• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
There's also dialogue for Mia in Kolima if you pick her up from the Mercury Lighthouse before you visit the town.

(though probably everyone knew that)
I always play it that way. Get the most dialogue possible! :grin:

It goes FAR beyond that. Did you know that one can skip getting Mia via Retreat glitch in the Mercury Lighthouse? Apparently Camelot did because you are able to get psynergy items that allow you to use Douse and Frost, allowing you to not restart and complete the game if you do this accidentally! Now THAT is some amazing foresight.
Yep. They put some great foresight into those points. Like the Lash Pebble in Lemuria in Lost Age, when the game taunts you for not being able to climb up. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It goes FAR beyond that. Did you know that one can skip getting Mia via Retreat glitch in the Mercury Lighthouse? Apparently Camelot did because you are able to get psynergy items that allow you to use Douse and Frost, allowing you to not restart and complete the game if you do this accidentally! Now THAT is some amazing foresight.
If they knew about the glitch, I wonder why they gave you Douse and Frost items rather than fix the glitch with missing Mia? Maybe it was too complicated for them to figure out, so they just added the items into the game instead?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
If they knew about the glitch, I wonder why they gave you Douse and Frost items rather than fix the glitch with missing Mia? Maybe it was too complicated for them to figure out, so they just added the items into the game instead?
The first game was practically a launch title on a new system of handhelds with some of the best graphics and music quality in the system lifespan in a relatively short dev time presumably (think of how well Sonic '06 did when developing for a next-gen console) and the glitch would require the game changing the way the game stored data I believe, so adding 2 items after mini boss encounters was probably much easier than changing the source code in the given time they had.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The first game was practically a launch title on a new system of handhelds with some of the best graphics and music quality in the system lifespan in a relatively short dev time presumably (think of how well Sonic '06 did when developing for a next-gen console) and the glitch would require the game changing the way the game stored data I believe, so adding 2 items after mini boss encounters was probably much easier than changing the source code in the given time they had.
Ah, ok. I guess that's reasonable.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In DD, all of the Djinn were given unique designs, with one Djinni of each element maintaining the appearance of the GBA Djinn.

Out of each element, which Djinni is your favorite, based solely on its aesthetic appearance?

Mercury
Venus
Jupiter
Mars
Haze, Garland, Geyser, and Fury. Would post pictures of them, but mine laptop is kaput, so I'm stuck with mine Wii U browser. [EDIT] Also would love to have their abilities.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Just a random thought I had while seeing comments on Starfox characters being furries:
If we get Isaac in the game, we should start supporting Sveta just to tease everyone a little bit. :teeth:

And because why the heck not, after all she's awesome!

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Just a random thought I had while seeing comments on Starfox characters being furries:
If we get Isaac in the game, we should start supporting Sveta just to tease everyone a little bit. :teeth:

Sveta getting in would blow my mind.

I'm a big fan of her.

But then again, Reif would also be cool.

I don't really want Tyrell though, he'd get me steaming mad.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I would be rather shocked if Isaac didn't get in, honestly. He's a top contender, has already been in Smash at least once (Assist Trophy wise, anyway, but the removal of it meant both good and bad), has a huge moveset potential, and would keep Golden Sun relevant (since the only time he's been represented is in that Japanese comic series based on the first Golden Sun game, and then Smash Bros, which is his only video game appearance outside of his own game series so far). Plus, he has tons of Yellow on him. :3

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I bet that the reason that we have not received any news on ballot characters since the ballot ended is because Nintendo is probably scratching their heads after getting the results.

Nintendo: Why do they not want more Cat Mario in Smash?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Greetings, I'm Nintenzilla (call me Ninten if you will :3) recently if you may know, there was a person on Reddit who found there to be six slots on the css, so I took my time to make a list compiling characters I think may be likely, I've also disregarded the rumours from recent. So without further ado, let's get to the list.

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie (Or K. Rool)
Paper Mario
Issac
Layton

(And yes I support Issac)

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Greetings, I'm Nintenzilla (call me Ninten if you will :3) recently if you may know, there was a person on Reddit who found there to be four slots on the css, so I took my time to make a list compiling characters I think may be likely, I've also disregarded the rumours from recent. So without further ado, let's get to the list.

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie (Or K. Rool)
Paper Mario
Issac
Layton

(And yes I support Issac)
Wait; You found a source that says there are four slots instead of three from the 1.1.1 patch? Do you mind linking that then?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, lol, its just speculation based on the fact that the 3DS roster could possibly be resized when before most people just assumed the 3DS roster would just add another page (which is still possible).

Altais

Smash Champion

If we got a second Golden Sun character, looking at the matter from an unbiased perspective I think Sveta would definitely be the most unique. Alex would be interesting as well, but since we've never seen him fight, there's not much to draw on. I think I posted a moveset for Sveta in this thread a year or two ago. I'll see if I can find it. [EDIT] Here it is. Looking back, it does have quite a few flaws. Maybe I'll revise it once I buy mine new laptop.

http://smashboards.com/threads/isaa...ay-golden-sunday.324274/page-69#post-16752764

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I would die if we got Sveta for Smash. She's probably my favorite GS character. I've always dismissed her as a pipe dream, however. We're struggling to get Isaac, the face of our series. As lovely as the Beastman Queen would be, I don't think it's in the cards.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've never indulged in pondering over additional Golden Sun characters because first thing's first... we still need to get Isaac.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I've never indulged in pondering over additional Golden Sun characters because first thing's first... we still need to get Isaac.
Agreed.

Isaac first. Then we can worry about getting other characters in.

Lͭ̅̔̽ͯ̌̏ͧ̋̃͛ͯ̌̍ͨ҉̛͈̜̮̼̳̰̫̠̥̜ͅḯ̀ͣ̊̇̒ͯͩ̈ͨͥ̈́̈́̽҉̨̩̖͕̤̘̳̳̹̻͍̤̬͍̘̯͚͜k̵̨̹̟̠͕̤͇͑̾̋̂͂ͭͭ̈́̅̚͢ȅ̴̛̦͖̼͚̱̦͎̫͎̯̮̱͍͕̦̬̹̼̲̑͂ͫ̕̕͢ ̧͍̻̼͔̟̹̝̌ͤ̀͗ͨͬ̅̐ͮͯ̚͜J̷̢͚̯̹̜̩̘̜͔͖̼͆̔̌̾̅͊ͨͤ̏ͪ̄̄̈́ͬͫ̌͠e̵͈̗̘͇̠̭͓͎̫͖̗̤̝̯̺͈͇͕̱ͥ́͂͗ͪ͛͒ͦͩ́̄̉ͧ̏́̚̕͢n̶̶̛̰̙̦̬̾̊̿ͤͧ̽ͮ̚̕͘n̶̅̄͛ͭ͌́̉̽̊͏̷͏̖̙̬͕͔͍̣͚a̢̭͚̭̣͓̦̲̜̫͑̆͒͆̿ͬ̈̌̓ͫͪͬͮ̒̒̊ͭ̏ͦ͢͡

But Isaac first. Isaac MUST be first.

Last edited:

A-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoctorBored
Hoping for anything besides Isaac is a pipe dream.
Maybe an extra trophy? But that's it.
Pray for Isaac, because anything else won't happen.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Any other Golden Sun Character that got in as a playable Fighter on top of Isaac would be extra icing on an already frosting and icing drowned cake.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think we'd get a second character until after GS4, and Alex will likely be the main antagonist of GS4 anyway. Since he's been the main character with an overarching goal throughout the whole series, he'd essentially be considered the main antagonist of the entire series, and he's Isaac's direct rival as well since Isaac has the power he needs. Alex is the most likely candidate to be the "second" GS character, barring clones.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Just to be sure, like I said, it would be IF Isaac got in, not before of course. :p

On another topic,I have a question for you all. I don't know if I'm biaised but I've seen guys saying that Shantae was more iconic than Isaac. :crazy:
Nothing against her of course, but what do you think about that statement?
I'd tend to think it's not really true but... who knows? :ohwell:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Just to be sure, like I said, it would be IF Isaac got in, not before of course. :p

On another topic,I have a question for you all. I don't know if I'm biaised but I've seen guys saying that Shantae was more iconic than Isaac. :crazy:
How do you define an "icon"? Shantae is certainly iconic among indies affiliated with Nintendo. Similarly, I think Isaac is iconic among characters from the GameBoy Advance (one of the most iconic originating from that system, in fact). It all depends on how you define the term, and what spectrum you're looking at.

Iconic as a gaming character in general? Neither character fits that, really.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

The majority of speculators around now weren't old enough to remember Golden Sun's heyday, so they think of Isaac as some character who's always been horribly niche and largely unknown.

They don't realize the first two titles in the series were as well-received commercially as Uprising or Awakening and as well-received critically as Xenoblade. They look at the series five years after its last title and thirteen years after its last successful title and think its always been this way. Nowadays people mostly judge Golden Sun solely on Dark Dawn, which for many reasons is unfortunate.

It's kind of ironic considering the Shantae series has legitimately always been niche, but because she has received several titles in the last few years, she is more prolific at this point. Though all it would take for that to change is a well-received new Golden Sun.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The majority of speculators around now weren't old enough to remember Golden Sun's heyday, so they think of Isaac as some character who's always been horribly niche and largely unknown.

They don't realize the first two titles in the series were as well-received commercially as Uprising or Awakening and as well-received critically as Xenoblade. They look at the series five years after its last title and thirteen years after its last successful title and think its always been this way. Nowadays people mostly judge Golden Sun solely on Dark Dawn, which for many reasons is unfortunate.

It's kind of ironic considering the Shantae series has legitimately always been niche, but because she has received several titles in the last few years, she is more prolific at this point. Though all it would take for that to change is a well-received new Golden Sun.
A new GS period would do it. If its not well-received we won't know it until the game is launched. Just announcing the game will get people talking about it and hyping it up.

This is definitely a complete and total fallacy. Shantae was barely known at all until her second game came out. She was incredibly niche, whereas Golden Sun was very big on the GBA. DS not so much, but even then the GS games have done a lot better than Shantae. It wasn't even known if she'd get another game for a long time.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
I just thought of an idea whilst playing Paper Mario. In Paper Mario, there is one party member named Goombario. Goombario has an ability called "Tattle", in which he provides intel on the enemy. I think it would be cool if Golden Sun 4 had something similar. At the beginning of your turn, where it says "Fight, Flee, and Stats," there could be an extra icon labeled "Ask Kraden!" When said icon is selected, Kraden will ramble about the monster's origins as well as what elements it is strong and weak against. I think this would be a nice addition--if nothing else to minimise trial and error. [Shrugs] Or they could just make a monster gallery called "Kraden's Diary".

What say you lot?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I just thought of an idea whilst playing Paper Mario. In Paper Mario, there is one party member named Goombario. Goombario has an ability called "Tattle", in which he provides intel on the enemy. I think it would be cool if Golden Sun 4 had something similar. At the beginning of your turn, where it says "Fight, Flee, and Stats," there could be an extra icon labeled "Ask Kraden!" When said icon is selected, Kraden will ramble about the monster's origins as well as what elements it is strong and weak against. I think this would be a nice addition--if nothing else to minimise trial and error. [Shrugs] Or they could just make a monster gallery called "Kraden's Diary".

What say you lot?
I love completing bestiaries in games, so I'm all for it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

What say you lot?
Aaah another one of Kraden's lectures.

The character to get the most dialogue, more than anyone else in the series.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

What say you lot?
Kraden: That is Arcanus. He is secretly the Mercury Adept, Alex. He-

Isaac: Wow... I'm not sure which is more unbelievable. The fact that THIS is the big plot twist that we've been building up to, or that we actually get to fight Alex for once.

Alex: Have I mentioned Babi is dead yet?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
If we got a second Golden Sun character, looking at the matter from an unbiased perspective I think Sveta would definitely be the most unique. Alex would be interesting as well, but since we've never seen him fight, there's not much to draw on. I think I posted a moveset for Sveta in this thread a year or two ago. I'll see if I can find it. [EDIT] Here it is. Looking back, it does have quite a few flaws. Maybe I'll revise it once I buy mine new laptop.

http://smashboards.com/threads/isaa...ay-golden-sunday.324274/page-69#post-16752764
We've never seen Fox or Capt. Falcon fight either, so Alex is no big deal.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
We've never seen Fox or Capt. Falcon fight either, so Alex is no big deal.
But they're the main characters of their series. At this point, there really isn't any reason to add Alex. Besides, as N3ON said, it's a bit silly to consider these things (sorry, I know we're just trying to make conversation when we have little to talk about) when we don't have any guarantee whatsoever of Isaac ever becoming playable (and thus creating playable representation for GS to begin with) himself.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Aaah another one of Kraden's lectures.

The character to get the most dialogue, more than anyone else in the series.
Kraden's Lectures: the "Snake's Codecs" and "Palutena's Guidance" of Smash5. Complete with no voice acting whatsoever. Just the usual GS chittering sounds. And because Isaac is a Silent Protagonist, it's all one sided: only Kraden Talks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom