• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

A couple months is next year at this point.

I can understand the feeling of being frustrated and annoyed by having your hard work leaked to the public. However, to think that you can absolutely avoid leaks and get mad and throw out that hard work when it gets leaked is ludicrous. Its almost impossible to avoid leaks.
In today's day and age, that is true about leaks. However, throwing away hard work because of it not only is stupid (as discussed), but a detrement to a group of fans who have been wanting this to happen. A majority shouldn't be punished due to the actions of one person. Plus, it gives you bad PR, as I probably said.

Anyway, if Isaac is a fighter, I want him to use the sword as little as possible. In Golden Sun, just attacking is a small part of a battle plan, as there are Psynergy attacks, Djinn, summons, and even items that can be used to defeat foes. I also want this to happen so the "Oh, he's another swordsmen!" people can get a taste of how skilled he is without the sword.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In today's day and age, that is true about leaks. However, throwing away hard work because of it not only is stupid (as discussed), but a detrement to a group of fans who have been wanting this to happen. A majority shouldn't be punished due to the actions of one person. Plus, it gives you bad PR, as I probably said.

Anyway, if Isaac is a fighter, I want him to use the sword as little as possible. In Golden Sun, just attacking is a small part of a battle plan, as there are Psynergy attacks, Djinn, summons, and even items that can be used to defeat foes. I also want this to happen so the "Oh, he's another swordsmen!" people can get a taste of how skilled he is without the sword.
Funny thing is, Isaac's Assist Trophy didn't even use a sword, either. He had it on his back, but he never used it.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Funny thing is, Isaac's Assist Trophy didn't even use a sword, either. He had it on his back, but he never used it.
And it's funny because on the smash dojo it says "Isaac is an adept from the Golden Sun series who commands earth-based Psynergy. He carries a sword on his back but you won’t see him use it here.

Isaac has the ability Move, which has the ability to move objects. This time, that ability has been represented as a massive hand that pushes away anything in it’s path."

I think there is something very suspicious in this but I can explain it..

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman

Golden Sun characters are warriors, magicians and summoners at the same time. While Isaac can use many type of weapons, Swords are clearly his main type of weapon. An Isaac making little use of his sword skills would be a poor representation of the character, as Isaac is one of the few persons capable of wielding the legendary sword of Weyard, the Sol Blade.

Also, many Psynergies and Djinn make use of weapons.

For example Flint, wich is the main Venus Djinn, as he was the first to join Isaac's party, is in fact a Sword-Weapon attack.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm not sure how that's suspicious considering he never used his sword in Brawl and it has no real implication to his, so far, unexistant role in Smash 4. I'll agree that Isaac's sword should be as cosmetic as Ganondorf's if he ever becomes a playable character

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I'm not sure how that's suspicious considering he never used his sword in Brawl and it has no real implication to his, so far, unexistant role in Smash 4. I'll agree that Isaac's sword should be as cosmetic as Ganondorf's if he ever becomes a playable character
Idk I just think its suspicious to me even if this was written in '08, whatever. Now I personally wouldn't go as far as to having the sword be cosmetic. Now I actually want him to be like robin where it's bits of both sword and psynergy but still keep it behind his back like Shulk whenever he's not using it.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Nope, that would be like saying that Link's sword should be as cosmetic as Ganondorf's. As Link moveset can be composed by dozens of different weapons why would he use his sword?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Nope, that would be like saying that Link's sword should be as cosmetic as Ganondorf's. As Link moveset can be composed by dozens of different weapons why would he use his sword?
Link's sword actually has some story importance to the series, and is usually acquired before 95% of the game is completed. You could make an argument for Matthew to wield the Sol Edge like that, since it is a key as well as a just a weapon. Isaac literally finds it in a chest. There is no "legendary" quality to it, no lore, no story, nothing. It's just found in a chest in the final dungeon.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Like I said before, Isaac should use both his sword and his psyenergy, probably it should be in a ratio of 40% sword/ 60% psyenergy, not using the sword at all wouldn't feel like Isaac. The most basic attacks could be performed by his sword, while his Up and Down Smash should be Psyenergy, Flint (which requires a sword) for his Side Smash, all his Specials should be psyenergy, his Dash Attack should be the attack Isaac performs in the games and his Final Smash could be Judgement.

"A strong-willed Psynergy adept of the bloodline of an ancient race thought to have been lost with the downfall of civilization. He can manipulate earth-based forces and is also a highly skilled swordsman. He sets out to protect a lighthouse that can release the sealed powers of alchemy. In Smash Bros., he uses "Move" Psynergy, which creates an energy field that pushes foes away."

Here is SSBB Isaac's trophy description and there is a part where he is referred as a highly skilled swordsman, so that's why I think 40% of his attacks should consist in sword play while the remaining 60% should be Psyenergy. Also, his Grab could be the Psyenergy Grip, it will be a long range grab and unlike other grabs, instead of taking the target to Isaac, it could take Isaac to the target, as well as be used to grab to ledges.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Like I said before, Isaac should use both his sword and his psyenergy, probably it should be in a ratio of 40% sword/ 60% psyenergy, not using the sword at all wouldn't feel like Isaac. The most basic attacks could be performed by his sword, while his Up and Down Smash should be Psyenergy, Flint (which requires a sword) for his Side Smash, all his Specials should be psyenergy, his Dash Attack should be the attack Isaac performs in the games and his Final Smash could be Judgement.

"A strong-willed Psynergy adept of the bloodline of an ancient race thought to have been lost with the downfall of civilization. He can manipulate earth-based forces and is also a highly skilled swordsman. He sets out to protect a lighthouse that can release the sealed powers of alchemy. In Smash Bros., he uses "Move" Psynergy, which creates an energy field that pushes foes away."

Here is SSBB Isaac's trophy description and there is a part where he is referred as a highly skilled swordsman, so that's why I think 40% of his attacks should consist in sword play while the remaining 60% should be Psyenergy. Also, his Grab could be the Psyenergy Grip, it will be a long range grab and unlike other grabs, instead of taking the target to Isaac, it could take Isaac to the target, as well as be used to grab to ledges.
It will all eventually come down to if they're willing to work on him with a lot of effort or just make him more of a simple character. We might see what they're thinking when we finally know what Mewtwo's "maybe" improved move set(who knows). Assuming Isaac is in of course.(again, mewtwo is unlikely to come by himself considering the amount of one they're taking)

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Link's sword actually has some story importance to the series, and is usually acquired before 95% of the game is completed. You could make an argument for Matthew to wield the Sol Edge like that, since it is a key as well as a just a weapon. Isaac literally finds it in a chest. There is no "legendary" quality to it, no lore, no story, nothing. It's just found in a chest in the final dungeon.
Im not talking as the Sol Blade as the weapon that Isaac must use in smash (even if it is actually, the ultimate weapon of Golden Sun).Im just saying that Swords are important to Isaac, not a particular one.

Isaac is more than just a swordman.

But he is a swordman after all.

About the lore and story of Golden Sun, well. Personally, i think that Dark Dawn way to introduce the Sol Blade was forced.
In other hand, in The Lost Age, the Sol Blade appeared as something incredible. A mysterious sword, with unknown origin but an immense power, abandoned in what is left of a great and lost civilization for thousands of years.

Who or what created the sword and what was used for may will never be know.

And that is part of the enchant of Golden Sun

Golden Sun lore is not composed exclusively by things that appear in the game, it is composed as well by things that dont appear in the game. It is composed by the dozens of signs wich insinuate the existance of a sky, but never showing you any of that city.
The misteries and the white pages in Golden Sun is one of the things that makes the series great.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
But you're missing the fact that you can completely overlook the weapon and never acquire it. I know of several people who bypassed both it and the Gaia Blade when playing through, because they weren't the sort of person who gets every chest, especially at the end of the game when they wanted to just get to the end and finally beat the last boss.

Heck, most people won't equip swords on Isaac for the majority of the time. Weapon strength is fairly well distributed across the weapon types. Early on, you get a few good Light Blades, then you can switch to axes and maces and overlook swords entirely.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That would open up a lot of combo possibilities for Isaac and would definitely stand out. Great idea, that!

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun characters are warriors, magicians and summoners at the same time. While Isaac can use many type of weapons, Swords are clearly his main type of weapon. An Isaac making little use of his sword skills would be a poor representation of the character, as Isaac is one of the few persons capable of wielding the legendary sword of Weyard, the Sol Blade.

Also, many Psynergies and Djinn make use of weapons.

For example Flint, wich is the main Venus Djinn, as he was the first to join Isaac's party, is in fact a Sword-Weapon attack.
I agree with this. Isaac himself is a skilled swordsmen, and coupling with the ability to handle mythical weapons, puts him in a level by himself.

The problem is that in Super Smash Bros., you need to do things that differentiate yourself from the rest, lest you be called "generic". The game already has quite a few skilled swordsmen that are playable, so in Isaac's case, while he would be great at this, he also needs something that makes him unique from the rest, in particular as it is most likely he'll be the only playable character this franchise will ever get. This way, you can showcase casual gamers or people who aren't keen on the franchise just one avenue of gameplay you can do to defeat your opponents that makes you a special case.

That's why I'd like to see Isaac utilize Psynergy moves more than sword moves in his moveset.

EDIT: But I also want to make clear that i am perfectly fine with Project M Isaac utilizing more sword moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
No Trophy...
No Assist Trophy...
But Music...

Sakurai knows what Golden Sun is but has know idea who the characters are, it's obvious.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
What is this thread about now?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Someone can't tell when someone is joking...
Sorry about the misunderstanding if I caused any.

EDIT: So regarding Isaac being 'leaked' (is it safe to discuss this?) for the next Project M version, was it just his model or was it video footage?

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, I finally unlocked the Weyard CD just now as I'm typing this. I find it strange that that's all it says, "Weyard". Doesn't even show where it's from except if you go to Sounds. Even then there is not much info on it. Weird.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So, I finally unlocked the Weyard CD just now as I'm typing this. I find it strange that that's all it says, "Weyard". Doesn't even show where it's from except if you go to Sounds. Even then there is not much info on it. Weird.
Is "Weyard" the Overworld theme of Dark Dawn, just for clarification? Also, This might interest a few people, and credit goes to Sparky_Kitsune of Miiverse. Any thoughts?

Attachments

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Is "Weyard" the Overworld theme of Dark Dawn, just for clarification? Also, This might interest a few people, and credit goes to Sparky_Kitsune of Miiverse. Any thoughts?
Yea that empty area really looks off.

To me, it spoils the symmetry of character arrangement. There are characters from the left to the right with one big empty column.

It might indicate DLC. Thanks for the find :)

Edit:

Adding a picture of where the last 6 fighters belong, still leaving the empty space.

Screen.png

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

To me, it spoils the symmetry of character arrangement. There are characters from the left to the right with one big empty column.

No probs! Anything for a fellow Adept!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
looks

like there is ten more spots to fill it up, but it could be nothing as well
6 of those spaces are the last enemies of All-Star Mode for Wii U, Pac-Man:4pacman:, Little Mac:4littlemac:, Luigi:4luigi:, Mario:4mario:, Donkey Kong:4dk: and Mr. Game & Watch:4gaw:, and Mewtwo is on the way, that gives rise to at least three possibilities for spaces of DLC characters.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
6 of those spaces are the last enemies of All-Star Mode for Wii U, Pac-Man:4pacman:, Little Mac:4littlemac:, Luigi:4luigi:, Mario:4mario:, Donkey Kong:4dk: and Mr. Game & Watch:4gaw:, and Mewtwo is on the way, that gives rise to at least three possibilities for spaces of DLC characters.
Heck for perfect symmetry you could say it opens up a maximum of 15 possibilites :p

This does not include Mewtwo.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Now that I think of it, this game has no Golden Sun 1 representation, since the two tracks are a remix of Felix Battle Theme and Doom Dragon (Golden Sun 2) and the Overworld from Dark Dawn.

Could this be keys to the puzzle that might suggest that the last piece will be Golden Sun 1 representation in the form of playable Isaac. Maybe with Felix or Matthew as an alt.

KotS

Smash Rookie
I really see a DLC coming with Isaac, Lucas and Wolf.
And then all the potential newcomers like Krystal, K.Rool, Chorus Men or Medusa will be kept for Smash 5 with the IC returning.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Now that I think of it, this game has no Golden Sun 1 representation, since the two tracks are a remix of Felix Battle Theme and Doom Dragon (Golden Sun 2) and the Overworld from Dark Dawn.

Could this be keys to the puzzle that might suggest that the last piece will be Golden Sun 1 representation in the form of playable Isaac. Maybe with Felix or Matthew as an alt.
We can read this anyway we want.

The ones who don't support Isaac or the ones who don't really care will say we are grasping at straws.

That ain't stopping us though ;) It would be nice if these are keys of such a puzzle!

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

I agree. Felix and/or Matthew will work great as alts for Isaac, especially since they pretty much play exactly the same.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

Remember these as potential alts on the first page? I think i like the first one the best. But they would still need to add two more. Maybe like a Matthew alt.

I really see a DLC coming with Isaac, Lucas and Wolf.
And then all the potential newcomers like Krystal, K.Rool, Chorus Men or Medusa will be kept for Smash 5 with the IC returning.
Idk about having Krystal later because unless they make a new game with her, she will become less relevant. which is why they should've added her in brawl.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Remember these as potential alts on the first page? I think i like the first one the best. But they would still need to add two more. Maybe like a Matthew alt.

Idk about having Krystal later because unless they make a new game with her, she will become less relevant. which is why they should've added her in brawl.
Oh, yeah! I remember these from the OP! These were all good ideas for colors for Isaac! Still, you have a point, since Smash 4 now has 8 colors for everyone, (Technically, 16 colors for Little Mac, who ironically, was an AT in SSBB, before becoming playable in Smash overall.) Isaac could potentially have a Matthew alt.

KotS

Smash Rookie
A new Starfox is coming to Wii U, maybe she'll be in. And sometimes it's not just about relevance.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Edit:

Adding a picture of where the last 6 fighters belong, still leaving the empty space.

View attachment 31033
Hopefully it does indicate DLC and is not just a design choice.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Oh, yeah! I remember these from the OP! These were all good ideas for colors for Isaac! Still, you have a point, since Smash 4 now has 8 colors for everyone, (Technically, 16 colors for Little Mac, who ironically, was an AT in SSBB, before becoming playable in Smash overall.) Isaac could potentially have a Matthew alt.
Isaac at most will get 8 alts. Little mac only got 16 because 8 for normal-colored variants, and 8 for wireframe-textured variants. Me personally, (or most everyone on this thread) I think Isaac deserved to get the Little Mac treatment from the start. It still boggles my mind why he ONLY moved up from assist and no one else.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Isaac at most will get 8 alts. Little mac only got 16 because 8 for normal-colored variants, and 8 for wireframe-textured variants. Me personally, (or most everyone on this thread) I think Isaac deserved to get the Little Mac treatment from the start. It still boggles my mind why he ONLY moved up from assist and no one else.
No offense, but its because Mac is far more culturally relevant than Isaac and is iconic. Not to mention he and Duck Hunt are the two characters Sakurai added because of how popular they are in the west (and Mac had a recent, popular Wii game)

Golden Sun is a great game, but it's just not as important to Nintendo's history as Punch-Out. It was ones their biggest successes early on in the western market via the NES, Arcade Machines, and the SNES.

Don't get me wrong I want Isaac just as badly, but if any ONE character made the jump from AT Mac is the only logical choice.

Top Bottom