• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Items

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally, I just want less 1-hit-ko (or almost) items.

Dragoon, Bob-omb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Deku Nut, Mine, Exploding crates...

And then there's the 40-ish Legendary pokemon, all dealing 1-hit-ko moves.

All I ask... 3 KO items at most, and 3 legendary pokemon that kill at most... (and make these pokemon actually RARE)
The only item that 1 hit KOs is the dragoon.

And the Home run bat of course.
While a good portion of those items are powerful, not all of them are guaranteed to make KOs. Remember that giants and metallic characters can greatly reduce the knockback that the powerful items can deliver.

Anyway, as BSP said, the Dragoon is pretty much the only item that's guaranteed to KO players, regardless of their size and weight.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
The Ultra Hand: Nintendo's First Popular Toy!

Has been in Mario Power Tennis, Grill-Off with Ultra Hand, & various Wario games
:phone:

SuperNintendoBoy812

Smash Rookie
what if the stock ball from SSE could be an item it would probably be super rare. i would imagine it floating around in the air like a smash ball just to give each player a fair chance at it.
what about the trophy stand as an item? it would have a lot of lag when you throw it like the home-run bat but if it connects the opponent will instantly be turned into a trophy:awesome:. it should probably only be thrown once or twice and can be thrown vertically.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mega Mushroom

This item makes the player mega-sized (same size as if the Lightning item turns players into giants). Like with the Super Mushroom, it enhances the player's power and weight, but it also drastically increases his/her flinch resistance.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
1-UP mushrooms
In Stock Matches: Gives 1 Extra Stock
In Regular match: 0% Damage

[COLLAPSE=" "]
[/COLLAPSE]
Maybe. If it's rare, and in stock matches, doesn't let a player's stock go past the stock set at the beginning of the match.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Granola bar/Energy drink.
For a limited time only, you too can have slightly reduced starting lag and halved ending lag on all your moves!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
The cake of Super Mario 64 is a lie:

Most of the health is restored but as counterpart your character becomes ridiculusly fat, slow and heavy for an half minute.

Jet300

Smash Ace
IMO ditto should be a poke ball item character. He transform in the opponent and attacks the opponent with there move set (obvious). What do you guys think?

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
IMO ditto should be a poke ball item character. He transform in the opponent and attacks the opponent with there move set (obvious). What do you guys think?
Yeah not a bad idea. I've suggested that it could turn into the user instead.

This thread focuses on items like the beam sword or hammer. Here's the thread that primary focuses on pokeball pokemon & assist trophies.
¦
V
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324361

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Any Mario power up from the New Super Mario Bros series would be sweet.
Mega mushroom would also make them much slower and have awful jump, But very heavy.
Mini mushroom they could be a lot quicker and more floaty.
Ice flower, leaf, propeller hat, so many possibilities.

A cucco from Ocarina of Time could potentially be amazing. Walks around like Mr. Saturn and you can pick it up and fly with it a little bit. But if it gets hit enough, it calls in a bunch of them to attack everyone

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So....what are people's thoughts on having the Motion-sensor bomb being replaced by claymore mines from MGS?

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I don't like it. Motion sensor bombs are great for the lulz. I'm fine with claymores being added, but not at the expense of ms bombs.

I want fludd as an item, off marios back. Hopefully it makes mario less ****ty.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't like it. Motion sensor bombs are great for the lulz. I'm fine with claymores being added, but not at the expense of ms bombs.
I mean as basically an asthetic swap. They'd still function the same as the MSB.

I want fludd as an item, off marios back. Hopefully it makes mario less ****ty.
Hm...maybe.

volvox

Smash Rookie
SMB2 Potion

When this item is thrown on the ground, a red door appears that anyone can enter. When someone enters, the whole stage imediately flips horizontally. This could possibly cause others to fall. Also like smb2, it'll become nighttime and the whole stage will turn black, making it difficult to see where you are standing. The bgm would be replaced by the smb2 dreamworld theme (a mellow smb1 theme) while this is happening. After a few seconds, the stage would immediatey return back to normal.

Every object on the stage would still act normally, but would be covered by a black shadow. The only things that would be clearly visible are the players, the door, and a smb2 mushroom placed randomly on the inverted stage. This mushroom will heal %25. Anyone who enters the door the second time would flip the stage back to normal and be safe from falling during the switch (the mushroom will disappear).

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
SMB2 Potion

When this item is thrown on the ground, a red door appears that anyone can enter. When someone enters, the whole stage imediately flips horizontally. This could possibly cause others to fall.
Or... Opponent's left and right control are inverted and their speed is reduced, as well as the speed of the whole stage hazards, scrolling and background animations. Also, the music is still the same but slowed and tuned down.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dunno if anyone has mentioned the blue shell or not.
Would fly offscreen, then come back and hit the player leading the match.
BUT similar to Mario kart games, it will hit you if you are leading.
However, a perfectly timed shield or airdodge can save the player.

D

Deleted member

Nopon's Biter

This item could work as a melee weapon, like Lip's Stick without projectile but with more disabling effects like paralysis, poison, freezing, burning and more.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

No, please! The blue shell would ruine everythig!
One thing I thought instead are Pacman's winged boots.
Similaryly to the bunny hood they make wings appear on your feet, allowing you infinite midair jumps till they disappear.
You can wear both them and the bunny hood together, but that results being a dangerous combo since jumps are amplified and you might end jumping off the screen if you are not really carefull.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The 2L84ME needs to return. :c Only item I genuinly liked.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Man, the Barrel Cannon was a really fun item. I would always purposely go in it just to get blasted away. I didn't even care if I died, it was just too much fun.

But anyway, for a new item how about something Fire Emblem related? Maybe Tomes that can make the user cast different elemental spells (like a projectile) depending on what Tome the player is holding. Some could include Fire, Thunder, Dark Magic, etc. After a certain amount of uses, the book will "break" and disappear.

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice

This would be great, yet really annoying

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll bring back 1 year old item suggestion to this thread.

Launch Star

When appearing, they will float a little bit above the ground, while slightly tilted to the air. These are large enough for letting a player fit inside them.

A Launch Star can be activated by pressing A near it, much like Warp Star. When used, the player will be spinned briefly inside it, and launch powerfully away to the air at high speed, much like in Galaxy.

These Launch Stars however, give a five-second time of fast-moving, unlimited flight which can be directed very freely. (Think like Sonic's Final Smash expect you can fly around in any diagonal direction as well)
When flying, your player glows and seems to emit stardust around him. He also leaves a glowing path similar to shooting star: this looks like the translucent, glowing paths from Galaxy.

You can press A for a Star Spin which lets you deal decent damage and high knockback. Star Spin uses the quick starry energy seen from Galaxy when Mario used it, and technically is similar to Wing Ability's Gust Roll from Kirby Air Ride.

After five seconds the speed drops severely down and your character loses it's translucent, stardusty glow.This renders your character into helpless state. Be sure to find safe ground to descend on at this point or you'll plummet surely on your doom.
Look at that, this is now an item on SSBU!

Seems to function to the Sling Star-idea I had written, which is really neat!

Last edited:
Top Bottom