• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Falcon and **** - my Falcon in action

chillindude829

Smash Master
At first I thought Falcon sucked, as many people do I'm sure. I think he's just way different than Melee, but I believe he can be equally beastly. Hopefully this video will help to show that. It's recorded by a digital camera so quality isn't too great, but it's not that bad either.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HWYvGzUq5B8

HUGE thanks to Nava, who recorded these clips and made the video. He did an excellent job.

edit: btw falcon's not my main or anything i just used him for a couple hours before these vids

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
You know I'm beginning to think the same. Falcon still has many options it's just different cos there's more lag after an attack. And I think once Falcon players become accustomed to the knee's new sweetspot and his slightly different style, he'll be his former self again.

Good going Chillin

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I think most people are going to take time to actually decide to pick him again, i mean he's outprioritised by new fighters in brawl but after the honeymoon period is over.
Most people are going back to falcon.

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Well there are combos, they're just nowhere as extreme as in Melee. Still, I like how Brawl is shaping up.

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
er, its been like that since 64 :dizzy: Its not like noobs are going to be any better in Brawl.

shanus

Smash Hero
nice work, i was hoping he wouldnt be as bad as people were saying

chillindude829

Smash Master
oh sweet a mod moved it from general brawl discussion to the falcon forums! now the same thread exists twice in the same room! hooray for smashboards moderation!

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Owned.

Loved that, I knew I'd figure out how to use the new knee to its fullest potential soon as I got the game, and here's a video to show me how. XP

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Chillin hax or something ><

Seriously, is there anything you have to do differently to chain uairs in this game? Because everyone else I've watched that tried has failed.

And is there really enough hitstun for it to work consistently?

I'm only being skeptical because the video was **** impressive.

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
So, would it not be possible for the other player to escape these combos with an airdodge?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL good sh*t my knunch brother

have you figured out the timing for sh knee yet? if i can hit olimar with it then it can hit anyone

Lid

Smash Apprentice
**** yeah captain. you know its a good video when you get a good comment from G-reg

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Whaaat you can combo out of fB when your opponent is ^80%?! Everything I've seen thus far seemed to indicate that the move has too much knockback and too little hitstun to combo out of when your opponent is at practically anything over 0%. Poor DI or is it really comboable?

coldkilla30

Smash Cadet
I'm really lovin the u-air into knee combo on that vid but is it easy to DI out of the combo?

Top Bottom