when Ali and I played you foxy? I remember you playing decently if I recall correctly...

Mask, I think part of the problem is you're not getting regular exposure to competition like LoZR, Ali, or myself. I'm sure that your practice will start to pay off soon enough. Believe me, my Falcon isn't that great, and you'll see what I mean next time probably...

Show CT the Catfish.
I played you guys in doubles? At Bill's? I'm pretty sure I never got to play either of you. Unless you mean Jubilee, which I did well in, you guys only 1-stocked us in game 1.

Yeah, I'm not used to playing good players at all, I really just need to get experience with matchups and approaching.

xZapdosx

Smash Apprentice
You can't talk about beating Greensboro until you talk about beating me and KnightPraetor (he counts for GSO now)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol @ Malk and his relocation for stronger region strategy.

I sure thought we played in doubles Foxy, but there's a good chance I'm wrong lol.

Just play me some, and I'll help you out with things like approaching ok?

BEHR, first step is practice. By yourself and with Mask/Vilt/Malk/KP.

Top Bottom