• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It Came From Beyond Subspace....

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Shayda look to me like a Metroid (Prime) kind of enemy. I've only played Echoes, anybody want to comment (and not flame)?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
This was quite possibly one of the worst updates ever, and the salt in the wound that was the infamous three week drought.

I'm already dreadfully sick of Subspace updates, as I'd rather just see all of this for myself come release. But this was just pushing it a little far.

What part of this reads "Nintendo All-Stars" to you? They're littering the Subspace Emissary with original content, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's completely backwards to what Smash Bros. as a series stands for.

At this point I would gladly accept a create-a-brawler mode. They've already broken the "Nintendo All-Star" barrier, so why not?

Hopefully they keep it constrained to adventure mode. If I have to look at these ugly designs and generic backdrops in multiplayer I'll just lose it.

Here's hoping for a better update tonight, because honestly, I'm sick of hearing myself complain about bad updates.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
This was quite possibly one of the worst updates ever, and the salt in the wound that was the infamous three week drought.

I'm already dreadfully sick of Subspace updates, as I'd rather just see all of this for myself come release. But this was just pushing it a little far.

What part of this reads "Nintendo All-Stars" to you? They're littering the Subspace Emissary with original content, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's completely backwards to what Smash Bros. as a series stands for.

At this point I would gladly accept a create-a-brawler mode. They've already broken the "Nintendo All-Star" barrier, so why not?

Hopefully they keep it constrained to adventure mode. If I have to look at these ugly designs and generic backdrops in multiplayer I'll just lose it.

Here's hoping for a better update tonight, because honestly, I'm sick of hearing myself complain about bad updates.
Here's two crazy Ideas:

Don't go to the Dojo
Don't buy SSBB

:psycho:

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone considered that the entire subspace army is comprised of scrapped ideas for other games, that are now back for revenge against the successful characters? I have been thinking about this sice I saw R.O.B, and Popant sure looks like a pokemon that died on the drawing board.

Weed

Smash Lord
Poppant sort of reminds me of the old pedophile from Family Guy.
"Why dont you just reach in there and fish it out for me"

The Duck

Smash Champion
It’s a cool update…so I might as well give my two cents on each creature.

Roader Doesn’t look that extraordinary for a motorcycle-based enemy, but it still looks cool and should be a tough obstacle in groups.

Poppant Pretty easy to guess that those candies will serve as healing items, or something else…some could heal a little, others could heal a lot, and still others would make for greater feats…but taking each one or chasing these guys in some areas might lead to a price, so it should be interesting.

Bytan Hmm, I guess they make for small attacks, but each color might do something different.

Trowlon These guys probably just KO characters, but worse things could happen. Can’t say what, but more dangerous forms of these guys might do worse things.

Shaydas Yep, looks like a miniboss to me. Really cool-looking and a possible challenge.

Auroros Reminds me of those Burrowing Snagret birds from Pikmin. A really interesting design, looks like we can pull them out of the ground as a clobbering item or even a throwing spear, so this might come in handy for boss battles.

Greap I guess the name refers to the Grim Reaper with his scythe…which is kind of like a sickle. It’s probably a mini-boss as well, before Shaydas because it looks bulky and slow, though it’s a gamble as to which one hits harder.

R.O.B. Squad I had a feeling that those robots from the Petey cutscene were ‘ROB’ robots. Looks like we might have to pummel them, then throw them out of the area. If we just don’t hit them out first.

Pretty interesting stuff…though it’s a bit too bad that Sakurai didn’t mention anything relating to ‘*International* Talk Like a Pirate Day’ (Sep. 19, the update day), but I don’t know if the Japanese pay much attention to that anyway so I only half-expected any mention. Yahr indeed.

I'm usually not one to pick favorites, but I'll make an exception, so Auroros and, in first place, Shaydas, are my favorites out of the bunch. The others are tied in 4th behind Poppan.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Has anyone considered that the entire subspace army is comprised of scrapped ideas for other games, that are now back for revenge against the successful characters? I have been thinking about this sice I saw R.O.B, and Popant sure looks like a pokemon that died on the drawing board.
That's not a bad theory at all. My take was that the enemies were Subspace Army-ized versions of enemies from other Nintendo games, but I like what you came up with too. Maybe there is some background to these odd looking enemies that is more than meets the eye. And maybe Sakurai will reveal this to us at some point. Maybe...

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
I think all these enemies are acceptable (barely), except the "Trowlon".

"...lift characters up and fly off with them," you say?

"****ing lame," is what I say.

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm not going to bag on the new enemies we're getting for the Subspace Emissary, because I actually like them. However, I am going to say that the names given to these enemies are completely ********. The only decent name is the R.O.B. Squad.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
am I the only one who thinks that the stage that Link is fighting Shaydas in looks like Faron Woods from TP?

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
In the picture of Link fighting Shaydas, what level is that? reminds me of somewhere of Twilight Princess

Edit: I just read the post above and the quote... Yeah i agree with you :laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Shaydas would have to be able to move considerably fast to be considered a good semi-boss.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Shayda look to me like a Metroid (Prime) kind of enemy. I've only played Echoes, anybody want to comment (and not flame)?
It looks like something from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, like one of those twilight creatures. And the background looks a lot like the camping site in Gerudo Desert. The Ing in Metroid Prime 2 are different looking.

Florida

イーグランツ
This was pointed out by the user "ZeroHP" at Starmen.net.

ZeroHP said:
Take a look at the Fourside Sewers:

http://walkthrough.starmen.net/earthbound/image/screens/29/muck.png

Now check out this level in Subspace:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea06/modea06_070919c.jpg

Does that not look incredibly similar? It leads me to believe that Earthbound will be in Brawl at least somehow.

Also, those enemies resemble Smilin' Spheres:

http://www.videogamesprites.net/Earthbound/MapEnemies/Smilin' Sphere.gif

Am I just stretching it or do I have a point?
http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=38603

That's pretty interesting! I definitely see a resemblence.

dooky

Smash Cadet
You know, I just realised what the Poppant reminds me of. It looks like a cousin from Katamari Damacy.

Top Bottom