• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.. Its Almost Here Check This Thread 4 Link..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
more notice would be nice in the future. for example, i work on the 4th and there's nothing I can do about it. So very sad. I need to know a few things, though.

Are you serious about it being a real biweekly? because if that's true, I need to know soon so I can get it off work.

I'm also off work at 10 on sat... will you still be smashing? if so, I suppose I could drop by.

"Your soda just 4-stocked the muffin" <- best quote ever.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
He originally mentioned this more than month ago. In fact it was mentioned several times in multiple threads, most of which you had posted in.

This will be either a bi-weekly or a tri-weekly event.

And that soda owned that muffin..... But I've got to stick up for him, he was totally counterpicked. Everyone knows Soda counters Muffin at BK.....duh..

Jedi (Marth)

Smash Cadet
I'm still the new guy and don't really know the skill levels of Sac players, but I'm pretty interested in comming to the event(s) - is it mandatory that players have elite skill or can we come and get some pointers? =D

I know a few decent players who'd love to play against new people like I would, so we'd be down to Smash with you, without a doubt!

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
lol...don't worry about "elitist" status or anything like that...the only tournament i know of that does that is MLG playoffs...just know this. there's a risk that you'll just be giving us your money. but once you get past that fact...welcome to the sacramento smash community. ALRIGHT TC1! make these true biweeklies! i want in on the NCPR!

Jedi (Marth)

Smash Cadet
After having a good look at the videos by Wak covering advanced techniques as if they were stupid-simple and then figuring that most if not all of the players I would see at this event and others will surely be sporting mastery of at least two thirds of what is covered in the videos I think I might have to reach a level where I am not punished by my regular group of smash-buddies so much and where I can bait them into lagging and use mindgames with certain success before I go to Rancho to give away my six bucks. Definately down for some Smash Fest but I doubt that I would even classify as a contender just yet.

Ya know what I hate? I hate how the more I watch videos and the more I browse SSBM conent on the web, the clearer it becomes to me that there are tons of players much better than me out there, and in order to develop the level of skill I want I will have to suffer much humiliating defeat. Unfortunately I love this game way too much to just let everyone be better than me at it... *sigh*

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
lol, well put jedi. oc2 took about 350 dollars outta my pocket, but personally i thought it was well worth it. some of the most fun ive ever had, and my skill practically doubled...practice with the sactown smashers. learn from us. then when you're ready, pay up. let me know when you're ready to smash. tomorrow maybe?

tc1

Smash Lord
Well it is official .. And this will be happening. I have 1 cube for usage and can get 1 from ANBU 4 sure he will be the 1 putting the matches online.. BTW. he just finished editing the last vid from the STD ,vids shuld be up in about a day on file front or youtube. ok I think Delphiki will bring a cube, any other cube bringers .. bring em. Unless you want this tourny to suck with zero friendlies.. Well yea everythings in place see you all on the 4th, L8\..\\\

O and to Jedi. Hey come get pwned and learn from you miostakes thats the only way you will get better.. Yup.. O and you'll have a chance to win randoms. LOL. COME

tc1

Smash Lord
The tourny will be over by then but there might be a smashfest after at delphiki's house.

/

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
The tourny will be over by then but there might be a smashfest after at delphiki's house.

/
hmmm, just let me know whats gonna happen before saturday. if someone is planning to smash afterwards, just shout it out on the forum here.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
will random teams be random partners with set characters or set partners with random characters. I like the 2nd idea better.

I think i should be able to make it.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
It will be set partners, random teams. Ender that'd be great if you could get more members of TeamScape to come! I never got any matches against the rest of us at NCT2!

Also if there is Smashing at my place it will be up to my roommate (Civil 9), because I will be going straight to work after this event, and I work at 5. Could anyone else host a Smashfest afterwards if Civil doesn't want to? And Jon Civil 9 and I will be bringing a TV.

@ Jedi - When I first began playing against the Sacramento area ams/pros I was destroyed, and I am sure I was a noob to them. Now, several months later, I have been accepted into the strongest crew in the Sacramento area. The only limits to human achievement are perserverance and curiosity. Never stop questioning, and never stop trying, and you will gain what you seek. It would be beneficial for you to attend, even if you do get beaten. I attended NCT2 on Saturday, and I didn't make it into brackets. However my game has already improved, and the things I learned there will help me improve over the next month. The more matches you play and the more techniques you observe, the greater you will become.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
It will be set partners, random teams. Ender that'd be great if you could get more members of TeamScape to come! I never got any matches against the rest of us at NCT2!

Also if there is Smashing at my place it will be up to my roommate (Civil 9), because I will be going straight to work after this event, and I work at 5. Could anyone else host a Smashfest afterwards if Civil doesn't want to? And Jon Civil 9 and I will be bringing a TV.

@ Jedi - When I first began playing against the Sacramento area ams/pros I was destroyed, and I am sure I was a noob to them. Now, several months later, I have been accepted into the strongest crew in the Sacramento area. The only limits to human achievement are perserverance and curiosity. Never stop questioning, and never stop trying, and you will gain what you seek. It would be beneficial for you to attend, even if you do get beaten. I attended NCT2 on Saturday, and I didn't make it into brackets. However my game has already improved, and the things I learned there will help me improve over the next month. The more matches you play and the more techniques you observe, the greater you will become.
what does that mean?

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Hmmmm this sounds interesting.

I like the random character random stage bit especially. Really gives people a chance to try different characters under (somewhat) intense circumstances. Lol i'm down for trying this new but, gg TC1.

yeah so I'll try and make it to this mk? mk.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
hey!!!! um....I need more details about this...when does it start.....???.....hey ender maybe I can catch a ride with you because I might go to school on saturday at 12.30 for footbal game....and stuff....but I just need to know if you can give me a ride so i can ditch the game right after I perform!

and if I can catch ride with anyone I'll bring my cube ^.^...

DId delphiki say best crew ever???
hey all crews....lol

Delphiki

Smash Champion
No Cavesonic I said strongest crew in Sac. I wonder what crew is considered the most powerful? Arash's? Chu's?

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to these getting big. The larger they get, the more weight they may be given for the NCPR!! Hopefully people will begin to travel (more than twenty minutes) to these.

Momo how will you be getting here? I've been wanting to play the rest of TeamScape, in fact I haven't played against more than a third of the crew in a loooong time.

tc1

Smash Lord
set people with random characters. or w/e works better.. Lets have a vote.

1 = random teams set character
2= random characters set teams//

remeber SBA ender so it wont matter even if u choose ur main every time. (CAVE SONICS TOURNEY)

O and to cave sonic all the details are in the first post read it dates & times are there

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
remeber SBA ender so it wont matter even if u choose ur main every time. (CAVE SONICS TOURNEY)
I dont know what this means.

I vote set teams random chars. Would we do random chars each match, each set or once for the whole tourney?

Me and simna are teaming cuz I need some money.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
excellent ^.^ lol well ok I guess I can try and ge there so yeah! ^.^ hmmm wait so we are going to end up just choosing a team mate???or will that be random as well as the character ...I am still confused...

The GERM

Smash Ace
this is bob ..GIVE ME MY POKEMON CARDS !!! ENDER PLEASE LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Delphiki

Smash Champion
He didn't but that would be awesome. I'm sure you could pick up your Pokemon cards there... and a visit like that would help get the event better known.

And you got it KFC, this Saturday. Do you think you can make it? Pichu wants his revenge....*low pitched demonic laughter from 1'00" electric mouse*

Cavesonic, everything has been posted clearly. There is a vote going between set teams, random characters and set characters, random teams.

So far the vote is 3-0 in favor of set teams, random characters. If so that would mean new randomization for every single match. Ender, Simna, and I are in favor.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
Hopefully SAT dont take that long....

Well!!! I cant go...hey TC1 sorry i cant go, and good luck finding a partner tomi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom