• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isn't Ness better in Brawl than in Melee?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Play Ness, no johns.
Agreed a thousand times over. I'm sick of threads popping up in most of the character boards everyday complaining about how hard the high tier characters are to beat... Suck it up and learn how to beat them. After almost two months, I'm finally able to beat one of my friends who mains both Snake and Metaknight with Ness and Mario and it's oh so satisfying.

Masky

Smash Master
If high tier characters weren't hard to beat with low tier characters... wouldn't that just mean the tiers were wrong?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If high tier characters weren't hard to beat with low tier characters... wouldn't that just mean the tiers were wrong?
Of course but there are way too many people whining about it and switching to the high tiers when they lose one match/tournament with their favorite characters. What disgusts me is that so many people are trying to take the easy way out instead of taking the time to create new strategies with their characters and actually try to learn them inside and out.

Add in: Also, Ness definately isn't low tier. If you ask me, he'll be a middle of the road character (AKA Middle middle tier) this time around much like Mario.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Deathgrab is overrated. It's possible to escape almost any attack out of the death grab. IIRC, Ness canot be ftilted or fsmashed by Snake or Marth respectively.
There are 2 hopeless battles for Ness: Marth and Charizard. Marth is a problem, Charizard players are rare in tournies. If Marth is your opponent, choose a slopey stage, one that changes, or Norfair.

And Ademisk's bitter sweet flavor is something to embrace, not loathe.
Lol WTF did I just say?

But I agree. Play Ness.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I AM lovable.

And Marth isn't hopeless for Ness. You just have to space yourself right. DI as much as possible, press jump as soon as you break out, if the Marht tries REALLY hard to grab you all the time, take advantage of it, use jabs and tilts a LOT, he'll never be able to do ****.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
idk if it was mentioned, but aerial wise, ness was a lot better in melee. his fair attack, when combo'd twice in a row(jump fair->double jump fair, with every hit box hitting), will rack up their percentage to 40%-50% while in brawl its about %20, plus very hard to get every hit box to hit since it is way easier to DI out.
but in general I think he is better in brawl, i like the fact you can pkt more precisely xP.
Ken

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I AM lovable.
LIES!!!!

Also, it's possible Ness may become similar to melee pikachu. A pretty good character that just gets ***** by two characters (Marth, Sheik) so badly that he becomes unplayable.

Snake is def. a possibility for 1 of those 2. Still trying to figure out who else is bad for Ness though. Marth maybe?

Gaussis

Smash Ace
LIES!!!!

Also, it's possible Ness may become similar to melee pikachu. A pretty good character that just gets ***** by two characters (Marth, Sheik) so badly that he becomes unplayable.

Snake is def. a possibility for 1 of those 2. Still trying to figure out who else is bad for Ness though. Marth maybe?
Wait, if that was true, why was pika low tier? Anyway, it feels that Ness was improved from melee, but it also feels that he lost his melee style. Then again, that goes for a lot of characters.:laugh:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
thesage, Ness is not ***** hard by Snake for sure. There are definately other matchups to worry about than Snake. Like MK or Wolf. But lol at your first word in that post.

I highly disagree with Ness having nerfed aerial game. Fair is the only thing nerfed, but it's still godly. Bair feels just as good, uair buffed, dair buffed, nair buffed (well, nerfed power, but not much, but it's so much faster and versatile) and short hop was buffed since you can do two aerials in one hop.

Ness is a great character. I dunno why this topic is 4 pages long now. It's obvious the answer to the topic is yes.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Ness is a great character. I dunno why this topic is 4 pages long now. It's obvious the answer to the topic is yes.
The reason this is four pages long is bcuz there are so many things about ness that got better that it required more than one page to tell the OPer what is all better.

Gindler

Smash Champion
The main thing I noticed (and the reason i didn't like ness in melee), was ness's grab game went from almost nothing since he grabbed with his elbows, to being so useful with his lunge in the dash grab =P

PKT=way better, along with pkt2 uses

Pretty much the only nerf was his Fair (slightly), and his bat. So yeah much better.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I still laugh when people try to say "don't get grabbed".

Anyway, if you consider your secondary to be a transformation of Ness, he's faultless.

NESS TRAVELED TO THE POKEMON WORLD USING PSI TELEPORT! NESS BECAME A LUCARIO!

*imaginaaaaaaaation...*

Top Bottom