• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
If Isaac were to not be in as a playable character, then I'd still get the game (I have it pre-ordered:p) but it would have been a wasted potential. I mean with all of the moveset possibilities (rivaled only by Megaman) not including Isaac is a missed opportunity.

But I have faith, because this is Sakurai. It's obvious Sakurai is trying his best to make this game the best that it can be, and for that Isaac is a MUST. Also as mentioned before many times in this thread and even again in this post, moveset possibilities. I personally believe part of the enjoyment in developing this game for Sakurai, is creatively making characters that would fun to play. And that is precisely what Isaac is, a creative character that would be fun to play.

Besides that, so far, Isaac has NOTHING against him being a PC, and alot going for him.

- Nintendo owns Isaac.

- Nintendo wants another GS which means they value it as a treasured series, which also means GS is getting in the game in SOME form.

- Multiple mentions by Sakurai.

- A cretive character that would be fun to play.

- I suppose you could add that the music composer for GS is working on the music for Brawl.

- Main protagonist of a popular series.

I believe he's going to be a PC, because he has as much going for him as say, Lucas, maybe even Ike.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If Isaac did get in, do you think he'd stand a chance against the top tier Fox? or even Sonic? OHH NO!!
What are you talking about?

I've heard that Fox was nerfed, and that Sonic really isn't that great.

Isaac for top tier!

Also Isaac should be Monday's update! Wouldn't that be a great way to start of December? It'd be the best. No questions asked. If he isn't Monday's update than he needs to be my birthday's update. (December the 26th.) That'd be a great birthday present from Sakurai :chuckle:, and it'd mean I was for sure getting a Wii.

Zorya

Smash Ace
What are you talking about?

I've heard that Fox was nerfed, and that Sonic really isn't that great.

Isaac for top tier!

Also Isaac should be Monday's update! Wouldn't that be a great way to start of December? It'd be the best. No questions asked. If he isn't Monday's update than he needs to be my birthday's update. (December the 26th.) That'd be a great birthday present from Sakurai :chuckle:, and it'd mean I was for sure getting a Wii.
Takamaru is already gonna be confirmed on Dec. 28, so I don't think Sakurai would update two characters within 72 hours of each other. Isaac should be updated on Dec. 4.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't believe you.

Whatever, I don't care Isaac when is updated. As long as it's in this month. Monday would be fantastic.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Rubydragon: It would be nice to know he's in, though wouldn't it? I don't want to have to wait until February 10th to know! -_-

Zorya: Whatever, I don't believe in "prophets".

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Takamaru is already gonna be confirmed on Dec. 28, so I don't think Sakurai would update two characters within 72 hours of each other. Isaac should be updated on Dec. 4.
I demand an explanation for this!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Proof of what? The only thing Zorya claimed was that Takamaru will be updated on December the 28th, not that Isaac will be updated on December the 4th, just that he should be.

Why December the 4th, BTW? That's a Tuesday? Why not just make him December the 3rd's update?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Darn that sneaky prophet!

I'd love to see him tomorrow. The dream I had where Isaac was playable was on a Monday, though I never knew which Monday... Time will only tell.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Wow this thread is becoming one to be reckoned with. With each passing character announcement I die a little inside but I must keep hope. Isaac for brawl!

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
The last two characters were naturally shoe-ins, so there's nothing to say about them.

We haven't had a character in a month or so.

If the icon theory presides, then Isaac does have a bit of a problem.

Let's hope that isn't the case.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The icon theory has already been disproved (the alphabetical part) because the DS icon does not fit at all.

Don't worry about that silly icon theory. The only thing that is true about it is it goes like this:

Super Smash Bros. 64 series -> Super Smash Bros. Melee series -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl series

Which does not deconfirm any character/series. It only pretty much confirms that the Game & Watch series is coming back.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Takamaru confirmed? lol

How do you know, NAStradamous?

Isaac is hard to picture for me, he'd have to pull out a book a million times.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Wtf? Golden sun characters don't read. Why else would they accept to save the world o.O

You must be confused with another game.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Uhh guys I think he was joking about the Takamaru thing, I wouldn't go crazy about it.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
The icon theory has already been disproved (the alphabetical part) because the DS icon does not fit at all.

Don't worry about that silly icon theory. The only thing that is true about it is it goes like this:

Super Smash Bros. 64 series -> Super Smash Bros. Melee series -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl series

Which does not deconfirm any character/series. It only pretty much confirms that the Game & Watch series is coming back.
Plus, for all we know the Icon theory is only for series that will be revealed through the Dojo. Honestly, if they're not planning to unveil a series before the game's release, why would it have been part of this theory?

Anyways, I don't think Isaac will be tomorrow, but as long as he's in the game once it comes out, I'm happy. He seems like the unlockable sort to me. Here's to hoping I'm wrong on both those counts...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Isaac is hard to picture for me, he'd have to pull out a book a million times.
:confused: What are you talking about? What does Isaac have to do with any book?

Wait, you're not under the impression that psynergy works via spellbooks like magic does in some games, are you? Because thats not the case. Half of the word psynergy comes from the word "psychic," and its psychic powers that psynergy is based off of. They're simple mental exertions to control the elements, nothing external required.

Zevox

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You know for some reason i think that if isaac is in brawl he will be secret character not one to be announced.
I'm sick of hearing about how unlockables will not be shown. Sakurai has stated that third party characters are going to be unlockable, and TWO of them have been shown on the Dojo. Besides the starting roster can't be that big. A ton of characters have been revealed on the Dojo, and I just can't believe that every single one of them is a starter.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Snake and Sonic were just shown for advertising reasons, I'm sure. If the game is going to have 40 characters, I expect around 20+ Starting characters, as there are usually less unlockable characters then there are starting.

I also see Isaac as a secret character, I don't know why...

EPX2

Smash Ace
Besides the starting roster can't be that big. A ton of characters have been revealed on the Dojo, and I just can't believe that every single one of them is a starter.
Huh? Why can't it be that big? If there are ~40 characters, 25 or so starters with ~15 unlockables seems like a pretty good balance.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Why? It was an interview from a magazine, I think.

I'm pretty sure the message is quite exaggerated, but I'm sure it's true somewhat.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Adding characters in in a two month delay?

That's laughable. It's a fake. The two month delay is just to fix glitches, nothing special. Still I'm hoping for a decent sized roster.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know about that... It's always better to be optimistic, isn't it? :p
No, not at all.

It's always better to be pessimistic and be surprised. Being optimistic and being disappointed is no fun. (let me note that always happens when I'm optimistic about anything.)

Top Bottom