• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It isn't often I find the need to do this...

fkacyan

Smash Hero

On a serious note, I kinda wanna see how NR handled himself against Ksizzle / ADHD. Especially the latter. I'm not still sure I'm convinced of the general viability of the character (MLG wasn't seeded, so while I won't say Nick didn't earn the player vs player victories, we can't say he was playing the right people in the right spots), I guess I might take her more seriously from now on.

And I definitely won't sleep on Florida any more. Should change their state title to "The Upset State."

That being said, NR also proved that we do need a viable anti-Falco secondary at the very least.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
LOL cynide

Btw I don't understend all this upset about Florida..
Back to Winterfest they've already proved to be one of the best if not the best state..

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
@Thio: ZSS totally needs a secondary for Falco. =/

I think DEHF is a step above any Falco Nick will have played (Florida doesn't have a great one, really) but it still isn't a good match-up at all. I think any other match-up is manageable though, except maybe Sheik.

I'm more convinced of ZSS' viability now. There are a lot of characters that are viable with a secondary, so I'm happy with that.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Dazwa had my favorite reaction to this:

Me [8:24 PM]: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=65776
Dazwa [8:24 PM]: alright
Dazwa [8:24 PM]: first things first
Dazwa [8:25 PM]: i see the title
Dazwa [8:25 PM]: i don't see who posted it
Dazwa [8:25 PM]: "please be inui"
Dazwa [8:25 PM]: "****"

@SFP: I'm actually kinda scared to take her into double blinds, honestly. If somebody has a half-decent Falco they can pretty much have their way with her.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Actually, I don't agree with THAT at all. I think anything but a very very good Falco is pretty easy to deal with, which is the saving grace. It isn't like Dedede vs DK where all you have to do is learn to shield and buffer a grab. They actually have to know the ZSS match-up and how to exploit her weaknesses, which isn't really easily done but when done effectively is devastating.

Do we just assume that everyone has the time to do that? Maybe when making a tier list, but realistically, you just have to know who plays Falco at the tourneys you're going to. Example: I came very close to beating Keitaro at my second or third tourney ever, and he is a very good player, better than I am. He's no DEHF though.

Zero

Smash Hero
A semi-decent Falco who doesn't know the matchup can not easily sweep a ZSS who knows the matchup back-to-front, as we all should considering it's widely thought to be her worst matchup. ZSS has a lot of nice things that we can abuse in this matchup if the Falco isn't weary.

eg. At mid/high percents, if you land utilt while Falco phantasms, it combos into a fair. If you can react fast enough, or predict it, phantasm isn't safe for Falco. Still, even with gimmicks, it's not easy, but it's possible.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Love it <3
Falco is annoying...but that doesn't mean the matchup is terribad :( Just gotta be careful. And know what youre doing.

...or you could kick the person playing falco. just saying.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Actually, I don't agree with THAT at all. I think anything but a very very good Falco is pretty easy to deal with, which is the saving grace. It isn't like Dedede vs DK where all you have to do is learn to shield and buffer a grab. They actually have to know the ZSS match-up and how to exploit her weaknesses, which isn't really easily done but when done effectively is devastating.

Do we just assume that everyone has the time to do that? Maybe when making a tier list, but realistically, you just have to know who plays Falco at the tourneys you're going to. Example: I came very close to beating Keitaro at my second or third tourney ever, and he is a very good player, better than I am. He's no DEHF though.
I dunno, NJ is fairly Falco-saturated, I have a decent amount of experience with this. It's not worth my spot in a winner's bracket to go into a double blind with ZSS to find out that I'm playing on the wrong end of a 70-30 (if not worse) matchup.

Or maybe I'm just used to playing good Falcos, lol. The second I utilted one I was playing out of Phantasm he would cancel the dang thing on mixup and smash me for it.

CO18

Smash Hero
Obv skill level comes into effect but mus only matter at highest level and it didnt seem possible for a zss to beat dehf it wasnt like nick was playing bad he just completely eliminated his options.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Falco vs ZSS gets better for the ZSS if both players know the match-up, but it's still ugly for ZSS.

If neither player knows the match-up, Falco will wreck ZSS. Neither DEHF nor Nick have much experience with top-notch players of the other character, and both are the best players of their own characters. Honestly, I'm not surprised Nick got so ****ed up.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Man the man gave its all we can't ask him to go back and time and get his butt busted a bit less. Thats why i main snake for diddy and kirby against falcos.

CO18

Smash Hero
There wasnt 4 frames of lag, think it was 1 or 2 or somethingg they were talkin about it. 4 frames of lag would be redic rofl, i wouldnt be able to cg like ever

Yeah it was 1-2 confirmed by az, 4 frames of lag wouldnt be acceptable imo. but the tvs were good in general, just like 1 frame moves would make it difficult to cg for me sometimes like marths up+b

solecalibur

Smash Master
O rly? kind of explains why AZ told me to find cheap TVs that dont lag if possible
not as bad as my TV i first started playing brawl on it was like 30+ frames of lag or something and kind of hindered my game for about 6 months

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If you're gonna play anything that requires timing, high-quality CRTs are the best.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Good job with ADHD though, bet you wish you practiced up that infinite.

If you're gonna play anything that requires timing, high-quality CRTs are the best.
There are a few lag free monitors on the market with only 2-3ms of lag, but yeah 3+ frames is unplayable. I don't understand how people can even play in the library at NC, it bothers me nonstop...these are tourney players and they just say its not bad if you get used to it...im like sorry I can't react to MK up B now and ZSS isn't all muscle memory like falco.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I always thought D-smash was too slow from a trip. I think most of the time you can still get it, so it's worth trying

Top Bottom