• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So... some leakers were saying we were supposed to get a character announcement today.

Still waiting for it. :troll:
It's still early is it not? A lot of SSB4 DLC announcements have come out of the middle of nowhere recently.

However, yeah... I hope not. The most likely candidate for the 'leaks' is not a character I want to see.

D

Deleted member

I still think it's possible for there to be more characters than what was announced for Mario Tennis. Besides, "4" doesn't constitute "many more" anyway, lol. And, there's also DLC. After all, I still think that if Camelot's making the game, they least they can get is one of their own characters in the game as a surprise.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Aaaaand no character reveal.

Just voted on Etika's poll and let's be honest, Sora with more votes than Isaac, King K. Rool, Inklings, Wolf and Snake is just ridiculous.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Aaaaand no character reveal.

Just voted on Etika's poll and let's be honest, Sora with more votes than Isaac, King K. Rool, Inklings, Wolf and Snake is just ridiculous.
That's because its a different audience targetting Etika's poll, and with the ballot over a lot of people just don't care about taking polls anymore. I mean, here on Smashboards most of the big threads have said "f*** this, I quit" on even the "Rate Their Chances" thread.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
But isn't Etika the the moron who puts the likes of Shia Laboof, Shrek, Britney Spears and 50 Cent on their polls?

D

Deleted member

Wow....
You guys remember how i told you to ignore RTC? Well, in that thread they are just rating Chin from Hong Kong 97.

I.......lost all respect to RTC after seeing that. The ridiculous amount of super obscure and joke ratings in that thread have become annoying. I hate generalizing but that thread became a snoozefest.
I know it's just a game but.....for Popstar's sake that's just.......you know what, forget it.

Instead, have some Golden Sun Fanart that i found while surfing through the internet:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wow....
You guys remember how i told you to ignore RTC? Well, in that thread they are just rating Chin from Hong Kong 97.

I.......lost all respect to RTC after seeing that. The ridiculous amount of super obscure and joke ratings in that thread have become annoying. I hate generalizing but that thread became a snoozefest.
I know it's just a game but.....for Popstar's sake that's just.......you know what, forget it.

Instead, have some Golden Sun Fanart that i found while surfing through the internet:
I sure hope that by the time of Smash 5 speculation, the Rate Their Chances thread never comes back.

I'll go on a mini-rant and say how much I hate the RTC
1: It doesn't reflect the entirety of the Super Smash Bros fanbase
2: Extremely biased, and usually the same people each time
but the one thing that gets me the most - and it especially hurt me when we did the Ice Climbers - one user was so vitriolic to them, it was painful. (And FYI - I want to see the Ice Climbers again, but I know they'll come back one day, but that hatred... it scares me.)
3:That's the thing - I hate those 'Want' scores. They're not even the main part of the thread - and I just hate seeing 0 on a character that I love/want - especially if it's for a stupid reason. (Roy's day was especially painful) I. HATE. RTC!!!!!!!!! I even want to sabotage all the previous ratings I made! (I don't think I will, but that's how much I hate it)

Rant over. Amazing fan-art - the Original 8 of the Golden Sun Duology!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As someone who was of the original RTC team, it hurts. ;_;

It's a shame, but after @Groose left the site, the RTC thread lost most of its charm. He could make even the most baseless and out-of-the-world characters entertaining with the end day posts. Do you remember his "DAY OVER. RETURN OF GROOSE"? The original one has a LOT of fond memories for me. Groose was able to handle things more smoothly and the thread was well-respected and the ratings were seen as the general opinion of SmashBoards during its run.

All good things come to an end, they say. Ah well.

Smash 5's RTC will hopefully be better and live up to the original one. I'll try to take a more active part in managing it, if I'm still around.

D

Deleted member

As someone who was of the original RTC team, it hurts. ;_;

It's a shame, but after @Groose left the site, the RTC thread lost most of its charm. He could make even the most baseless and out-of-the-world characters entertaining with the end day posts. Do you remember his "DAY OVER. RETURN OF GROOSE"? The original one has a LOT of fond memories for me. Groose was able to handle things more smoothly and the thread was well-respected and the ratings were seen as the general opinion of SmashBoards during its run.

All good things come to an end, they say. Ah well.

Smash 5's RTC will hopefully be better and live up to the original one. I'll try to take a more active part in managing it, if I'm still around.
Why did Groose left?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It doesn't help that the hateful, spiteful people who always post in RTC are also insanely uninformed. And then, when they spout their uninformed vitriol, they're like "plz dont shoot me! plz dont shoot me! im not here to start flame wars! plz dont shoot me! flame shield, flame shield!!!"

Take responsibility for your own bull**** hay, man up to your statements and be prepared to defend your crap.

Edit: This was posted a few days ago in the RTC:
Only sixteen people voted, this thread is dying fast. Next up we're rating Prince Fluff and the concept of us getting any Advance Wars characters. Also please predict what score Lana and Oliver will get tomorrow.
Source.

So maybe there's hope yet that it won't even last until the ballot is revealed. Furthermore, have you seen what they're rating? What the hell ARE they rating?

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I never really took the RTC thread THAT seriously. Like many people have pointed out, the thread consists of a very very very small portion of the entire Smash community and it really does not reflect what chances a character has and how desirable a character is wanted. Plus, arguments sprout when people are very harsh towards specific characters, and it just becomes a whole mess of words after that. Personally, I'd favor seeing it get closed down to avoid anymore future arguments or conflicts. It would be for the best since it lost its prime a long time ago.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
It doesn't help that the hateful, spiteful people who always post in RTC are also insanely uninformed. And then, when they spout their uninformed vitriol, they're like "plz dont shoot me! plz dont shoot me! im not here to start flame wars! plz dont shoot me! flame shield, flame shield!!!"

Take responsibility for your own bull**** hay, man up to your statements and be prepared to defend your crap.
Like I once heard, "Freedom of speech is a powerful tool, and when stupid people use powerful tools, they tend to get hurt.".

I still remember when someone came here asking why Isaac isn't an ordinary swordsman, he got explained why and then, on Isaac's RTC, he said he would be another Marth clone, kthxbye.

XTremeGamer1234

Smash Rookie
These youtubers that I'm subscribed to apparently said that a they want Isaac, but think that he is unlikely, even if he is, I'm not giving up on him.

D

Deleted member

With regards to RTC, I don't go there anymore because it has degenerated into such blitering nonsense. I mean, for goodness sakes, why have a "Want" suggestion for people! For many, they often will go to the extremes of either 100% for a character they want or 0% for a character they absoutely hate.

The last time I went to RTC was when they were doing Medusa's chances again, and the responses were vicious about her, with the criticisms ranging from the obvious (Sakurai bias) to just plain petty (some people hated Medusa because she was the only character that wasn't "funny" in Uprising, and there were even some misogynistic complaints). If the RTC has gravitated away from plausible choices to God-knows-why-you-think-of-them choices (Hong Kong 97?!), you should just put that thread to rest.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
With regards to RTC, I don't go there anymore because it has degenerated into such blitering nonsense. I mean, for goodness sakes, why have a "Want" suggestion for people! For many, they often will go to the extremes of either 100% for a character they want or 0% for a character they absoutely hate.

The last time I went to RTC was when they were doing Medusa's chances again, and the responses were vicious about her, with the criticisms ranging from the obvious (Sakurai bias) to just plain petty (some people hated Medusa because she was the only character that wasn't "funny" in Uprising, and there were even some misogynistic complaints). If the RTC has gravitated away from plausible choices to God-knows-why-you-think-of-them choices (Hong Kong 97?!), you should just put that thread to rest.
Wait, what?!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Seriously. Who the hell are "Dan" and "Chin"? OK, sure they had Lana from Hyrule Warriors a few days ago, but that was the last anywhere remotely legitimate thing that I can remember (Granted I don't exactly pay attention to the thread enough to care and know, but still...) How many times have the rated Pokéfloats already? The most despised stage by a long shot from Melee.

But seriously, who the **** are "Dan" and "Chin" anyways?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Seriously. Who the hell are "Dan" and "Chin"? OK, sure they had Lana from Hyrule Warriors a few days ago, but that was the last anywhere remotely legitimate thing that I can remember (Granted I don't exactly pay attention to the thread enough to care and know, but still...) How many times have the rated Pokéfloats already? The least popular stage by a long shot from Melee.
Not even a Nintendo character. Specifically, Dan Hibiki from the Street Fighter series.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wait so does this mean any character thread?
As long as they originated from a video game (no Shrek etc) they can have a thread. They can also be as off topic as they please so no worries about mini-modding.
I would hope to have the whole forum migrate there but that ma be thinking a bit large.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
As long as they originated from a video game (no Shrek etc) they can have a thread. They can also be as off topic as they please so no worries about mini-modding.
I would hope to have the whole forum migrate there but that ma be thinking a bit large.
Great! Now I don't have to make a Retro gaming characters thread!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Whelp, I guess we'll have to move there once everything goes down.

Bummer... I was hoping that on the off chance that Isaac moved up in the world, we could take this thread with us and make it our Social Thread... Kinda grew fond of this olde thread. Yanno what I mean?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Bummer... I was hoping that on the off chance that Isaac moved up in the world, we could take this thread with us and make it our Social Thread... Kinda grew fond of this olde thread. Yanno what I mean?
Still a chance mate. #TheDreamNeverDies

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

The thread is being archived. If Isaac does make it in, this likely will be resurrected as the new Social Thread.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

No worries, the threads will still exist in all their splendid glory. You just won't be able to post in em or make new threads here. Any new DLC char would get their respective thread ported over to the new forum though.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I think if Isaac becomes playable they should still add this thread to his forum.

Edit: Of course Neo Zeo pretty much just said that....

Last edited:
Top Bottom