• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It Came From Beyond Subspace....

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
i haven't played a kirby game since superstar so im not too familair with the newer abilities. but sword is will probably always be my favorite.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, the names have been slightly altered from the Japanese to the English. I guess in some changes, to make sense in English ie. Grim and Reap.

ローダ (Ro-da = Roader) = Roader
ポッパラム (Popparamu = Popplam) = Poppant
バイタン (Baitan = Bytan) = Bytan
ファウロン (Fauron = Faulon) = Trowlon
ジェイダス (Sheidasu = Shaydas) = Shaydas
アロアロス (Aroarosu = Aroaros) = Auroros
ギラーン (Gira-n = Gilan (from Guillotine and Villain)) = Greap (from Grim and Reap)
ロボット軍団 (Robot Squad) = ROB Squad
Thanks a lot for the info. ^^
Bytan: Multiply :chuckle:
Kuriboh Kirby! O_O

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hmm. Interesting. I like some of them... but I agree that most of it does kind of scream Kirby-esque... which is fine, Kirby enemies are cool. But it seems odd that there aren't more realistic or epic enemies, considering the feel that the characters have been receiving. I think it might seem a little odd with the more realistic bowser decimating a herd of cartoon bytans and then chasing off Mr. Candy Pants.

Then again, maybe they're thinking that it's a good idea to be playing the scarier creatures and fight against fairly non-offensive enemies... but I'd love to see the return of the kind of creatures you run into in the well of Ocarina of Time. It'd be epic to be surrounded from all sides by lumbering redeads and then the crawling hands and... what not. If it wasn't too scary for Zelda, a game that was rated E, then Brawl ought to be able to put in freakier things too, instead of... well, Greap.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm. Interesting. I like some of them... but I agree that most of it does kind of scream Kirby-esque... which is fine, Kirby enemies are cool. But it seems odd that there aren't more realistic or epic enemies, considering the feel that the characters have been receiving. I think it might seem a little odd with the more realistic bowser decimating a herd of cartoon bytans and then chasing off Mr. Candy Pants.

Then again, maybe they're thinking that it's a good idea to be playing the scarier creatures and fight against fairly non-offensive enemies... but I'd love to see the return of the kind of creatures you run into in the well of Ocarina of Time. It'd be epic to be surrounded from all sides by lumbering redeads and then the crawling hands and... what not. If it wasn't too scary for Zelda, a game that was rated E, then Brawl ought to be able to put in freakier things too, instead of... well, Greap.
The Roader and Shaydas look badass enough for me. =o

I guess Sakurai's aiming at a nice variety of enemies, since this game's all about the variety Nintendo has anyway, from Pika to Snake.
And hey, those aren't all the enemies there are. Check out these:

Or these:

It would be cool to see some Floormasters, though... *wiggles fingers*
And there's no proof that something like that won't happen!

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Well it is logical to have a lot of new enemies. I mean, its called SUBSPACE, which means they're from some inner dimension. And a guy who just (by the looks of it) floats around would be sure to bring all his minions along to take over uhhh.... World of Nintendo?
(WoN > WoW?)

So what I think is: he created some new enemies that take their designs from a little of each and every franchise. These enemies look fun and some even look challenging. As much fun as I would have had just jumping on Goombas all day, it looks like he's taken our favorite characters and placed them in new exciting situations.

It looks like Sakuari is going back to the roots of Nintendo and creating an awesome new side-scholler.

I give my honorary thumbs up for these new baddies, especially if they're intertwined with the old ones.

I kinda wish there was a video this time around....

And does anyone else keep getting reminded of Megaman games when they look at these enemies?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Those enemies are cool, but R.O.B. was the coolest one!

That first enemy reminds me a lot of Wheelie, an enemy from the Kirby series...

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Okay. These two pictures HAVE to be from the same level. The lighting is just different so the rocks look different but the texture and style are still the same. But more importantly they show Pit and Link traveling through them.

Which means that characters may travel through the same levels as some of the other characters; OR Link's and Pit's may interwine when they get to this Mining/Cave Level.

Just thoughts.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Dear Blackadder,

Why do you seem to dislike nearly every update?
Do you even enjoy smash brothers?

Sincerely,

Takun

ANYHOW:

This update is pretty exciting. I really like that the creatures are totally original so we wont have to be bored to death with enemies we could fight in a zelda or mario game. Also, I first checked this update while half asleep, and read "Trowlon" as "Towelon" and was under the impression that it was a towel...with magic carpet like traits. Thank god I was wrong.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
You know, these topic titles are starting to get really stupid. What are you going to say if Dr. Mario is confirmed? "Do you smell what the Doc is cooking?"

Fawriel

Smash Master
You know, these topic titles are starting to get really stupid. What are you going to say if Dr. Mario is confirmed? "Do you smell what the Doc is cooking?"
"Knock knock - Who's there - Doctor - Doctor Who? - That's right!"

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
The enemys look cool although the first enemy reminded me of the rex wheelie from Kirby Air ride.

I can't wait to see the other members of the Subspace Army!

Also the trouser one made me laugh! What type of presents and candys does he have in his pants? (drugs and bombs)

I'm so killing him if I see him with Metaknight.

Meta knight: "COME BACK HERE B****!!!" *slash*

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I never saw the fact hat shaydas has two heads, I though they were snail-like eyes, which makes it kinda dark, I like that lol.
Also Greap is so dark, evil, diabolic looking, just look at him, he can be in a freakinn Silent Hill game LOL.
I just loved Greap adn Shaydas ^^!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Not a great update. I mean it's nice, but I would have liked to see ALL of the enemies from the Subspace Army. At least all the Sakurai invented ones. We can get the Nintendo based ones in a later update.

And even though this wasn't one of my favorite updates, nothing is going to beat this week because of yesterday's update. Could a Smasher ask for more?
Sonic, Sheik, Marth, Falco, Ness?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I laughed out loud when I saw Greap XD In the picture, it looks like he'll only swing his scythes down right...? Well if he did so at that angle, his scythes would just pass on both sides of Pit and scrape the edge of the level XD

Greap: Mwahah! *brings scythes down*
Pit: Noooo! *scythes pass harmlessly by* O_o;...
Greap:.........Curse you 2-D angled screenshots...

Oh and Poppant is the greatest thing since sliced bread XD

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
They look like what would happen if you had Jack Kirby create Kirby Villains with a dash of Megaman villainy and a ounch of Mario villainy added in.

In other words... awesome. I think I'll update my thread later.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
The Trowlon's design strongly reminds me of the Dragoon's design. For those of you who don't know, that was a Legendary Air Ride Machine from Kirby Air Ride, with heightened gliding capabilities. I think the ability of that being similar to the Trowlon's power is more than coincedence.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
Finaally Have My Account!?!?!?!

Hello EVeryone after months n months of reading this forum, I've finally decided to join this forum, Why did i join so late? well my computer was being a laggy B**** so had to prolong till i got my new comp. ANYWAYZ im soo happy to join. TOday's update was medicore, i expected more or less a stage or a character, but good update nonetheless. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Top Bottom