• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

it's Glue time (rate my doc ^^) (23/12/2008)

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Ughhh im sorry man, unacceptable video quality. I totally want to rate your doc, but I can't watch that.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lets see.

1) You roll in too much. Rolling in is never a good approach, unless you know they're going to be swinging as you roll so that you cant get punished. You just kinda roll in anyway.

- When you are on the near a ledge, you also roll in. That's EVERYBODY's tendancy.

2) You're not trying to get out of sheik's space while she has the advantange. It's like you're constantly trying to swing as if she's going to magically stop. You have to make your opponent stop swinging at you first before you go for your stuff.

3) :45, Sheik is clearly waiting for you to waveland onto the stage, and that's essentially what you do. >.> You have to see those kinds of things.

4) shortly after you threw a pill, poorly spaced. There was no way you could have gotten anything from that pill even if sheik stayed and took the hit because you cant cancel pills. Because of that, you have to jump out when you throw those (or just straight up). The point is, you you cant land next to somebody when throwing a pill. >.>

5) Ok, ya did a good job getting away from sheik, but you tried to come off the platform with a f.air and got a sheikslap for it. You got to go with something faster or dont try that challenge at all.

6) Second stock was a bunch of trying stuff at the wrong time. Trying to come back in on sheik with (i think) a d.air, trying to cape... something? (I think you wanted to cape an aerial, but you were way too early). It's not that you're doing wrong stuff, you're just doing it at the wrong time.

7) 3rd stock. All of those times you rolled in in the beginning and sheik jumped, you coulda followed her up with an u.air. Why not do that instead of rolling back in front and eventually getting f.aired in return. >.>

8) Next stock. You're trying some FH F.air. The problem is you're standing next to sheik, and you're trying to land right on her with fairs. That's bad spacing. Move out, or look to cross over. But dont land square on top of her so you get shieldgrabbed.

9) Roll -> downsmash to get sheik off. Good.

10) Double jumped into a f.air. Bad. :(

___

That's like, a quick rundown of what I saw.

You could afford to throw more pills, but you cant really spam them against sheik since needles beat pills. Pills can set you up for more grabs (which you need to look for more grabs, btw). If somebody is going to be in the air alot (which this sheik did), you could use alot more FH D.air approaches, b.air, u.air, just basically anything that's not f.air. XD

You've gotta work on spacing yourself better (not landing ontop of people with nairs and fairs), and protecting your space better (u.tilts? f.tilts?)

Glue

Smash Rookie
thx for the Advice, ill take note of that xD and put some video in a future, i have problem with the cap falcon of my cousin too >.<, when I fight him,ill put our videos

p.d: dont stop to post >.<

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Captain falcon.

Well, from my recent experience and experiment, i've found out that the best way to deal with captain falcon is to either

1) stand right in his face (like everybody else does so they dont get naired to death)

or

2) stand completely on the other side of the f'n stage. (So he has to run at you and nair).

If you stand anywhere in the middle, prepare to get naired.

Nair alone beats doc.

:(

Glue

Smash Rookie

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Glue-- Unas cositas despues de ver tus videos de arriba:

Como ha dicho muy bien nuestro amigo Dogy, no uses tanto el "roll" para esquivar, especialmente con un personaje tan rapido como Cpt. Falcon. En vez de rodar, intenta a usar con mas fluidez el wavedash (por eso hay que practicar mucho, pero vale la pena). Este va a ayudarte para usar el espacio mas eficazmente contra otras personajes que tienen una ventaje grande en su movimiento y el alcance de sus ataques.

Ademas, contra samus, debes jugar un poco mas agresivo. Los que usan samus necesitan mucho espacio para sus mindgames y proyectiles, y tambien no pueden infligir mucho dano cuando estas cerca. La ventaje de Doc, en este caso, es de usar la menteleta para reflejar los misiles y tambien las pildoras para interrumpirlos. Este hiciste bien, pero cuando habian oportunidades, no los tomaste. Recomiendo que uses el Uair, Utilt, jab, o Ftilt (entre otros) para mantener la presion, y el Fair (especialmente este, porque samus esta flotando tanto) Dmsmash, o Fsmash para acabar con ella.

A fin de todo, tienes estilo muy bien, espero ansiosamente de ver mas de sus juegos. (Pero, otra vez, debes comprar algo para recordarlos directamente a un computadora; la calidad de los videos es horrible.)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
OH yeah, i forgot to watch these. Guess I'll do that now.

___

*Watches first vid*

Oh god Doc vs Samus.

All in all, you played this match pretty well. Didnt really get too greedy, just racked up damaged and picked samus apart.

Some things to note.

1) anytime you block a samus smash (forward or down), you get a free grab or d.smash in return. F.smash is harder to punish, though.

2) Although you want her in the air, you dont want her in the air in front of her. Samus's nair is too good.

3) Empty jumping is great. Empty double jumping is terrible. >.>

4) 2nd stock, you shoulda just fell to the ledge. I'm not saying that from the spectator's point of view of what was the "better option", im saying that because you were flat out TOO eager to get back on the stage, and took the riskiest option availible to get back.

5) You're doing a better job of not rolling so much. Moreso, you're doing smarter rolls. (rolling back, not trying to roll across all the time) Good improvement.

6) If you're going to punish samus, do it with a f.air or f.smash. If you're going to grab, dont throw her out, try to get her up. Throwing her across the stage proves absolutely nothing.

7) -watches a little more-. Oh, you always recover high if the options open. Im reading what you're doing. Mix it up some, especially if it will save you your double jump. Of course, right now it's working, so it's no problem. Just keep that in mind.

8) Hmm, to some degree, you punished samus's tech ( I dunno if it was by accident or by intent ). Problem is, you punished it with a dash attack... which proves nothing. Take a smash, or grab and throw her up (down).

.... Boom!

___
ok, now capfal.

1) .... GRAB THE LEDGE!!1 OMG GRAB THE LED~~ no. :( That edgeguard was all but done, but you went for a cap instead of the ledge. You coulda just took the ledge and came up with a fair (Or hell, you coulda took the ledge, got up, and threw him off again if you wanted to)

2) Good job callin that side-b.

3) Ok, now i have to take the "Good job on rolling less" comment away, cause you're rolling in circles again. Why you're not getting punished for this is beyond me, the pattern is pretty easy to catch.

-sidenote- He... DI'd that backthrow... back? What?! XD Man I wish i had that kinda luck.

-sidenote2- Way to steal that 3rd stock!

All in all, you played that match fairly well. The one big mistake you made was staying in the one place capfal really wants you; above him.

___

2 things that will help you out is

1) still working on not rolling so much. The time you spend randomly rolling around could be used for better things... such as not rolling. XD But really, you could go as far as to just walk and get better positioning rather than rolling back and forth

2) You have to work on your edge guarding. More specifically getting on the ledge for the finish. There were a few times you let some finished edgeguards slip by because you werent on the ledge.

GET ON THAT LEDGE. O_O

Top Bottom