• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's already been almost a year, and....

The Boss of God

Smash Apprentice
I still can't believe that

wasn't put in the game.

Now, you might be thinking that Capcom is a virtually unknown company, but in reality, that statement is unconditionally false. Street Fighter was created by Capcom. There's the Devil May Cry series, Resident Evil, Breath of Fire, you name it.

However, none of the characters in any of Capcom’s games symbolizes Capcom more than Megaman does. He is and always will be the blue bomber, through and through. To me, the release of Brawl without the inclusion of Megaman was a hugely disappointing event. Back in the day, the three giants of video gaming were most definitely Nintendo, SEGA, and Capcom. I would have taken Megaman over Solid Snake any day of the week.

What are your thoughts on this?

Baro

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts: It's already been almost a year and I stopped caring long ago.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I would trade megaman for snake anyday (awesome character who appears on a lot of nintendo systems>>>>>>a character who was begged in and rarely appears on a nintendo system). Also, many people take snake to be one of the representatives of sony (although it's unofficial, it;s similar to Crash back in the day).

Still, it's long over and nothing can be done.

-:bowser:Bowser King

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Mega Man pwns Snake and Sonic any day. You can't hate Mega Man, he's too original. :p
Speaking of which is it Mega Man or Megaman? :urg:

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
Capcom and Konami are on Absolute Competition on each other. They both can't be in the same game, Sakurai had to choose between Solid Snake and Megaman.

Personally I'd have liked more that Megaman was in brawl because there were a lot of Megaman games on The Nintendo systems like: Megaman 1-6 on the NES, Megaman 7 Megaman and Bass Megaman X-X2-X3 on the SNES Megaman 64 on the... N64 of course...
There might be others but those are the ones I played, and Snake only had 2 games on the NES.
You can somehow say that Megaman is "More loyal" to Nintendo and because of that I think he deserved that spot in the selection screen more than Snake but... Sakurai is greedy and Nintendo doesn't care.

Besides... Megaman is stuck to another crossover fighting game already.

Church

Smash Cadet
I would have enjoyed to see Megaman in the game, possibly even over Snake. While Solid Snake is certainly my favorite videogame character of all time he just seems a little out of place and although he is a fun character to play I think Megaman would have been more appropriate.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
I think he could have been a cool character, but I think even expecting any non-Sonic third-party character was getting your hopes up a lot (maybe too much).

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I would have enjoyed to see Megaman in the game, possibly even over Snake. While Solid Snake is certainly my favorite videogame character of all time he just seems a little out of place and although he is a fun character to play I think Megaman would have been more appropriate.
Yup totally agree. I mean Snakes a great character and I enjoyed MGS 1 & 3 (I refuse to finish MGS2...Raiden) but he seems to realistic..everyone else is wacky and cartoonish.

Megaman would have fit in better.
He would spam the pants off everyone with all his awesome projectiles. Rockets, lasers and tornado majiggy! =D
I could only imagine what his Final Smash would be.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Didn't Solid Snake make his debut on the NES?
And yeah Ryu > Megaman anyway.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
The only things that really disappointed me were:

No playable Ridley
Toon Link was a clone and didn't have a Wind Waker moveset which would have been amazing...

Lovely

Smash Lord
I'll blame Capcom for not contacting Smash to put Megaman in Smash X. I think Konami wanted Snake in Smash since Smash Deluxe and they were too late to put him in, then came Smash X and Konami already had the idea to put Snake in the game, Sonic got lucky and was put in the game, the main reason why his moves isn't so la-ti-da.

Top Bottom