• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.. Its Almost Here Check This Thread 4 Link..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Jihnsius what do you mean 'used to be fun?' Pshh..... dude when was the last time you played with up-to-date cards along with up-do-date understanding of the rules? Granted a lot of **** has changed but that just shows your inability to change with it. Do you think Magic could've survived for the 10+ years it's been around without change?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Jihnsius what do you mean 'used to be fun?' Pshh..... dude when was the last time you played with up-to-date cards along with up-do-date understanding of the rules? Granted a lot of **** has changed but that just shows your inability to change with it. Do you think Magic could've survived for the 10+ years it's been around without change?
First off, just because something's been around for a long time doesn't mean it's good (this is generally speaking, not in specific). Second, I simply said I don't enjoy it anymore. Over half of my cards were banned from tournaments within a few years after they were released, and the rules were almost completely changed. The rule that really got to me was when they made it specific that summoning sickness counts for every card you put into play, not only monster's ability to attack. If anyone played by Ice Age rules anymore, I'd love to play.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Summoning sickness is only for creatures, not all cards. It affects attacking and any ability that includes tapping in the activation cost. Is that what you meant, or were you misinformed?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Summoning sickness is only for creatures, not all cards. It affects attacking and any ability that includes tapping in the activation cost. Is that what you meant, or were you misinformed?
Yes. Any ability that requires tapping the card. Pre-Ice Age, Summoning Sickness only applied to attacking.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I guess cave if thats how you feel.. But you seem a lil Gay.. IONO..

And Johnagsm.. LMAO. Ok Tom w/e I think johns are better then being big headed after 1 match.

Any 1 who say crews are useless either have a disfunctional crew or not a crew at all, When you have a true crew it works as a synergy.(dont know if you guys know what that is)

+ if you looking to get good and get your name out its better to have done it in FTA instead of KFC and his friends Or Tc1 and his posse..'

LOL. But mostly crews are your friends that you wish to share the glory of winning or getting better with.. If u dont have a crew or you have a disfunctional crew you will not understand me...

BY THE WAY THIS IS MY POINT OF VIEW IM NOT TRYING TO FORCE MY VIEWS OB TO YOU ***
but you can play with friends and strive together without it being an official crew. Like you don't need to draw lines and say who is in. For example, my "crew" is just my friends from santa cruz i play with. They aren't very good (neither am I) but we just chill and play smash every once in a while.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Wow I didn't know that. There are only a couple of the old rules I know about.. like before 6th Edition if a blocker became tapped after it was assigned, it wouldn't deal damage. So back then, if you blocked and then used a tap ability your creature wouldn't deal damage.

edit:

So what's going on with the possible venues?

edit2:

Can I come by and get my TV today?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
after the tournament you guys have, can anyone bring tv's, cubes, or tio to modesto??

im me @ choknater in advance. thanks for the help

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah jihnsius, no i can't, i'm sorry. i was asking the people who are going to the tournament for sure, there are 5 or so.

DRGN

Technowizard
Lol, Tomi, anything is a john to you. It's like, say I lose and say "Crap, maybe I should be using 'attack x' instead of 'attack y' in this situation." (legitimately contemplating on how to improve for next time) And yet immediately the only thing you'll think of is: "JOHNS!" I swear, I could like ask if I could have a piece of the pretty cake on the counter and you'd accuse me of Johns!

Meep, I have more cards than I have use for, if you really want to pick up Magic i'll give you some.

Jihnsius: Wow, you have cards primarily from that far back? Do you have anything from Alliances? I'm looking for two or three 'Lat-Nam's Legacy'.

Btw, 'toning down' isn't necessarily a bad thing. Do you like losing on your third, second, or even first turn? That can be pretty dumb, games usually try to go in the opposite direction of "whoever lands the first hit wins" kind of stuff. Plus, a lot of the really old cards/rules were broken enough that it restricted the metagame to a relatively small pool. The changes they made led to it being a lot more strategic than it already was, and made the game more dynamic.

The fact is, when the cards & rulings are less powerful/broken there are a lot more options & strategy in the game as a whole.

Are you going to go to DG IV? If so maybe you can bring your cards, i'd love to look through 'em. Also, if you're not completely bored with the game i'd be up for playing.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
You haven't bothered to look. Quit playing D2 and start playing Magic. lol. I'll give you the cards but you get to make your deck, like I said before (same for you Meep). And we never played Yu-Gi-Oh wtf?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Jihnsius: Wow, you have cards primarily from that far back? Do you have anything from Alliances? I'm looking for two or three 'Lat-Nam's Legacy'..

I've only purchased one deck past Ice Age... I think it was Mirage. Other than that, no, never heard of any other cards, really.

EDIT: I don't think I'll be making the tournament, couldn't come up with the fundage. Perhaps we'll do the money match later, Delph.

tc1

Smash Lord
On another note : lol

Theres A new Sac biweekly untill and if mine resume./// Directions and rules will be up soon..

And im formally leaving Delphiki to creating a new thread.

thanx all .. its been a blast having u

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
Tomi, im up for this weekend... you tell me what day so i can make space, let me know!

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
SURE I'LL THROW A FOOKING PARTY!!! .........after I come back from disneyland.......

ANYONE WANT TO MAKE A pARTy TO CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!?!!???!!! a close thread celebration!!!

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Well, Enoc...maybe I can skip FNM this friday to go smash it up with you...Friday night I'll be spending the night at Delphiki's, then saturday we'll be going to Modesto...I can take you with me to Delphiki's, but no Modesto, sorry. ;_;

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
im ok... i dont have time to go to modesto, the only reason i mentioned marth_madness was because if u knew him we could go to his place because... well... my place is not a good place to smash. so if we plan something for friday wheres it gona be at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom