• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And most people I know voted for third party characters, *sigh*...

Also, should I be worried that Crash Bandicoot has more votes than Isaac?
Nah. Crash is a PlayStation icon that Activision own. And they wanted a ridiculously huge sum of money to have him and Spyro in PSASBR.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
And most people I know voted for third party characters, *sigh*...

Also, should I be worried that Crash Bandicoot has more votes than Isaac?
No. It's a third party, Playstation mascot. And that poll was completely unofficial.

It is curious.

On one end somebody might say that you're taking it too literally.....but they do say "Nintendo character". How else are you really supposed to take that?
Well, think also about what has repeatedly been said about third party characters. There has to be something special about them, a long history and place that justifies them in the game. They're not considered likely (with the exception of Snake).

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Ok, so just checked the official Portuguese Smash Bros facebook page and they clearly say Nintendo Character, then I started to read the comments.

"Snake, Rayman, Klonoa, Tails, Zero, Shovel Knight, Knuckles, Shadow, etc." The only ones I saw owned by Nintendo were Simon Belmont, Sukapon and Wonder Red.

But I'm positive that Isaac will be one of the most voted on the ballot.
No. It's a third party, Playstation mascot. And that poll was completely unofficial.
Of course it's unnoficial and many people voted on more than one character, so there were around 30/40 people voting there (including me).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well I think in terms of 3rd party characters the front runners are Snake, Rayman, Bayonetta (not super iconic but has been very closely tied to Nintendo recently) and maybe Banjo & Kazooie if that buzz about some guy from Xbox saying they'd be ok with having them in Smash.

A part of me wants to say Shovel Knight may also be in the running if he gets enough votes. I just have a funny feeling about him.

The thing is even if we do get a 3rd party dlc character I'm only expecting one. Sakurai is probably going to be extra harsh on 3rd parties. It'll be a total bloodbath.

@ JohnnySparkxs JohnnySparkxs Simon Belmont isn't owned by Nintendo. Konami own him.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
A part of me wants to say Shovel Knight may also be in the running if he gets enough votes. I just have a funny feeling about him.

The thing is even if we do get a 3rd party dlc character I'm only expecting one. Sakurai is probably going to be extra harsh on 3rd parties. It'll be a total bloodbath.

@ JohnnySparkxs JohnnySparkxs Simon Belmont isn't owned by Nintendo. Konami own him.
I really, really doubt the inclusion of recent indie titles. Shovel Knight may be a great game, but it's just one game, and a multiplatform one at that. There's no legacy, no history to the franchise. Sure, it'd be great for Yacht Club, it'd be fantastic exposure for them. But I don't see Nintendo letting in a newcomer from a third party just because of one great game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really, really doubt the inclusion of recent indie titles. Shovel Knight may be a great game, but it's just one game, and a multiplatform one at that. There's no legacy, no history to the franchise. Sure, it'd be great for Yacht Club, it'd be fantastic exposure for them. But I don't see Nintendo letting in a newcomer from a third party just because of one great game.
Yeah just because a character might get a lot of votes doesn't mean Sakurai is going to change his opinion on third-parties.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt third party characters will ever be considered for DLC.

Not counting Wolf, it seems either King K Rool or Dixie will be the two most likely characters to get in. However since there's bound to be at least 2-4 DLC characters I do think Isaac has the next best chance.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I seriously doubt third party characters will ever be considered for DLC.

Not counting Wolf, it seems either King K Rool or Dixie will be the two most likely characters to get in. However since there's bound to be at least 2-4 DLC characters I do think Isaac has the next best chance.
I think most of the DK fans are voting for K. Rool. The ability to only vote for one is going to massively cut into the support of those characters if the DK fans split their votes.

Which I think puts Isaac third in line. Wolf, K. Rool, then Isaac. Please, let that be far enough ahead...

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Ok, so there is no Isaac AT, however, there are two Golden Sun soundtracks... I feel that they wanted to include Isaac from the go, however, they weren't sure, so Nintendo probably made this ballot to see if Isaac is indeed popular and his inclusion will please most fans.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Even though I don't post much anymore happy to give Isaac one last shot with my vote if nothing else.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think most of the DK fans are voting for K. Rool. The ability to only vote for one is going to massively cut into the support of those characters if the DK fans split their votes.

Which I think puts Isaac third in line. Wolf, K. Rool, then Isaac. Please, let that be far enough ahead...
I suspect they're just going to discard the votes for Wolf since chances are he's already being developed. I guess that would only put K. Rool ahead of Isaac... at least in these circles.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I would give Nintendo my soul for an Isaac Amiibo.
Js.
A Roy one, too.

On the subject of third party characters, I do agree that I don't think any outside of Snake will have a very high chance of getting into Smash.
Besides, I would much rather see more Nintendo reps before more third parties. This is
Nintendo's fighting game, after all.... :Y

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I would give Nintendo my soul for an Isaac Amiibo.
Js.
A Roy one, too.

On the subject of third party characters, I do agree that I don't think any outside of Snake will have a very high chance of getting into Smash.
Besides, I would much rather see more Nintendo reps before more third parties. This is
Nintendo's fighting game, after all.... :Y
I agree, imo, Sonic, Megaman and Pacman are enough, even though I would like to see Lloyd Irving.

As for Isaac amiibo, I would definitely buy one (who in this thread wouldn't?) and it would be nice to have some Golden Sun related item.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I dunno about Bomberman, his support has pretty much died.

If this were Brawl times though yeah he'd stand a pretty good chance, he was up there with Mega Man back then.
Bomberman has a lot going for him, including (as I've said numerous times) being the only 3rd party character to have a game on every Nintendo console (including handhelds) prior to the start of his current video game generation. Unfortunately, his inclusion is hindered by being a Konami property. He has to go through Solid Snake and maybe even Simon Belmont to have a chance.

I think Isaac stands a fairly decent chance right now. He is likely to be top 5 in votes in the West, but I am not sure exactly how Japan is voting now. Also, I am still uncertain on why people think that voting multiple times on the same computer will result their votes being over written. The Japanese site merely states "one vote per person," but they could have easily instated an IP lock if they wished to enforce. I say vote as many times as you want, and if you are worried about "votes being overwritten" just make sure your last vote is for the person you want most.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
http://i.imgur.com/cmB6EUB.png

You might want to zoom in this pic, but it seems that Isaac is doing pretty well.

PS: They wrote Mathew... Just why?
Isaac's above Wolf? 0.0

That is good news indeed. Although people might be voting less for Wolf seeing that Lucas got in, Wolf has a much bigger chance without voting.

Edit: I just noticed (sleepy and all). Shovel Knight is at first!? :crazy: Sure he was Smashified by Hex but that's still a ton of votes.

Last edited:

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
I voted for a lot of different characters and Issac was one of them :D Hopefully he gets in as DLC :D (Though I want Lana and Tiki to be in Smash more though :p)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
kinda want a Felix costume to go with a potential Matthew one

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One thing to consider, too, is that they might count votes from Golden Sun in general towards Isaac, since getting a secondary character is extremely unlikely. It'd still be better to vote specifically for Isaac, of course, but regardless, any votes for Golden Sun show that the franchise is still popular, and pretty much everywhere I go, Isaac/GS is the most requested Nintendo character/franchise that's not playable in Smash already.

See, this is a GREAT point.

Here's something everyone voting for Shovel Knight is FORGETTING:

Shovel Knight hasn't been released in Japan.

Shovel Knight is being widely talked about in western circles. But in Japan, Shovel Knight will go flat, because it was -not- released in Japan, and probably will not be any time soon. That's a significant portion of its votes down the drain. Isaac will definitely get at least a few requests over there, and K. Rool is among the most popular newcomers in both regions (from Nintendo he'll be the biggest newcomer pretty much guaranteed, its not even close).

As for Dixie, no, she probably won't be higher than Isaac, because most of the DK fanbase is voting for K. Rool. Overall she probably has more popularity than Isaac, but until we get K. Rool, her votes will be drowned out by K. Rool's votes.

kinda want a Felix costume to go with a potential Matthew one
I'd love this, but I'm just content getting Isaac in the first place. ^^

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

I'm sorry for putting this here but could you guys help by voting for Shantae for Smash, and I already voted for Issac as my first choice can I ask you guys if its possible you can support her too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
****, I didn't even pay attention to that banner and didn't realize it said "Issac."

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
Before you do that, you might want to consider fixing the name first.
Not that big of a deal as most people would know who this banner is about anyway, but I feel Issac instead of Isaac would rustle way too many jimmies.
o-o Oh crap sorry, I'm crap at spelling most of the time XD Hang on let me edit it now

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Before you do that, you might want to consider fixing the name first.
Not that big of a deal as most people would know who this banner is about anyway, but I feel Issac instead of Isaac would rustle way too many jimmies.
Hmm, good point, I didn't notice it was misspelled either, I would try and fix it my self but I'm on mobile, so I can't. I'll wait until Villager's_Mewtwo is done editing it.

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
Done :D I still had the Isaac, Tiki and Lana banners I made up so It didn't take too long for me to edit them XD

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
Nah feel free to use the pic as much as you want :D I was hopping the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot banners I made would get spread around like that anyway :D

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Of course he has my vote :) I have to admit that I have some other characters I would love to see, but they're all either stage hazards or AT (Ridley & Ashley) :(

I voted Isaac because he is the most interesting character by far that currently isn't an AT or SH. Been wanting him for a long time (since Brawl) and I really hope he makes it :smash:

Accursed

Smash Journeyman

• Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Bunny8093
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Crap-Zapper
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • Kisae
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LasermasterA
  • LaniusShrike
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mishudo
  • MorbidAltruism
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Roger Smith
  • Radical Beam
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • _Sheik
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • Smash_Handle69
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spazzy_D
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • SuperBrawler
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • T-Hell
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • Thekewlusername
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Updated Support list.
*Victory dances*

I'm at the top!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
One thing to consider, too, is that they might count votes from Golden Sun in general towards Isaac, since getting a secondary character is extremely unlikely. It'd still be better to vote specifically for Isaac, of course, but regardless, any votes for Golden Sun show that the franchise is still popular, and pretty much everywhere I go, Isaac/GS is the most requested Nintendo character/franchise that's not playable in Smash already.

See, this is a GREAT point.

Here's something everyone voting for Shovel Knight is FORGETTING:

Shovel Knight hasn't been released in Japan.

Shovel Knight is being widely talked about in western circles. But in Japan, Shovel Knight will go flat, because it was -not- released in Japan, and probably will not be any time soon. That's a significant portion of its votes down the drain. Isaac will definitely get at least a few requests over there, and K. Rool is among the most popular newcomers in both regions (from Nintendo he'll be the biggest newcomer pretty much guaranteed, its not even close).

As for Dixie, no, she probably won't be higher than Isaac, because most of the DK fanbase is voting for K. Rool. Overall she probably has more popularity than Isaac, but until we get K. Rool, her votes will be drowned out by K. Rool's votes.

I'd love this, but I'm just content getting Isaac in the first place. ^^

Yep. Wolf pretty much has his chances in the bag, considering including him would little to no time at all.

King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Isaac are the ones that I believe have the biggest shot according to the poll votes. I would say the same about Snake, but Snake has to worry about Konami and whether or not Kojima still has the rights to him, if Kojima does then Snake has a better chance of getting in; otherwise, Snake will have to jump through hoops to meet the demands of Konami and Nintendo, but mostly Konami.

King K. Rool, I believe would be a fitting newcomer alongside Isaac, but both of them have one problem, they would need to have original movesets, meaning they would take longer. Patience is key when dealing with these kind of situations. We need to understand that making Dixie Kong would be easier since they can just use Diddy Kong's body as a template.

So, in a nutshell:

• King K. Rool - Biggest obstacle is if only one spot exists for Donkey Kong Country DLC space for Dixie Kong, plus his moveset would need to be original which means more work for the SSB4 development team. If we get him then we will need to wait until mid 2016 likely. One obvious advantage (I forgot to mention) is King K. Rool's world wide popularity and familiar face in the video game industry.

• Dixie Kong - Biggest obstacle is potentially going against King K. Rool if only one DKC DLC space is open. She has one trick up her sleeve that helps her in the long run, she shares the same body proportions as Diddy Kong, making developing her model already half way done.

• Wolf - Has the easiest time out of the group. He already has an existing model, existing moveset and with Lucas back his chances are higher than ever. Pretty much already in the works as we speak.

• Isaac - Has only to worry about Felix and his son Matthew as potential competitors for the Golden Sun spot. Considering his series already had trophies in Brawl, but everything except two songs have disappeared for the Golden Sun series. Having an original moveset and representing an old and beloved Nintendo franchise is Isaac's biggest points. If we get him then we can expect him sometime around mid 2016. Forgot to mention, one of our Earth Adept's biggest advantages is his popularity and being a familiar face amongst the Western Countries/Cities/Land Areas.

• Snake - Has the hardest chances among the others. Despite the fact that he was in Brawl and has an existing model and moveset to base things off of, our Metal Gear Hero has to perform a Circus act to get in. Konami, Nintendo, and Kojima (if Kojima has the rights) have to be pandered to, not including Sakurai, adding in the fact that DLC character inclusions may be limited does not bode well for this legendary soldier.

Last edited:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Used every potential IP address I had to vote for Isaac. The giant temptation of using the other votes for other characters was there but this is now or never for Isaac.

Here's to looking for his phenomenal smash rendered model :upsidedown:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I might try to come up with some sort of support banner for Isaac myself, though I don't currently have anything in mind.

Also the hashtag in the title has been changed for the sake of vote-related puns. ;D

Top Bottom