• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Just watched the video. Did anyone else notice the K. Rool theme at the end?

Edit: never mind, I was listening and heard the song at the end and got confused.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What was the sword itself? Personally I don't care if they gave him the Sol Blade. Isaac doesn't need a "legendary" blade or anything. Anyway, I'm waiting for the commentary version.

That's one of the things I noticed, they kinda made Isaac look like a "generic anime swordsman" But eh, if it generates more attention for Isaac, I can't complain.
This is kinda what I was worried about from the start. Oh well, they didn't capitalize on K. Rool's gadgets either. At least we've got a good render now.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
What was the sword itself? Personally I don't care if they gave him the Sol Blade. Isaac doesn't need a "legendary" blade or anything. Anyway, I'm waiting for the commentary version.

This is kinda what I was worried about from the start. Oh well, they didn't capitalize on K. Rool's gadgets either. At least we've got a good render now.
It just looks like a regular sword to me.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It is finally here!!!!

Although I would have loved it even more if Flint was floating by his side or sitting on his sleeve/shoulder or something.

Still definitely worth the wait :D

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
It is finally here!!!!

Although I would have loved it even more if Flint was floating by his side or sitting on his sleeve/shoulder or something.
To be fair, I know first hand that modelling takes months, if not years to do properly. The guys probably had their hands full just making Isaac to begin with, and had no time for other items like Flint, rocks, etc. Its not like they can just make a cube shaped rock and stick it next to Isaac. That would look low effort and probably make people upset.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
To be fair, I know first hand that modelling takes months, if not years to do properly. The guys probably had their hands full just making Isaac to begin with, and had no time for other items like Flint, Rocks, etc. Its not like they can just make a cube shaped rock and stick it next to Isaac.
Yea I definitely realize that.

Just saying it would have showed some of his uniqueness more.

Plus no cooler looking sword -_-

I still really like it though so not being critical here.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
It is finally here!!!!

Still definitely worth the wait :D
Isaac looks awesome! Shame they couldn't add anything else to it. Oh well, I'm making him my profile picture anyway. Definitely worth the wait.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, really loving this, especially Retro Specter's music. I'm curious how their commentary is going to turn out lol.

EDIT: I did guess correctly that he'd have his left hand forward.

Last edited:

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
I think Issac's smashified render looks the closest to an actual smash render. Probably due to it being a 3D model being rendered.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Issac's smashified render looks the closest to an actual smash render. Probably due to it being a 3D model being rendered.
Agreed. I loved the K. Rool render, but it did seem a bit lacking. I would've prefer a more Rare design (though the design they did is great; its Paon, but far more detailed than the Paon design).

I again reiterate: I LOVE how they went with a generic sword. Not everyone will agree with this, but think about it. Isaac isn't a wielder of some sort of legendary blade. Look at Robin: his main feature is having a variety of magic tomes and a few sword attacks. His Levin Sword is a more powerful sword, but its not a legendary weapon or anything like that, and his default is just a Bronze Sword.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Isaac looks amazing. Definitely worth the wait.

I wish he didn't look so angry though.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I feel like he needs more hair coming from the bottom of his head. It looks a little odd to me as it is now.
Other than that, I think it's perfect.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Something about the face looks slightly off to me. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect.

littl-myth

Smash Rookie
Really enjoyed the music and video. But the surprise ending before the credits though. (Still awesome)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I also did another version that fixes his eyes, since they look off:

isaacfix.png

I don't know if it makes a difference for most people though.
They're rotated and recoloured.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I think they purposely made the eyes bigger to make him look different from Fire Emblem characters.
Sure, he looks more "anime".

The final scene is great, the music is greaaaat. I enjoy a lot how they made the leather: It looks hand made. The scarf too looks hand made. He doesn't look modern and I personally think that's exactly how he should be.

ED Cantu

Smash Rookie
Finally! it looks great except for the face which looks weird, but with Kenith and Shin's fixes to the eyes and hair Isaac looks better.
Now lets hope this help to get some more votes.

Top Bottom