• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It is Saturday March 8th, you looks at the clock..

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
and it is *insert time here*, you get ready to head to *insert store name here* by *insert what you are doing to get ready for brawl*.

I want to know what you are all doing that day, because I have no idea what time I should or should not leave for brawl, what store are you or are you not camping out for brawl etc etc..

So..what are you going to do?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
March 8th, waiting another 2 days. So I'll be either playing Melee, sleeping or trying to pass time with another game.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
I dont know if i will camp out in front of the store cuz I preordered, but on March 8th Im going to wake up from a dream of buying brawl and realize I still have a day left. Then I will cry till a few hours before its realease, then I will be happy forever.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I will stalk game stores in my area on March 6th and 7th, and pick up Brawl before it comes out like I do with most of my fav popular games. You just ask/harass the people behind the counter, if they have any extra copies outside of the pre-orders.

Camping out won't be neccessary.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Be happy for what is coming and rushing around like mad for my party on the 9th >.<

Fluff

Smash Cadet
You know what the funny thing about this thread is if no delay occurred what would we be doing right now
sitting infront of gamestop with my legs crossed on the ground rocking and trying to stay warm in 19 degree weather and crying cuz they wont let people in untill 11:30

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Staring out the window as if to expect the "EB Games Magical Flying Delivery Truck" (trademark) to fly through my window and hand me a copy of SSBB a day early because I'm such a "jolly good sport" while simotaneously cursing my own bad luck, stupidity and memory after forgetting my SSBM at my friend's house a year ago and never going back to collect it.

Yeah.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
March 8th I hope I have too much to do at work to think about Brawl (which is probably unlikely). Once I'm home it will be difficult, but I'll probably try to take a nap before zipping over to the Gamestop at midnight to pick up my copy. Then I'll spend a few hours with Brawl before I pass out with wife by my side and my controller in hand.

This all is of course best case scenario of course.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
It's exactly a month until Brawl comes out in North America...Its February 9th, and I should have gotten Brawl tomorrow.

Oh, well...I guess I'll go watch some Brawl videos and read InSONICnia.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
My local EB is actually holding a brawl tourney on release night/day. I'll probably be there till its finished, then nab my copy and head home.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
March 8th:
I have an evening performance for a musical production that I am the Assistant Stage Manager for.
Show is over, the theater gets locked up for the night. I go to the mall where I have my copy of SSBB reserved. I'll be carpooling a group of friends (most of them technicians from the same production that night) to the mall since I'm one of only a very few who can drive. We'll probably end up making it to the mall around 10:30 - 11:00 depending on when the show ends.
Midnight: we get our copies of SSBB and be ecstatic for about 5 - 10 minutes, then I drive a bunch of over-ecstatic people to someone's house were we play SSBB until we have to be back at the theater for a March 9th Sunday matinée of the same production.

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
probably try not to think about it....I'll keep busy by cleaning house, doing chores, or playing melee with friends...I will have a hard time sleeping for sure. I always do it's like my body doesn't want to fall asleep on special days (usually christmas same thing happens) but I won't be camping...or even going to a gamespot. I preordered mine at circuit city....soo.....I'll hopefully get it the day it comes out?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I will stalk game stores in my area on March 6th and 7th, and pick up Brawl before it comes out like I do with most of my fav popular games. You just ask/harass the people behind the counter, if they have any extra copies outside of the pre-orders.

Camping out won't be neccessary.
Does that really work? I've been thinking of doing something like this. The stores get the games a few days before the actual release date, right? I was planning on going to gamestop and bribing them to give me the game early. Seriously.

You think they'd do it if I bribed them with $20?

LamerFlamer

Smash Cadet
Well, the 8th is my dads birthday, so we'll probably be doing something that night before hand, woo birthday. Then he and I will goto gamestop and pick up brawl and play it together! WOO!

dobee

Smash Apprentice
well my gamestop is having a brawl tournament that night so yeah... but before then... i will just do what i usually do

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
.... So sad, most def would be playing brawl rite now for the 2nd time!!! I'm over it tho.... Anyways I'm sure i'm prob gonna do the same thing i did today to past the time quickly while waiting for brawl. Play wow!! My account gets frozen march 10th which is PERFECT cuz I know i'm not gonna start playing dat game again till most likely the new patch comes out for it. I'll be all over brawl for so long.

themutt22

Smash Cadet
Ahh brawl, just in time for finals week. So much internal conflict. Study? Brawl? Tough choice...

Oh, and overnight delivery FTW, I wonder when Newegg will ship it.

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
I'll be checking if there's a line outside the store 3-4 hours before, if there is, get in it. If there's not, take a party ( I'll be with friends ) to the local Best Buy/Target, maybe even catch a movie at the nearby theater.. or just sit around at Gamestop harassing unsuspecting workers. I'll sleep during the day on that Saturday, and play Brawl into the deep night..

KnivesOut

Smash Rookie
play a japanese version of brawl on a modded wii that only works in VS mode, doesn't save, and only has limited characters.

then go buy the full version finally when it comes out.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
well i already preordered so i just need to pick up within 2 days of the release so i can go between that time, but between now and then i'll just be playing my *** version of the game =] if only i could read what it says...

:034:

Smash Hero
Nothing because I live in Europe and preparing for Brawl that day would be absolutely useless.

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice
Scenario 1: Midnight release, walk over to gamestop (yay for across the street gamestop) and pick up my pre-order and play all night to finish SSE.

Scenario 2: Midnight release but lost pre-order due to computer issues so I have to wait till the morning to go other places to find it.

Scenario 3: No midnight release, I go to pick up pre-order and try to get some friends over for playing.

Scenario 4: Same as 3 but I lose my pre-order and go around looking for it on that day.

Scneario 5: Another delay.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
So, everyone realizes that Brawl's release date is on a Sunday right? Major shippers, such as UPS and Fed-Ex won't be delivering that day, so these game stores will all have the game by Friday at least. I'm hoping I can get a noob to break street date. If not, I'll be waiting at my local Game Crazy for the midnight release.

Jeff_ray...

Smash Cadet
Darn it... we don't have these midnight releases around here. I will have to wait for the game to be shipped because mr. Future Shop da ***hole won't let us pick up the order at the store! }:(

And other than that one, EB Games and BestBuy, we don't know a single other shop with video games around here...

Top Bottom