• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Here guys found this on twitter.
I keep seeing that purple-haired girl everywhere, but I have absolutely no clue who she is, or what game she's from.

Anyhow, if I were to pick four from that list, it would have to be Isaac, K.Rool, Bayonetta, and the Ice Climbers, since I think they would be the most unique, in terms of playstyle. I could see the Ice Climbers returning, if they managed to make them work on the New 3DS.

The ones on that list whom I wouldn't be surprised if they returned are Wolf and Roy.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
That purple-haired girl is Shantae.
  • _Sheik
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • Amberloo
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • BandannaWaddleDee
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Browny
  • Buddy002
  • Bunny8093
  • Calane
  • CactusBlah
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CardStealer1
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Coaltergists
  • Crap-Zapper
  • cybersai
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Dezeray112
  • Dhragen
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • DJ3DS
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • ED Cantu
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • Flareon
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • heylodom
  • hwrdjacob
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • IvanQuote
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • JohnnySparkxs
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • KirbyDragon
  • Kisae
  • Kokirikory
  • Koori
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LaniusShrike
  • LasermasterA
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Linq
  • Lone (Thirteenth)
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mikegamer0608
  • Mishudo
  • MonopolyRubix
  • MorbidAltruism
  • Moydow
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • ParanoidDrone
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Radical Beam
  • Radori
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RegiGygas117
  • Retro gamer
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Roger Smith
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • SanicJan
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • Shog
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • Smash_Handle69
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • SmilingMad
  • Solfiner
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spatman
  • Spazzy_D
  • Spootondorf
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • StrikeBlade
  • SuperBrawler
  • Supersmash777
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • Thekewlusername
  • T-Hell
  • TheRealHeroOfWinds
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • walph
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • WhiteEaglePL
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZarroTsu
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar
Updated

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Shovel Knight has a lot of flaws i guess but Bayonetta is an alright character and Roy can be made with a different move set?
Considering they can't even give Ganondorf a unique moveset, you can pretty much count that idea out.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Considering they can't even give Ganondorf a unique moveset, you can pretty much count that idea out.
This. For Sakurai it is necessary to be faithful to the canon HE gave his characters in Smash games.
Roy is Melee's Roy, for Sakurai. He could make slight variations ("Luigification), but not more than this

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just wondering: is Golden Sun really... dead?

The reception towards Dark Dawn was rather negative by the fanbase and it didn't sell well, making it a franchise killer.

Well either way, Isaac being in could trigger a revival.
4-5 years is a little too soon make that call, when there was an even bigger gap between the first two and Dark Dawn.

:231:

Calane

Smash Ace
What I don't get is why people want Bayonetta... I mean, just why? I have nothing against the games and all that, I just don't see her fitting in with Nintendo's all-stars. She doesn't even have a long history with Nintendo either. And really, rather people want him or not, Bomberman has got to be the most deserving 3rd party character. He fits, makes perfect sense, and has a really long history on Nintendo systems. But let me get off of this subject. As long as I get Isaac, I'll be happy. Even if really weird/stupid characters make it in as well.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
What I don't get is why people want Bayonetta... I mean, just why? I have nothing against the games and all that, I just don't see her fitting in with Nintendo's all-stars. She doesn't even have a long history with Nintendo either. And really, rather people want him or not, Bomberman has got to be the most deserving 3rd party character. He fits, makes perfect sense, and has a really long history on Nintendo systems. But let me get off of this subject. As long as I get Isaac, I'll be happy. Even if really weird/stupid characters make it in as well.
Personally, mine selection from that list was strictly un-biased. The reason I picked Bayonetta is because, given the many powers she has in her respective games, she has loads of potential for a totally unique playstyle. That said, however, I don't have much expectation for her inclusion, due to her being third-party.

And I do have to agree about Bomberman. He does have a pretty long history with Nintendo, and is a very iconic videogame mascot. Though, I don't know what he would do besides throw a bunch of explosives around. Perhaps they could incorporate the Elemental Bombs, his sidekick Pommy, or that kangaroo whose name I forget. At the very least, I could see Bomberman being a trap-based character like Robin, since that's pretty much what the classic Bomberman games were all about; chasing, baiting, and trapping.

Calane

Smash Ace
Personally, mine selection from that list was strictly un-biased. The reason I picked Bayonetta is because, given the many powers she has in her respective games, she has loads of potential for a totally unique playstyle. That said, however, I don't have much expectation for her inclusion, due to her being third-party.

And I do have to agree about Bomberman. He does have a pretty long history with Nintendo, and is a very iconic videogame mascot. Though, I don't know what he would do besides throw a bunch of explosives around. Perhaps they could incorporate the Elemental Bombs, his sidekick Pommy, or that kangaroo whose name I forget. At the very least, I could see Bomberman being a trap-based character like Robin, since that's pretty much what the classic Bomberman games were all about; chasing, baiting, and trapping.
Oh, I wasn't really talking about you specifically, but just people In general. I've seen plenty of support for Bayonetta around the internet and I just wondered why someone would support her. I can see how she'd be unique, I just don't think she fits. But who knows. As for what they could do with Bomberman, they could have him drop bombs on the floor as you run (like Generation), have his down B switch his bomb element (wind, electric, water, shadow, etc) each with different effects, use the bomb kick attack, hold bombs to create big bombs (like 64 and other games), use the transformations from Bomberman Hero (like the Bomber Copter, Bomber Jet, etc), I could go on. I don't want to go too far with Bomberman talk, as this is Isaac's thread. In any case, Isaac is the character I'm mostly pushing for, so if he makes it, I don't care who else gets in. There are other characters I'd like to see, but they're not very likely. My full support is behind Isaac.

Calane

Smash Ace
Bomberman's design is really awful :/
I actually quite like it. It's simple and memorable, lends itself well to many expressive actions and such. But seriously, let's stop talking about Bomberman. I don't want to derail the thread and get in trouble.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
That's...really good, actually. There are a hell of a lot of great eShop games, with popular classics like Super Mario Bros. 3, A Link to the Past, the Mega Man series, Super Metroid, and a lot more. Not to mention a lot of indie games as well. Glad to see Golden Sun doing so well. It probably hit 14th because I recently got it off Club Nintendo and I'm just that cool. :smirk:

Although, while I don't want to accuse Sakurai of being lazy (especially after giving us such a huge Smash game), I do think that he'd feel a lot more relieved to see that characters like Roy and Wolf are still popular, because those would be a hell of a lot easier to put into Smash 4 instead of characters like K.Rool, Shovel Knight, Isaac, etc. I know he hurt himself during development and probably didn't really want to do the whole DLC shebang (just look how much time has passed since he announced Mewtwo), so characters that are easier to make and that people still want is probably ideal for him. I'd like to think there's three reasons Roy can't come back, though. One, he's just not that important. He's a sword user that doesn't bring anything to the table. Two, he doesn't matter to his series. Marth is the first protagonist, Ike was important during the Gamecube/Wii era and is very different from your usual regal lord, and Robin and Lucina represent Awakening as the newest iteration and it pretty much saved the series- and Robin's unique enough that he's probably gonna stick to the roster of future games (and Lucina's my waifu, which Roy could never be). Even Lyn gets an assist trophy because she was the very first protagonist in the first FE game to go overseas. But Roy? He was just in Melee to promote an upcoming FE game. And pretty much nothing more. So what's my third thing? Who'd be the butt of Katie's Smash jokes in Awkward Zombie? :upsidedown:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
That's...really good, actually. There are a hell of a lot of great eShop games, with popular classics like Super Mario Bros. 3, A Link to the Past, the Mega Man series, Super Metroid, and a lot more. Not to mention a lot of indie games as well. Glad to see Golden Sun doing so well. It probably hit 14th because I recently got it off Club Nintendo and I'm just that cool. :smirk:

Although, while I don't want to accuse Sakurai of being lazy (especially after giving us such a huge Smash game), I do think that he'd feel a lot more relieved to see that characters like Roy and Wolf are still popular, because those would be a hell of a lot easier to put into Smash 4 instead of characters like K.Rool, Shovel Knight, Isaac, etc. I know he hurt himself during development and probably didn't really want to do the whole DLC shebang (just look how much time has passed since he announced Mewtwo), so characters that are easier to make and that people still want is probably ideal for him. I'd like to think there's three reasons Roy can't come back, though. One, he's just not that important. He's a sword user that doesn't bring anything to the table. Two, he doesn't matter to his series. Marth is the first protagonist, Ike was important during the Gamecube/Wii era and is very different from your usual regal lord, and Robin and Lucina represent Awakening as the newest iteration and it pretty much saved the series- and Robin's unique enough that he's probably gonna stick to the roster of future games (and Lucina's my waifu, which Roy could never be). Even Lyn gets an assist trophy because she was the very first protagonist in the first FE game to go overseas. But Roy? He was just in Melee to promote an upcoming FE game. And pretty much nothing more. So what's my third thing? Who'd be the butt of Katie's Smash jokes in Awkward Zombie? :upsidedown:
Although I said I wouldn' mind Roy, amen to your comment (specially the Awkward Zombie reference).

Speaking of Awkward Zombie, it would be awesome to see Katie make a comic about Isaac's appearance in Smash if he gets revealed (which we all hope).

Buddy002

Smash Cadet

You my friend, have perfectly summed up why Roy shouldn't be in. Even if he got a unique moveset (which he won't), he isn't A. A main protagonist/face of the FE series and B. Hasn't been in ANY recent games.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
No, please no, the third (semi)Marth no!
I understand there are Roy's fans, but at this moment he would be a waste of a precious dlc slot
This. No more marth clones, lord have mercy.

And about the e shop, when is the US going to get the lost age? Europe and Japan have it already...

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
This. No more marth clones, lord have mercy.

And about the e shop, when is the US going to get the lost age? Europe and Japan have it already...
That's what I'm wondering. The wait for the lost age is getting ridiculous. I wrote that long code down on paper months ago and I've been waiting forever to use it.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
You my friend, have perfectly summed up why Roy shouldn't be in. Even if he got a unique moveset (which he won't), he isn't A. A main protagonist/face of the FE series and B. Hasn't been in ANY recent games.
Worst case scenario, sakurai can just make Isaac a skin of Robin :)

If that happened tho I think I'd lose my sanity

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I would go to Sora HQ and let's just say it wouldn't be a pretty scene to watch...
To be honest if Isaac was a Robin clone with like a different Down B that's vaugely earth based or something-- I'd be a little upset? But like

HE'S IN THERE! WE DID IT! He's not quite what we wanted, and EVERYONE will sure to be upset about a ROBIN CLONE, but

ISAAC! IN HD! WITH THE NINTENDO CHARACTERS! PLAYABLE!

I'd still be hyped. Not AS hyped as if he was all unique, but if they did what they've done with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf where they are superficially similar but played quite differently I wouldn't complain.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is beside K.Rool the only newcomer I want to be Smash DLC. I'm begging for him since Brawl. He'd be so awesome... Add me to the supporters list please, we have to lead this guy into battle!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This. For Sakurai it is necessary to be faithful to the canon HE gave his characters in Smash games.
Roy is Melee's Roy, for Sakurai. He could make slight variations ("Luigification), but not more than this
*sigh* Makes me wish they had just waited to add Ganondorf until Brawl when they might have had time to actually give him his own moveset, instead of him just being an afterthought clone. =/

It just seems unfair that a character like him gets stuck with that clone moveset just to keep consistency within the SSB series. I know that's a discussion for another time and place, though.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* Makes me wish they had just waited to add Ganondorf until Brawl when they might have had time to actually give him his own moveset, instead of him just being an afterthought clone. =/

It just seems unfair that a character like him gets stuck with that clone moveset just to keep consistency within the SSB series. I know that's a discussion for another time and place, though.
Ganon and Falcon are supremely different and you can't tell me otherwise.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
She meant giving Ganondorf a moveset that fits the character instead of a cloned Falcn
Heavy, brutal, tactical and exudes raw power.

Chokes, slams, punishes mistakes and augments his physical strength with dark magic.

Yep, nothing about that fits the character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Chokes, slams, punishes mistakes and augments his physical strength with dark magic.

Allow me to correct my statement: Make him use the sodding stuff he's known for, like Death Man's Volley or a pointy object that is in no way related to his taunts

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
She meant giving Ganondorf a moveset that fits the character instead of a cloned Falcn
Ganondorf's moveset DOES fit his character.

He doesn't chase you. He waits for you to come to him. And when you do, he knows what you'll do and is one step ahead. He will hit you with overwhelming power. Every strike demands respect, and one false move and he WILL punish you. He WILL stomp you into the ground, and he WILL drag you down to the shadow realm.

And since his B moves have different animations than Falcon's, he feels different enough that I don't feel it makes him less unique.

Everyone is always talking about how he doesnt use his sword, and yet everyone complains about there being too many sword characters in the game, smh...

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice

But admit it's fun as hell. He should be able to at least wield his sword for his A moves though.
Although that custom neutral b that uses his sword is pretty much a guaranteed shield-breaker.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even with Bayonetta, Shovel Knight, and Roy?
Roy's my boy, Shovel Knight would be cool even though he doesn't really deserve to be in Smash, and I'd still take Bayo over Dark Pit. :p

What it boils down to is its going to take some pretty abysmal characters to not have me prefer a roster with Banjo, Isaac, and Inkling on it. Throw in Ridley, Roy, K. Rool and Shantae and forget about it.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Allow me to correct my statement: Make him use the sodding stuff he's known for, like Death Man's Volley or a pointy object that is in no way related to his taunts
Ganondorf fights with the Executioner's Blade in one game, and even then, it's only used in the last of four battles.

He fights with two swords in Wind Waker and Hyrule Warriors, and in the latter, most of his moves are either dark magic or physical strikes.

He also only uses Dead Man's Volley as Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time: in every other game he appears, it's the domain of one of his avatars or servants.

All ganon needs is a sword. tho
Warlock Blade.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ganondorf's moveset DOES fit his character.

He doesn't chase you. He waits for you to come to him. And when you do, he knows what you'll do and is one step ahead. He will hit you with overwhelming power. Every strike demands respect, and one false move and he WILL punish you. He WILL stomp you into the ground, and he WILL drag you down to the shadow realm.

And since his B moves have different animations than Falcon's, he feels different enough that I don't feel it makes him less unique.

Everyone is always talking about how he doesnt use his sword, and yet everyone complains about there being too many sword characters in the game, smh...
Ganondorf was only made playable in Melee because his body matched with Captain Falcon's body making it possible to make him a clone

Top Bottom