• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai vs Japan videos *now with Sossi vids*

Thino

Smash Master
Is it that you prefer playing with Japanese smashers or its just that you dont record matches against american players?
otherwise good matches

_kSo_

Smash Master
Or is it because they are better in general than most american players? i dunno the japanese sure do dominate in street fighter..

malva00

Smash Master
What are you talking about it's not like I go to Japan all the time. If you go you gotta record something.

Johnny doesn't wanna play. Cassidy already put up matches when he drove from Georgia to New Jersey. You got all those Park matches. Sensei has never talked about recording and I don't care I've seen him all the time though and you'd have some from that tourny but they weren't put up. Platinum Kirby couldn't find a working vcr in mexico city. SheerMadness didn't even play with n64 controller much before I got there. Tigerbombz still has a tape of when he first came and hasn't done anything with it. Lots of matches made from fighting moogle even some with kefit from washington long *** time ago.

Wtf are you guys talking about I'm just sharing some ****ing matches **** loool OMG

and i'm probably not going to record against quickman/cartman next week. quickman doesn't even have an n64 or something and cartman has never seen another human in his life

Thino

Smash Master
ok , so its just that they're not recorded/uploaded as the latest ive seen are Cassidy's and October Smashtality's

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the tapes of said videos are in the vault in Langley with the rest of the CIA secrets only to be released 50 years later...

malva00

Smash Master
It's not like I go all over the ****ing country all the time. This is not ssbm where you'll have lots of new matches all the time. Who am I going to play? darth at the end of july? we can record if he wants to. i tried going to jaime's place but he was too busy that summer and my mom said it's too dangerous there lOL i don't care but just saying.

whenever i go somewhere i ask in the smash server if anyone lives there. usually no response.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
my mom said it's too dangerous there lOL i don't care but just saying.
It sounds like your mom is part of M A S B, mothers against smash brothers. she's holding you down man!

Malva should get sponsored like those korean starcraft players, get a cool smash jumpsuit, and go on tour in an awesome shaggin wagon.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Wow... Kirby's even more broken in Japanese version with the stronger usmash (I think...) and a fthrow that sends you forward...

I'm digging the Ness matches. You rarely see Ness for some reason.

malva00

Smash Master
well it's easier to play at smashfests when it's 4 stock

they play 4 stock in free play and 5 stock in tournament

also cmasterchoe you don't know what you're talking about that has nothing to do with me not going to jaime's city in mexico.

Edit: put up new matches from the smashfest at Tsukuru's house

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Dachavu (I know for a fact i spelled that wrong) has been hitting me like crazy latly. I was about to tell malva to get some more matches XD

TY!

Sensei

Smash Lord
Hopefully somebody will record the ssb64 matches from the FC tournament. The cap is 64 people I think, so if every single match is recorded, thats a lot of ****ing matches. I doubt everything will be recorded. At least all the matches that Isai will play in should be recorded.

jayrico

Smash Apprentice
Nice vids. I love the fact that a variety of characters were used. I think most of characters in the game were played with the exception of yoshi. Any Sossy vids?

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
lol, if isai could come here anyday, i have someone who wants to fight him, and its pretty good, he wouldnt win but hey that will be amazing

ill watch the vids

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think the first DK match was a nice blend of comedy and...greenhouse of doom combos :laugh:

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Japanese people love their 4-stock Pupupu land matches. And also their broken Link up-tilt (5% stronger I know thanks malva lol) which matches Kirby's up-tilt.

_kSo_

Smash Master
hahahahaha pupupu land thats awesome i never get tired of hearing that

purin is also funny.
i think the japanese should play 5-stock. same with the melee community. but then again melee's a completely different game

malva00

Smash Master
wtf are you talking about Kso didn't you read my post I said they play 5 stock in tournament

edit: i put a few more matches up that i got

_kSo_

Smash Master
no, i did not. oops.

in any case, when are you coming back to jersey? u need to smash wit me, gerry, and joe. i can record matches if you want

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Isai, you never seem to use Samus' invincibility with her Up-B. Does that not exist in the Japanese version, or do people DI out of it, or do you just not use it?

I'm talking about pressing Up-B on the same frame you get hit. I abuse it to no end, but maybe the people I play against just don't know some secret counter and everyone else does.

Edit: Oh, and what are you doing when you seem to cancel Samus' dash by going through a platform? In reference to this one.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I think He uses the shield (Z) to cancel his dash. you can go through the platform only while standing or walking.

By canceling the dash with the shield he can quickly go throught the platform while running, well that's my guess, i was practicing to do something like that and that's how i got it xP.

1:10-1:13: malva quickly dash and cancels it with the shield so he can go through the platform pretty fast (and seems he's going through while running).

malva00

Smash Master
that's cuz i suck with samus. doesn't mean i never do it

there's no way it can be her saving grace since you can DI out of it easily and then kill samus. better to just not be in a position to have to use it unless ur just getting up or recovering. but easier to do when just getting up because that can be ur only option and people wait for it when ur recovering

CHUK

Smash Ace
Very nice matches. Must have been alot of fun. I am really bad at classic smash but I still like it, it must be a little annoying getting used to the different DI from one version to the next, maybe I am wrong. Anyways you are a positioning abuser to no end. Fun to watch, I wish I knew of more that I was talking about.

Top Bottom