• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If they were smart they would release it the week Isaac hypothetically would get revealed for Smash.

But again I hope people don't start trying to make a connection between this VC release and Isaac in Smash. Like when GS1 came out on the VC, it likely won't have anything to do with GS content in Smash. It's just the VC.

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
I'm looking forward to celebrating the series' 13th anniversary on August 1st. So that would be nice to see TLA come out around that time.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well... this is pretty good news for Isaac. I was wondering when they were coming out with The Lost Age. Anyone think they might also put Dark Dawn up soon, too?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Very glad TLA is getting released on VC so soon. GS is remaining fresh in the minds of the people at Nintendo, hopefully...

This topic is currently the 5th most commented character thread on Smashboards, underneath Ridley, K Rool, Fire Emblem (in general) and Shulk.
Yeah, and the Shulk thread only surpassed us until after the Gematsu leak... bandwagon fans much? :p

Anyone think its possible since Isaac and Ness are both psychic they're going to be revealed together as somewhat rivals? Also, Earthbound, Earth Adept, etc. I think that's HIGHLY probable.
Yassssss!!! That would be perfection for me!

Ness is my main since forever and Isaac my most wanted newcomer since Brawl. :love:

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Very glad TLA is getting released on VC so soon. GS is remaining fresh in the minds of the people at Nintendo, hopefully...

Yeah, and the Shulk thread only surpassed us until after the Gematsu leak... bandwagon fans much? :p

Yassssss!!! That would be perfection for me!

Ness is my main since forever and Isaac my most wanted newcomer since Brawl. :love:
Would Ness be the best person to reveal alongside Isaac? I wouldn't mind really, just curious if that is the take of what most Isaac supporters think.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Would Ness be the best person to reveal alongside Isaac? I wouldn't mind really, just curious if that is the take of what most Isaac supporters think.
Personally I was thinking Sami since she'd probably be a cross-game clone of Snake and both are handheld-exclusive characters. For a veteran, Lucas might be a viable option, because Lucas is also a handheld-exclusive character.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I don't think he's necessarily the best choice, because Sakurai will make any trailer work regardless of who's in it.

But the slight similarity between Ness' powers and Isaac's psynergy makes for a nice parallel, and I think most of us want Ness to be revealed already, as we have no confirmed Earthbound rep yet.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Well technically C. Falcon was super randomly revealed with Lucina/Robin, so with that indication, it wouldn't have to be significant. But yes Ness and Lucas being both psychic users of elements, it would be phenomenal if one (or both) were revealed with a potential Isaac i would squeal

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Personally I was thinking Sami since she'd probably be a cross-game clone of Snake and both are handheld-exclusive characters. For a veteran, Lucas might be a viable option, because Lucas is also a handheld-exclusive character.
That would be nice honestly. The Blonde Trailer.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well technically C. Falcon was super randomly revealed with Lucina/Robin, so with that indication, it wouldn't have to be significant. But yes Ness and Lucas being both psychic users of elements, it would be phenomenal if one (or both) were revealed with a potential Isaac i would squeal
He wasn't super random, actually, it coincided with both the F-Zero X anniversary and a couple of Fire Emblem anniversaries. I could definitely see Ness or Lucas revealed alongside Isaac, though.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If anything, I hope Isaac's reveal trailer ends with a large group of Smash fighters surrounding him and charging at him, then Isaac, keeping a cool head, quickly summons Judgment. All the opponents around him look into the sky with awe and fear, then the winged knight shoots down on them. The last thing you see is a huge, bright, expanding explosion from far away. (Kind of like in the original Brawl trailer with Wario's atomic waft)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Maybe, maybe not.
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin was added as a Japanese download. I think Dark Dawn is highly likely later this year.

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman Ahh thanks for the clarification. With that said, is anyone aware of any veteran anniversaries appearing in August?
I believe there is a Mother anniversary THIS month. Yeah, July 27th is the anniversary of the series. The anniversary of Mother 2 (in Japan) is August 27th, two days after my birthday.

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Earthbound is also August for the anniversary if you remember the SNES. And from what I heard, Metroid's anniversary's there too.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin was added as a Japanese download. I think Dark Dawn is highly likely later this year.

I believe there is a Mother anniversary THIS month. Yeah, July 27th is the anniversary of the series. The anniversary of Mother 2 (in Japan) is August 27th, two days after my birthday.
Happy early Birthday!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lol, maybe we'll get an Isaac and Lucas reveal then? (Doubtful :p). Isaac would be a great birthday present (though K. Rool would be better for me).

Earthbound is also August for the anniversary if you remember the SNES. And from what I heard, Metroid's anniversary's there too.
The anniversary of Mother 2 (in Japan) is August 27th, two days after my birthday.
:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Yeah, since the DS virtual console is now a thing, we could have the GS trilogy on a single console (home console, no less) for the first time. That's pretty cool.

Ah, I'm still so happy that the Gematsu leak was essentialy destroyed... everything is possible. :awesome:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah, since the DS virtual console is now a thing, we could have the GS trilogy on a single console (home console, no less) for the first time. That's pretty cool.

Ah, I'm still so happy that the Gematsu leak was essentialy destroyed... everything is possible. :awesome:
I never trusted the Gematsu link, but I think the Internet has accepted that it is dead.

The newcomers that have the best chances now are:

• King K. Rool
  • Chorus Men/Boys
  • Shulk
  • Ridley
  • Isaac
  • Medusa
  • Krystal
  • Lip
  • Black Shadow

The ones with Underlines are those that are most people's radars (Isaac for us).

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I don't think the Chorus Men ever had much of a chance... I always thought they were almost a joke from the "leaker" to see how gullible people could be, or just something he put there to be unexpected. I always took them as a sign that the leak was, indeed, fake.

Granted, there's that Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run and I do think a RH representative would be fun, as I love the DS game... but I think many other choices would be of higher priority for Smash 4, including Isaac.

Who knows, though. That's the beauty of the leak being debunked. :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think the Chorus Men ever had much of a chance... I always thought they were almost a joke from the "leaker" to see how gullible people could be, or just something he put there to be unexpected. I always took them as a sign that the leak was, indeed, fake.

Granted, there's that Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run and I do think a RH representative would be fun, as I love the DS game... but I think many other choices would be of higher priority for Smash 4, including Isaac.

I think a Rhythm Heaven rep is possible, but not guaranteed in the least bit.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Being unreliable doesn't make it dead. Dead rumors should just be completely disregarded, and this leak should not be completely disregarded even if it's not entirely credible.

This isn't your typical black or white rumor that either is real or fake... this is a leak that has become outdated but still has proven accurate in the past, and still could prove to be accurate in the future. Just don't treat it as gospel, treat it as information that once was valid and might still be, even if it also might not be.
I'm still fully expecting Shulk and a RH character.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Well, the Sneaky Spirits that appear in Smash Run do work in their favor.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm still fully expecting Shulk and a RH character.
The leak is "dead" in the sense that people can no longer wring our necks with it and that it means nothing because, well, "anything can change." The fact is, nothing at all works in favor of the second leak except the Smash Run enemy, and that could be lucky. Palutena was already leaked, although the leak was proven fake it took a long time to disprove it, and Pokemon from X/Y was never a point in its favor and actually works against the leak.

There's not even any hint that Chrom was at one point considered playable. Robin's Final Smash works heavily against that, and if he had more development put into him, there's no reason they'd just cut him. If somehow the second leak was outdated, this guy must've stolen an early concept draft before the roster was finalized and before development began. That's really the only possible way the guy got such information. And if that's the case, we should be even MORE sketchy about the guy's information in the first place.

Sales numbers and lack of showing off all the Assist Trophies really help Isaac. Its the only thing that helps Isaac at this point, but if Shulk is being considered highly likely because his ONE game sold well, Isaac should be a shoe-in.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Also, it doesn't mean anything towards the possibility of Lucas being cut. If Chrom, a character who was "supposedly" planned, ended up not being playable for reasons other than time-constraints and technical issues, why should we use it as "evidence" that Lucas may get cut when it couldn't even get Chrom right?

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
After weeks of reading you guys from the shadows (since page 70 or something :p) I finally decided to sign up to support and have a nice chat about my -besides Shulk or any Xenoblade rep who's probably joining the Smash- only, and, thus, most wanted character for Smash 4: Isaac!

Even though he's not named like that in the version of the game I played, but who cares.
I hope we can all together share the glory when he's revealed, or console each other when he's deconfirmed, only time will tell!

(Sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm from Spain >_ < )

That being said, I hope that if those statements about a character getting cut and Lucina making it to the roster are true, the character that got cut was Chrom and not poor Isaac. Not in a malicious way, but it'd make sense since his model is highly detailed when you compare it with an assist trophy's.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
After weeks of reading you guys from the shadows (since page 70 or something :p) I finally decided to sign up to support and have a nice chat about my -besides Shulk or any Xenoblade rep who's probably joining the Smash- only, and, thus, most wanted character for Smash 4: Isaac!

Even though he's not named like that in the version of the game I played, but who cares.
I hope we can all together share the glory when he's revealed, or console each other when he's deconfirmed, only time will tell!

(Sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm from Spain >_ < )

That being said, I hope that if those statements about a character getting cut and Lucina making it to the roster are true, the character that got cut was Chrom and not poor Isaac. Not in a malicious way, but it'd make sense since his model is highly detailed when you compare it with an assist trophy's.
Don't worry, I doubt Isaac would be cut if he was ever seriously planned as it is not likely he would have technical issues or low priority going against him.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Just to clarify, that thing about a character being cut was not on Famitsu.

It was just some speculation the translator read on japanese message boards, IIRC.

Welcome!

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! :D

Don't worry, I doubt Isaac would be cut if he was ever seriously planned as it is not likely he would have technical issues or low priority going against him.
Yeah, that's what I believe, but you never know, and since us Isaac fans are destined to wait until the bitter end...
At least this is getting entertaining with all the speculation and parodies of the last reveal that have been crossing the internet lately :chuckle:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Also, it doesn't mean anything towards the possibility of Lucas being cut. If Chrom, a character who was "supposedly" planned, ended up not being playable for reasons other than time-constraints and technical issues, why should we use it as "evidence" that Lucas may get cut when it couldn't even get Chrom right?
I think Lucina proves there's literally no reason for anyone to be cut except Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake, I think everyone else + Mewtwo will be back now.

As for Isaac, again, SALES NUMBERS. If Shulk is considered HIGHLY likely with only one game and about half the sales of the first two Golden Sun games each, and barely more sales than Dark Dawn (assuming VGChartz is at least somewhat accurate), I again think Isaac should be considered a shoe-in.

Not that I think Isaac IS a shoe-in, Chrom proved that. I just once again think Isaac is more likely than Shulk and that both will make it in.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
He wasn't super random, actually, it coincided with both the F-Zero X anniversary and a couple of Fire Emblem anniversaries. I could definitely see Ness or Lucas revealed alongside Isaac, though.
Does Earthbound and Golden Sun share the same month for an anniversary? I'll have to go check....

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I think Lucina proves there's literally no reason for anyone to be cut except Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake, I think everyone else + Mewtwo will be back now.

As for Isaac, again, SALES NUMBERS. If Shulk is considered HIGHLY likely with only one game and about half the sales of the first two Golden Sun games each, and barely more sales than Dark Dawn (assuming VGChartz is at least somewhat accurate), I again think Isaac should be considered a shoe-in.

Not that I think Isaac IS a shoe-in, Chrom proved that. I just once again think Isaac is more likely than Shulk and that both will make it in.
I would not qualify VGChartz even "slightly" accurate. Dude literally makes up the numbers. In fact, it's forbidden to use it to justify your arguments in places like NeoGAF.

Anyways, I won't doubt that sales matters (they do), and I'm certain Golden Sun tops Xenoblade in that, the point is that I'd say that relevance at the moment the game is released (that is, right now, during SSB4's development & launch) is more important than sales. And the fact that GS is... kind of "forgotten" (not really, but I think you guys get the point) compared to Xenoblade, scares me in the inside a little.

I think -or want to believe that- Isaac and Shulk will make it both too though :p

Last edited:

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Does Earthbound and Golden Sun share the same month for an anniversary? I'll have to go check....
No, they do not. Same month, yes, but Golden Sun's is on the 1st of August.

Forgive me, but I was confused at first since you said Mother and I said Earthbound. Then I saw they're the same a few seconds later.

In any case, I don't think we should think much about Smash Run's enemies or retweets. Both statements doesn't really affect anyone's chances just as how the dead leak doesn't really affect Isaac's chances.

Of course, I can be wrong. But it doesn't change the fact that anything can happen at this point.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't wait to get The Lost Age... I regret not buying the GBA game 10 years ago but I will get it this time!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I would not qualify VGChartz even "slightly" accurate. Dude literally makes up the numbers. In fact, it's forbidden to use it to justify your arguments in places like NeoGAF.

Anyways, I won't doubt that sales matters (they do), and I'm certain Golden Sun tops Xenoblade in that, the point is that I'd say that relevance at the moment the game is released (that is, right now, during SSB4's development & launch) is more important than sales. And the fact that GS is... kind of "forgotten" (not really, but I think you guys get the point) compared to Xenoblade, scares me in the inside a little.

I think -or want to believe that- Isaac and Shulk will make it both too though :p
Exactly right, except for popularity against Xenoblade Chronicles. I like both Golden Sun and Xenoblade Chronicles and believe both will get in, just look at my signature.

P.S. Welcome to Smash Boards!

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
No matter what, Isaac *is* getting a character model in Sm4sh. It's just that he'll either show up as an Assist Trophy or as a playable character! They at least have something they can work with model-wise since he was in Brawl.

Plus how can you pass up that epic GS battle music? ;)

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to get The Lost Age... I regret not buying the GBA game 10 years ago but I will get it this time!
I bought it in a cash converters a few weeks ago, I've never finished it though. That's a little thorn in the side I've had since I was a kid.

(Spoilers beginning of GS:TLA and ending of GS)
Completing the first game, all excited about going with Isaac & co. towards Lemuria, and starting the second one to find out that none of that was even remotely close since the game begins with 'new' (not story-wise but gameplay-wise) characters was the biggest letdown of my childhood.

Felix's battle theme is darn cool tho :smash::smash:

I'll have to play it someday, I exclusively bought an add-on for my super nintendo to play it on the TV with the controller!

Exactly right, except for popularity against Xenoblade Chronicles. I like both Golden Sun and Xenoblade Chronicles and believe both will get in, just look at my signature.

P.S. Welcome to Smash Boards!
Maybe... popularity in Japan?
Nah, I don't know as much as you guys do regarding popularity of characters/series in certain areas outside the forums (sometimes the little ecosystem created within the walls of the net distorts our perception of the outside world), so I won't say anything that results being stupid :laugh:

PS. Thank you! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom