• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It is Saturday March 8th, you looks at the clock..

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
My store already said they were getting Brawl in for a midnight release. I asked for Sunday, March 9th and Monday, March 10th off from work so I could play without interruption. However, since I asked for those days off it is most likely I will be working a (closing) shift at my store the night before (we close at 1:30 am Saturday nights, and don't leave until at least 2 am).

So, most likely, my friend who has my preorder under his name (and will be paying for my copy because HE OWES ME- YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, SIMNA) will go with my other friend who has a preorder there and will get his copy and my copy. Then they'll probably come over after I get off work and we'll play all night.

At least, that's what I speculate.

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
It's 8 o'clock, and head to sit in the mall for 4 hours...praying it's only three hours due to being Daylight's Savings Time. Seriously, I know the clocks go ahead at 2 AM, but the employees might just want to get out of there.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'll be at the High School doing stage crew for Urinetown: The Musical.
Sadly, I'll also be doing this the following day.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Does that really work? I've been thinking of doing something like this. The stores get the games a few days before the actual release date, right? I was planning on going to gamestop and bribing them to give me the game early. Seriously.

You think they'd do it if I bribed them with $20?
Errhmm it works about half the time.

Have no idea how a bribe would work out for ya.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I'd spend the day being anxious for the pre-release tournament at my Gamestop :D

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Sleeping. I'm not sure if there's a midnight release at my GameStop, but I'll be there at six in the morning either way.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
I will stalk game stores in my area on March 6th and 7th, and pick up Brawl before it comes out like I do with most of my fav popular games. You just ask/harass the people behind the counter, if they have any extra copies outside of the pre-orders.

Camping out won't be neccessary.
Um... what stores? Lol, 'cause Target won't do that fo sho.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
I will be hittng lots things... I'll probably eat more than I should do as well...

D*** NOE... why dont they just give us a release date? Why cant the UK get it at the same time as America? WE SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE!!!!!
PAL regulations mean it has to be transated for every country in Europe and be released at the same time everywhere. In other words, April 30. If you were just ranting, I share your pain :/

GameSlave7

Smash Rookie
I will be in an angry state. Cuz I work on the weekends 6am-6pm straight. Which means Brawl hits the shelves, and I will be at work in a matter of hours. Which means my friends will have like 10 hours+ on me when I finally get home. And with the way things are going now, my Thermodynamics AND Fluid Mechanics professors will decide to have tests that week that will require lots of time to study for, depriving me even more. Dang, now I made myself sad.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
and it is *insert time here*, you get ready to head to *insert store name here* by *insert what you are doing to get ready for brawl*.

I want to know what you are all doing that day, because I have no idea what time I should or should not leave for brawl, what store are you or are you not camping out for brawl etc etc..

So..what are you going to do?
Ummm....Sorry to say this, but with brawl, there will be no camping outside the store(s). All you do is walk in, grab a copy, and leave. Sure, it's going to be a major launch, but not that major as to where everyone is camping outside.

Mama

Smash Ace
I don't care if "camping out" isn't necessary I'm going to sleep all day On the 8th and stay up through the night. I'm going to be with my friends in a van in the parking lot of Best Buy to make sure if a line magically develops then I'll get my copy. We had a good time when we camped out for our Wii so my friends want an excuse to do something similar to that again. We all love Smash so we'll all have a good time. Better to be overly safe than sorry imo.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
I don't care if "camping out" isn't necessary I'm going to sleep all day On the 8th and stay up through the night. I'm going to be with my friends in a van in the parking lot of Best Buy to make sure if a line magically develops then I'll get my copy. We had a good time when we camped out for our Wii so my friends want an excuse to do something similar to that again. We all love Smash so we'll all have a good time. Better to be overly safe than sorry imo.
I guess your right, but what if there isn't a line and you sat out there all day? Would it be worth it?

TheLetterJ

Smash Cadet
Watch the new purepwnage. Then discuss how brawl is coming out tomorrow and about the new episode.

Explode from excitement...

Mzero

Smash Cadet
Calling up my friends so the next morning, after we get a little good, we fight

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I'll probably have a Melee party at my house just so that the time goes by quickly. Then once it's getting closer to midnight we'll all head down to Gamestop and get there a little early just for the sake of having fun camping. If there's a tournament going on then I'll definitely get in on that and try to demolish everyone. Not sure if there's going to be one or not though. Then once midnight hits we'll all get our copies and then head back to my place probably and play for a little while before going to bed. I would love to stay up all night but I have an autocross the next day so I'll need to be totally awake and functioning properly so I don't wreck my car and also so I get a better time than my dad and friends who will also be driving. As soon as that's over though I'm going to be back home and playing some SSE.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Studying for midterms. I got spring break the week after so I can wait another week if it means getting good grades and a week of uninterrupted Brawl.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
continue to play japanese brawl or maybe no more heroes. or any other game. I'll just walk into walmart that midnight it comes out and grab a copy.

InSONICnia...

please tell me thats not a sonic fan fic *shudders*

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
i live in florida and the release days happen to be the weekend of megacon-ridiculously awesome convention-so ill be there.
the day should (thankfully) go by quick.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
Well, there's a funny story about that little delay. It actually put Smash to be released the day after this convention in my area where all my friends and I had planned on cosplaying as Brawl characters. Basically, what we're doing is going straight from the convention center to the Gamestop near my place and waiting for the midnight release in full costume. Should be a blast.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Isn't the 9th a weird release date? I don't see why a game would be released on a Sunday, it's usually Mondays in US isn't it?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Watch the premier of Spectacular Spider-Man, go out, come back to watch Naruto, Death Note and Blood+, do a little writing, go to sleep, then wake up Sunday and go get the game.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Seriously though, am I imagining things, or do games NEVER come out on Sundays? :S

Surely it's the 10th? Even if it's on the Dojo, even Nintendo make mistakes, but releases are nearly always "rounded" to the nearest Friday (in UK) so I thought it'd be the same for Mondays in US.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered at EBgames so ill just go get it the next day. Dont think i would ever wait in line at 12:00, thats definitly not me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ill play Melee all day...maybe, then at 11 P.M. Ill drive to gamestop, and wait outside talking with the other waiting smashers and at midnight, when they'll give me my preordered copy, Ill grab it, walk outside, then smell it, drive hom, put it in my Wii and faint from the pure awesome the box is generating.

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
I'll have a gameing marathon and make everyone play melee all day long and we'll see who's the best (me) then get the game at midnight at the store, not sleep play all night and see whose the best in brawl. (also me). Play all of Sunday. Miss school on monday to play. Tuesday go to school and sleep in school so i can stay awake long enough to play brawl some more.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
treat it like any other day get up kill time go to work, work, go home, sleep, wake up on the 9th call eb games see if they have brawl if they do go get it do a dance and then go to work go home play it go to sleep set it up so i have 5 days off work for the weekend and play for 5 days straight.

Spartan64

Smash Journeyman
I play melee, go to a bat mizva, leave at 10:30, head to gamestop with Turtleman, play the demo, then buy the game and play it nonstop except for food.

Top Bottom