• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Now we all know what Isaac's voice sounds like. He's 17 and his voice is that high, that's a little weird.
That's common in these kinds of things, though. Should Isaac become playable I think he'd have an older (and male) actor protray him.

Calane

Smash Ace
I honestly don't like Isaac's voice in Brawl. I'm not even sure why, it just didn't...fit with the character that well in my opinion. I feel the same about Lyn's voice as well. I hope he gets a different voice if he does indeed become playable.

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
I imagine when Isaac becomes playable (hopefully!) that Isaac will be given more consideration for his voice and be given a more suited Voice Actor for him. And will of course have more sounds. (maybe)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It just occurred to me but assuming Isaac's b move is him using "Move", we'll probably get a voice clip of Kirby shouting "Move".

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want Isaac to have a Scottish accent.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anything but English/British please. I want as little similarities between him and Shulk as possible. I couldn't stand the whole "Shulk got in so Isaac isn't" arguments back in pre-release speculation. Scottish is nice, American is cool. I'd take anything over English...

Edit: No offense to Brits. Seriously, British accents are hot but I'd rather not have two blonde haired RPG characters having the same accent when they are totally different in character.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
As long as we don't get another Japanese girl voicing Isaac (seriously, I hate his Brawl AV). American or Scottish seems fine to me.

Last edited:

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
His Brawl voice didn't even remotely resemble the Camelot noises Isaac had. As long as it is as deep as the Camelot murmurs he had, I could care less about accent.

Random, but playing Golden Sun with walk through walls enabled is always fun.
http://m.imgur.com/7l13FS1

Anything but English/British please. I want as little similarities between him and Shulk as possible. I couldn't stand the whole "Shulk got in so Isaac isn't" arguments back in pre-release speculation. Scottish is nice, American is cool. I'd take anything over English...

Edit: No offense to Brits. Seriously, British accents are hot but I'd rather not have two blonde haired RPG characters having the same accent when they are totally different in character.
After seeing the kind of arguments people bring up, the whole Shulk v. Isaac thing might even devolve into England v. Scotland. I still don't get why people think we can't have both. :laugh:

Though I like the idea of a Scottish accent. It'd provide some variety in the voice cast and it could fit him well if done right!

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I like the idea of an Aussie accent. That seems cool.

I want Isaac's trenchcoat. Seriously why are trenchcoats so cool in video games.
Trenchcoats only works if you have a manly face and if you are ripped/atleast thoroughly fit

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be honest I feel like Isaac should have an Irish accent....but not a strong one people outside Ireland can't understand.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
If its Beared Isaac, I think he should have Snake's voice. I dunno, just seems fitting.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well looking at the geography of Weyard, which is pretty much a flat Earth, Vale lies in a region which is pretty much Europe.

Hence it would make sense for him to NOT have an American accent. Sure if making him have a British accent is objectionable then you can choose any other European accent :p

I am with suggestions like Scottish and Irish. Any else? Although there is a high probability that they would just pick an American accent when he gets in Smash :facepalm:

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Well looking at the geography of Weyard, which is pretty much a flat Earth, Vale lies in a region which is pretty much Europe.

Hence it would make sense for him to NOT have an American accent. Sure if making him have a British accent is objectionable then you can choose any other European accent :p

I am with suggestions like Scottish and Irish. Any else? Although there is a high probability that they would just pick an American accent when he gets in Smash :facepalm:
Yeah, it can't be an American accent as the US lies in what is Hesperia. Angara is Eurasia (I think) and telling from how west Vale is, that leaves the most likely canidates for accent being anywhere in Great Britan. I'd rather have an accent from there then from another country where English isn't the native language.
As much as I like the Camelot noises, it would've been cool to travel through all the continents of Weyard and hear what the different people from each region sound like.
Also, Welsh accent anyone?

I HAVE to resubmit my Smash ballot vote now considering that I want an accent for Isaac. It wouldn't make sense for his accent to be American.

Last edited:
I like the idea of an Aussie accent. That seems cool.

I want Isaac's trenchcoat. Seriously why are trenchcoats so cool in video games.
Whenever I get a chance to wear a trench coat in a video game, I go for it. :p

What about a Welsh one?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only reason Shulk wound up with a British accent was because of NoA's lack of faith in the game so as to not invest in new VAs.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice

If we're going by that logic then all the werewolves in Garoh would have Aussie accents, being next to Ayer's Air's Rock and all

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just give him an American voice really. A European voice would sound a bit weird for him IMO.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm down for an Australian accent. That's probably my favorite option so far.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Yeah an Aussie accent would be cool, especially because there aren't many in video games.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Surprised to see Rayman polling better than Isaac. Hopefully we end up getting Wolf as pre-ballot DLC or several means more than 2, because King K. Rool and Wolf's popularity scares me, especially since we are so close to top 2.
Again, it varies from poll to poll. The fact remains that Isaac is still one of the highest polling Nintendo characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can barely make out one accent from another, so the accent talk always flies over my head. Maybe I should try to listen more closely...

:231:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqjrDud_stA

Isaac is #5 on Loves Smash's fan requests.
That's not bad. As far as Nintendo characters go, he's only behind K. Rool (and possibly Wolf as well, but I'm still nearly positive Wolf was chosen pre-ballot) which is pretty much wehre he always stands.

Well, they must have one person with an awesome accent on their list of VAs, right?
Whose list? I think if Isaac made it into Smash he'd have an American accent just because that's almost always what happens in the typical situation, but I do agree an accent from the UK would fit him much better.

Top Bottom