• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Dead Man's Volley is such a goddamn japanese name for an attack. I imagine it being in a Zelda anime and him just screaming it

デヂマンスヴオリ!!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Custom moves aint nubodeh got time fo tat
no seriously if he was a combination of ike and captain falcon i would marry him
Not really fair to criticise it if you're not even going to use the move, is it?

At any rate, this isn't the Ganondorf Whining / Defence Thread. Whatever about 'Dorf, I'm pretty sure Sakurai would have to go out of his way to make Isaac feel uninspired or derivative.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, according to this chart, Golden Sun is on 14° place of the most downloaded e-shop games of this week for now.

http://nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-eshop-charts-4815/
To be fair, it is up on Club Nintendo for 200 coins, that's probably part of its ranking.

Then again, many games are being offered for free now to Platinum and Gold members, and GS isn't one of them, so at least it's sort of holding its own.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf was only made playable in Melee because his body matched with Captain Falcon's body making it possible to make him a clone
Wrong. He was made THAT WAY because it was easy for him to fit on Falcon's skeleton, but that doesn't mean his playstyle wouldn't have been extremely similar.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wrong. He was made THAT WAY because it was easy for him to fit on Falcon's skeleton, but that doesn't mean his playstyle wouldn't have been extremely similar.
That's basically what's being said.

And it's pretty unlikely if he was added in Brawl Sakurai still would've made him a clone considering he's always going on about valuing and looking for "what sets characters apart".

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
That's how the clones were done. It's not like how Ganondorf fights in LOZ, that's the complaint people have about him
I don't understand what you want from him then.

What, you want him to shoot big chargable orbs and teleport?

Can't think of any characters who do THAT. :4miigun::4samus::4mewtwo::4lucario::4palutena::4sheik::4zelda::4metaknight:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I actually love playing as Falcondorf but I want to see him be more accurate to the games he's in
Eh, I really think he's fine how he is.

I mean, like

They way Project M has done him is cool, since he can float and reflect with his cape. I wouldn't hate if they made those changes.

But I don't really CARE that much. I think he's serviceable how he is.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't understand what you want from him then.

What, you want him to shoot big chargable orbs and teleport?

Can't think of any characters who do THAT. :4miigun::4samus::4mewtwo::4lucario::4palutena::4sheik::4zelda::4metaknight:
Ganondorf confirmed for Mewtwo clone. Now he can join the ranks of Lucario and Greninja.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
To be fair, it is up on Club Nintendo for 200 coins, that's probably part of its ranking.

Then again, many games are being offered for free now to Platinum and Gold members, and GS isn't one of them, so at least it's sort of holding its own.
Don't forget as well that there are plenty of other games on Club Nintendo too. Like Paper Mario. So it's still pretty impressive that Golden Sun can remain so high up the list.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget as well that there are plenty of other games on Club Nintendo too. Like Paper Mario. So it's still pretty impressive that Golden Sun can remain so high up the list.
Hmm... Conversely, where are the DKC games

Nintendo may choose based on how the game in question has been selling... If Golden Sun is still above DKC that's another way we can support Isaac.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Conversely, where are the DKC games

Nintendo may choose based on how the game in question has been selling... If Golden Sun is still above DKC that's another way we can support Isaac.
They're on there currently... Or did I miss something...
Isaac was my first vote (<-- to make it relevant)

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
It is still a beloved series; you'd think it wasn't so much so because Nintendo somewhat refuses to acknowledge the fanbase, but if there's one thing this ballot has taught me is that the fanbase is there, and it's pretty huge

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I made this. It's kinda embarrassing posting it because I only took some stuff and put it together but it's an idea that randomly popped into my head the other day.

I'm not gonna win any awards for banner making. :b: I downloaded a special font for the "Vote Isaac" part. It's called "Franchise" and I think it really pops.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I made this. It's kinda embarrassing posting it because I only took some stuff and put it together but it's an idea that randomly popped into my head the other day.

I'm not gonna win any awards for banner making. :b: I downloaded a special font for the "Vote Isaac" part. It's called "Franchise" and I think it really pops.
Now I'll never be able to unsee that (not near exact, but close enough) similarity between Gary and Isaac's hair. lol

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Not gonna lie, that makes me want to go back and watch old Pokemon episodes more than vote for Isaac. xD

Did make me laugh tho~

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

This is glorious and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In response to the Ganondorf discussion, if Ganondorf wielded a weapon in Smash, I'd want it to be his trident from Zelda: Link to the Past. That alone would have made him completely unique, in terms of moveset.

[EDIT] But to get back on topic...wouldn't it be cool if the Trident of Ankohl from GS2 was an item in Smash? It could function similarly to Daybreak and the Dragoon, in that you have to collect all three pieces in order to use it.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880

Haha, Isaac's a womanizer, guess who won't like this?

Isaac could be a Gym leader with a team of 6 Ground type Pokémon! Imagine a cross-over between Golden Sun and Pokémon. Adepts teamworking with their Pokémon in battles... I'd pay so much to play this.
Though, let's begin by getting him in Smash, then we'll conquer the rest of the video game world. :grin:

In response to the Ganondorf discussion, if Ganondorf wielded a weapon in Smash, I'd want it to be his trident from Zelda: Link to the Past. That alone would have made him completely unique, in terms of moveset.

[EDIT] But to get back on topic...wouldn't it be cool if the Trident of Ankohl from GS2 was an item in Smash? It could function similarly to Daybreak and the Dragoon, in that you have to collect all three pieces in order to use it.
Great minds think alike, I had the same idea the other day on Reddit when giving possibilities for Golden Sun related items to add to Smash, so of course I'd be down for it! :p

Other cool items could be the unique class items, giving you the possibility to use one of their related Psynergies, or the usable items like Bramble Seed or Oil Drop.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Isaac could be a Gym leader with a team of 6 Ground type Pokémon! Imagine a cross-over between Golden Sun and Pokémon. Adepts teamworking with their Pokémon in battles... I'd pay so much to play this.
Though, let's begin by getting him in Smash, then we'll conquer the rest of the video game world. :grin:

Isaac's main team:
Venusaur
Steelix (rhymes with Felix:awesome:)
Tangrowth
Carnivine
Solrock
Lunatone

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this point, I'm almost sure that Wolf is a shoe-in (looking at you Starfox U). As for the rest, well, I believe the final showdown will probably be between Isaac and King K. Rool (I don't see Nintendo adding any more 3rd parties).
I don't think it will be "between" them, because it makes no sense. They'd probably start at least one character based on preliminary data. Odds are good we'd get both, not just one.

So, according to this chart, Golden Sun is on 14° place of the most downloaded e-shop games of this week for now.

http://nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-eshop-charts-4815/
I checked the past few weeks as well. Golden Sun has been shifting between 13-17 or so, but its been in the charts every time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So let's try to take off our bias glasses for a minute. Do you think there's any chance Isaac was not made an AT because he was planned for later on?

I think there is a chance, but I also think it's likelier this has just been a fortunate coincidence.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
After thinking about for a while, I think he could been removed in case Sakurai wanted to make him DLC, now that the ballot exists. Then again, like N3ON said, it may have just been a coincidence.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
So let's try to take off our bias glasses for a minute. Do you think there's any chance Isaac was not made an AT because he was planned for later on?

I think there is a chance, but I also think it's likelier this has just been a fortunate coincidence.
I feel that's the case, I mean, there was no reason to cut him and add a new GS soundtrack, however, they weren't sure if Isaac as a DLC would sell, which lead to this ballot, to see if he would indeed sell, with the bonus of seeing another highly request character.

If they indeed to cut GS, they would probably cut all GS content and not just the AT.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
[Shrugs] At any rate, I fancy we'll know by E3. If not E3, then October.
I figure we won't know some of the DLC until 2016.

I feel that's the case, I mean, there was no reason to cut him and add a new GS soundtrack, however, they weren't sure if Isaac as a DLC would sell, which lead to this ballot, to see if he would indeed sell, with the bonus of seeing another highly request character.

If they indeed to cut GS, they would probably cut all GS content and not just the AT.
Who knows, but let's hope.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Odds are they've already decided on a character or two to work on which may be teased at E3. I can't picture them sitting on their butts all day over in Japan until the ballot has ended.
But yeah, depending on how many characters they're going to add, we'll probably have to wait a long time before we know all of them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Great, Now I can't unhear the praise "Isaac Mother****ing Oak!". :troll:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I think there's a chance, but I think its far more likely that Isaac was planned to be playable and cut. And they didn't use his model as a trophy because it looked too much like he was a playable character at one point.

Odds are they've already decided on a character or two to work on which may be teased at E3. I can't picture them sitting on their butts all day over in Japan until the ballot has ended.
But yeah, depending on how many characters they're going to add, we'll probably have to wait a long time before we know all of them.
They wouldn't sit on their butts all day. Plus. its easier to balance multiple characters at once.

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
But to get back on topic...wouldn't it be cool if the Trident of Ankohl from GS2 was an item in Smash? It could function similarly to Daybreak and the Dragoon, in that you have to collect all three pieces in order to use it.
Well... I kinda did mention the Trident of Ankohl in my big post about potential Golden Sun DLC stages....
My idea is that you could get it, piece by piece, in a stage that tours the Eastern Sea, and it would be required in order to slay Poseidon, thus granting access to Lemuria, which would be the last location on the tour.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Someone should make an image like this with a possibile Isaac's moveset to convince people to vote for him
Would if I could...

I think there's a chance, but I think its far more likely that Isaac was planned to be playable and cut. And they didn't use his model as a trophy because it looked too much like he was a playable character at one point.
That certainly wouldn't surprise me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well... I kinda did mention the Trident of Ankohl in my big post about potential Golden Sun DLC stages....
My idea is that you could get it, piece by piece, in a stage that tours the Eastern Sea, and it would be required in order to slay Poseidon, thus granting access to Lemuria, which would be the last location on the tour.
I dislike the idea of another multi-part weapon. I'm sure there's better ideas from GS. Personally, I prefer the idea of Djinn as Mr. Saturn's that wander around and when attacked will use a level 1 summon.

As a stage gimmick that sounds cooler, actually.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880

That is something I've thought about for a while. I came to the conclusion that removing some of Brawl's ATs was a possibility, but also that there must have been a reason to remove them, because Sakurai wanted to have as many ATs as possible (at least that's what I understood from what he said in a Direct), and they were not the hardest things to port.

Isaac in particular was, with Little Mac, the most beloved Assist Trophy.
I believe that Little Mac was not supposed to be the only AT upgraded to a playable character, but they ran out of time.

Let's check out the other ATs that disappeared from Brawl to Smash 4: Drill Dozer, Excitebike, Barbara the Bat, Custom Robo, Mr. Resetti, Herilin (that padel), and Gray Fox.

At first, Gray Fox is simple to explain: Snake is not in the game anymore.
Then, there's Excitebike, Custom Robo that could have been considered for playable characters, they're decently popular (aren't they? Not too sure).
Drill Dozer and Barbara may have been considered too, because they could be original characters from unrepresented IPs.

Keep in mind that there must be a big list of characters who were cut, and they probably didn't have the same priority. Isaac would have been pretty high on that list.

Then, there's Mr. Resetti and Helirin. They were not really useful. Some can think Resetti was funny, but even me who like Animal Crossing a LOT, sighed when he appeared after two or three times). That may be a reason to cut them in Smash 4.

TL;DR: Different reasons for different ATs. I can be completely wrong about this, though.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That is something I've thought about for a while. I came to the conclusion that removing some of Brawl's ATs was a possibility, but also that there must have been a reason to remove them, because Sakurai wanted to have as many ATs as possible (at least that's what I understood from what he said in a Direct), and they were not the hardest things to port.

Isaac in particular was, with Little Mac, the most beloved Assist Trophy.
I believe that Little Mac was not supposed to be the only AT upgraded to a playable character, but they ran out of time.

Let's check out the other ATs that disappeared from Brawl to Smash 4: Drill Dozer, Excitebike, Barbara the Bat, Custom Robo, Mr. Resetti, Herilin (that padel), and Gray Fox.

At first, Gray Fox is simple to explain: Snake is not in the game anymore.
Then, there's Excitebike, Custom Robo that could have also been considered for playable characters.
Drill Dozer and Barbara may have been considered too, because they could be original characters from unrepresented IPs.

Keep in mind that there must be a big list of characters who were cut, and they probably didn't have the same priority. Isaac would have been pretty high on that list.

Then, there's Mr. Resetti and Helirin. They were not really useful. Some can think Resetti was funny, but even me who like Animal Crossing a LOT, sighed when he appeared after two or three times). That may be a reason to cut them in Smash 4.

TL;DR: Different reasons for different ATs. I can be completely wrong about this, though.
In the case of AT's, Isaac was a well-liked Assist Trophy, with no known problems on 3DS.

Excitebike and Custom Robo both could've had issues on the 3DS hardware, so they just decided to drop them. Drill Dozer and Barbara could've been cut because Drill Dozer was a one-off game and Barbara was from a smaller franchise and neither were that interesting. The only one I feel who could've feasibly been consider as playable is Isaac... I guess MAYBE Ray, too.

Resetti and Helirin were probably cut because Helirin was useless and people HATED Resetti.

Top Bottom