• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm back. So, here's a question, how would you like Isaac's illustration (the one that all newcomers got, except clones and Alph) to be?

Personally, I would like it to be similar to the 1st Golden Sun game box, but having Isaac with one hand holding his sword and with another, casting a spell. Roy could be in Garet's place, Lucas in Ivan's place and maybe Zelda in Mia's place. Then below them, we could see Mario, Megaman, Ike, Robin, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Shulk and Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm back. So, here's a question, how would you like Isaac's illustration (the one that all newcomers got, except clones and Alph) to be?

Personally, I would like it to be similar to the 1st Golden Sun game box, but having Isaac with one hand holding his sword and with another, casting a spell. Roy could be in Garet's place, Lucas in Ivan's place and maybe Zelda in Mia's place. Then below them, we could see Mario, Megaman, Ike, Robin, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Shulk and Captain Falcon.
4 characters side by side, Isaac, Zelda, Robin, and either Ike or Shulk, facing the 3 monsters: Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Charizard.

It'll look just like a standard battle.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
4 characters side by side, Isaac, Zelda, Robin, and either Ike or Shulk, facing the 3 monsters: Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Charizard.

It'll look just like a standard battle.
Donkey Kong is meh in there, he shouldn't be on the "monsters" side. (If K. Rool is announced before Isaac, though... especially since both probably got in through the ballot...)

I do like this idea, just not Donkey Kong being in it. He was a villain briefly early on in his history but hasn't been for 20 years.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13

Isaac’s battle pose, but from the front, maybe with two hands on his sword?

alguidrag

Smash Ace

If he comes alone(no felix or matthew alt) He would appear holding his sword in right hand, and casting move to the front(to catch a smash ball) with his left hand, in his right side would appear LM, Marth, Link and shulk, in his left side would appear Ness, Robin, Zelda and Lucas( or the other dlc characters in both sides)

If felix is a alt he would appear in left side holding his sword(gaia blade?), and at his side would be Mario/luigi, Link/toon link and Kirby, in the right side of image would be felix with his sword(sol blade?), with bowser/wario, Ganondorf and DDD/meta knight.(with flint and echo in his shoulders)

If Matthew is a alt Both would appear in the center, with Isaac in the left side and matthew in the right, both wielding sol blade in oppositve hands, in side of isaac would appear Marth, Ness and Pit, in matthew side would appear Lucina, Lucas and Dpit (or smash characters that resemble to their parties)

In one of the images of isaac galery would be him, LM and waluigi side to side(like
LM and isaac: Hey waluigi we got promoted to fighters!
Waluigi:... get away from me)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

What exactly are you referring to here? An example would help.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong is meh in there, he shouldn't be on the "monsters" side. (If K. Rool is announced before Isaac, though... especially since both probably got in through the ballot...)

I do like this idea, just not Donkey Kong being in it. He was a villain briefly early on in his history but hasn't been for 20 years.
I only brought him into this because all three of them were in that on Brawl event about the monsters in New Pork City.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I think it's fitting because of the Gorilla enemies in the Lost Age.

:231:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
These things:

Every newcomer has had an artwork page put up in the character section of the Smash Bros. website.
Isaac would be standing in the middle. His right hand (his secondary hand, Isaac's a lefty) his holding a sword, in a formal, sentinel like position, with the tip of the blade in the ground. His main hand, his left hand, is extended palm up, a djinni is floating above his palm. Other Djinn are visible around our hero. Isaac himself is standing rather imperiously. Villainous characters such as Gannondorf and Bowser are beneath him, almost looking like their fleeing him and other heroic characters such as Link, Shulk, Lucina, Marth, Roy and Robin. A wind is also blowing things like their capes (FE Lords), Robes (Robin), Hat (Link), vest (Shulk) and of course, Isaac's cape. Pebbles, rocks and other earthy things are rising up and surrounding the group, especially Isaac.

Now try envisioning that while listening to this:

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I see someone blocked Starfox Adventures from their memory.
Fox was added to Smash Bros. before Star Fox Adventures was a thing.

You know how Nintendo uploaded a Mario Tennis Ultra Smash trailer on Youtube last night? Its title was "Look Who's On The Court" and I immediately thought of the GS crew joining the roster. The subtitle seemed way too special (why wasn't it "Character trailer" as usual?) and I always had the hope that Camelot would include Isaac and co. as guests ever since the game's announcement. Yet it seems like they didn't. Nintendo knows their way around taunt-ish trailer titles. :/

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

For start, I would very much like whomever did the artwork for the Golden Sun games to do the artwork for Isaac's illustration.

As for whom would be in it... Little Mac should definitely be one of them. Two Assist Trophies turned fighters would be awesome seen together. I would also like to see some characters whom have yet to appear in an illustration at all. Personally, I'd rather not Isaac's illustration be as crowded as Robin and Ryu's.

Here's how I picture it: Isaac is standing on a jagged cliff, one hand balled into a fist, the other thrusted outward, palm open. Guarding his left is Little Mac striking a defensive pose, followed by Ness holding his bat, relaxed but alert. Guarding his right is Ike, brandishing his sword with both hands, followed by Lucario in his normal pose. Looming above in the clear sky, blocking out the sun, is Judgment. Perhaps a few Djinn could be swirling around as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

My idea is this one with everyone except Isaac replaced.

Shulk/Link for Garet
Palutena for Mia
Robin for Ivan
Falco, Bowser, <someone> and Charizard for the enemies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I know that Isaac is in no way a prince, but every time I visit this thread, in my head I hear the Snow White song "Some Day my Prince Will Come." Here's to ya, old buddy! I know one day you will come to the battle. In glorious elemental HD.

Id also like to utilize this time to restate that I think his grab button should always summon a giant hand, which would have more freedom in directional input, and allow Isaac to not only grab, but push, and maybe even recover. He's become so known for his summoned hand, that I would be happy for this to represent the majority of his psi energy, with a moveset that only utilized a couple for smash attacks, and then a Djinn based system for his specials.

Last edited:

A-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoctorBored
Id also like to utilize this time to restate that I think his grab button should always summon a giant hand, which would have more freedom in directional input, and allow Isaac to not only grab, but push, and maybe even recover.
Grab, absolutely. I do wonder in how much freedom it should have, it shouldn't become a case where he can grab anyone anywhere (bit over the top, but you get the idea), unless it's a hella slow grab. I could see it work as a pseudo-tether, where if used in the air and no ledge nearby would push the enemy away, but with little or no damage. Near a ledge it would just grab on? Dunno how Isaac would get up there.

It's a bit of a problem: use THE HAND for grabs, or a neutral b? It's one of his most iconic 'attacks' as it was featured in Brawl.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I honestly think he's the alleged character that "makes sense" that is coming.

My idea is this one with everyone except Isaac replaced.

Shulk/Link for Garet
Palutena for Mia
Robin for Ivan
Falco, Bowser, <someone> and Charizard for the enemies.

Instead of Link/Shulk it should be Ike.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I was thinking about a moveset for Isaac the other day and was imagining a Growth tether grab (kinda like Ivysaur in Brawl/PM).

I might post a full moveset at some point if I find the time...

EDIT: Actually Lash would be more appropriate, but that's technically Jupiter psynergy (iirc). Hmm.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I was thinking about a moveset for Isaac the other day and was imagining a Growth tether grab (kinda like Ivysaur in Brawl/PM).

EDIT: Actually Lash would be more appropriate, but that's technically Jupiter psynergy (iirc). Hmm.
Grip is Venus, and it involves grabbing something and pulling the user to it (or it to the user), so it makes perfect sense for a tether grab.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Looked it up and yes that makes much more sense. Yet another reminder that I need to get round to playing DD. :awesome:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

My idea for Growth has always been making a ladder of vines, like in the game. In y ind it's an up-B which has a Palutena up-smash style hitbox (maybe slightly less extreme) and if it hits a platform (when used on the ground it will hit on the bottom) it will create a ladder which you can then climb and jump off. As such Isaac's recovery will have him wanting to go way under the stage and hit the underside of the platform (or the side of the stage if it's solid,with the vines growing along the wall) to create a ladder he can jump and double jump back onto the ledge with.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Instead of Link/Shulk it should be Ike.
I though of that too, but I decided to have more variety in franchises.
Those four (Shulk, Isaac, Robin and Palutena) cover all the franchises with the anime-like artstyle.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I though of that too, but I decided to have more variety in franchises.
Those four (Shulk, Isaac, Robin and Palutena) cover all the franchises with the anime-like artstyle.

Zelda is anime, especially the Wind Waker setting ones. Mario too, just an earlier style of anime (except the girls, they're pretty modern moe style). There's also Mega Man...

And let's not forget Pokémon, especially given it actually has an anime, and t's bloody popular too!

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just thought of yet another idea. I remember someone in this thread saying that they would love to see a Tales-style Golden Sun. But, if they did change the Golden Sun combat system, I would love for it to be similar to the upcoming Final Fantasy XV. I can just imagine how well the Djinn, Psynergy, and Weapon Unleashes could be incorporated in this combat system. How the weapon unleashes could work is that after landing enough melee attacks, a bar will charge up--after which you can unleash. In the below video, I would recommend watching the battle at 2:04:00. Imagine seeing Judgment in that quality!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Grab, absolutely. I do wonder in how much freedom it should have, it shouldn't become a case where he can grab anyone anywhere (bit over the top, but you get the idea), unless it's a hella slow grab. I could see it work as a pseudo-tether, where if used in the air and no ledge nearby would push the enemy away, but with little or no damage. Near a ledge it would just grab on? Dunno how Isaac would get up there.

It's a bit of a problem: use THE HAND for grabs, or a neutral b? It's one of his most iconic 'attacks' as it was featured in Brawl.
I think that having a hand as a grab (that works as more than a grab), not only stays true to the character, but gives him enough options to properly represent his Djinn/Psynergy/Sword. They are all so important, and must be implemented with the unique qualities they are already imbued with in the games.
Smash attacks- a combination of sword and psy
Specials- all Djinn, with a means to summon them and alter his strength.
Then his extra button with the iconic hand! It would not only grab, but could also be used to push people away.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I like the idea he could have a hand as a tether grab, but when used in the air (Zair) it pushes opponents away like the Brawl assist trophy. The Zair would have to be nerfed from Brawl though obviously (imagine the walling and edgeguarding game with a hand that big :bee:). Just a quick hand movement pushing them back a bit with a fair amount of endlag. The function could easily change to home in when used in range of a ledge, similar to how tether grabs do on other characters.

I do also like the idea of Move as a special though. It was cool in Brawl. Either way I'm happy, I think.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
In other news, Camelot has plans to include other characters into the mix for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. There were four colored questions blocks present near the end of the most recent trailer (one of them being yellow). Wouldn't it be crazy if that yellow question block was Isaac and he got into the game? It's not completely out of the realm of possibility; Camelot did make the Golden Sun series, after all.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In other news, Camelot has plans to include other characters into the mix for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. There were four colored questions blocks present near the end of the most recent trailer (one of them being yellow). Wouldn't it be crazy if that yellow question block was Isaac and he got into the game? It's not completely out of the realm of possibility; Camelot did make the Golden Sun series, after all.
I think it'd be cool, but it won't happen unless Isaac gets confirmed for Smash (in which case he'll have an Amiibo for him as well).

Some people seem to think the colored blocks don't hint at who the characters are, though. I disagree with this notion, there's no reason to have multicolored blocks. But I think Yellow is probably Bowser Jr., red is Diddy, and purple is Nabbit.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I think it'd be cool, but it won't happen unless Isaac gets confirmed for Smash (in which case he'll have an Amiibo for him as well).

Some people seem to think the colored blocks don't hint at who the characters are, though. I disagree with this notion, there's no reason to have multicolored blocks. But I think Yellow is probably Bowser Jr., red is Diddy, and purple is Nabbit.
It's most likely Toadette, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser and a Sprixie (from Mario 3D World I think?), according to the silhouettes.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Birdo is probably gonna be dlc like what Nintendo likes doing in their games now.
Well, honestly, the DLC for Mario Golf: World Tour was pretty good. It only included brand new characters to Mario Golf. They didn't "add back" old characters that were in past games.

Technically, Mario Kart 8's was the same as well except for Dry Bowser. Smash is another story, but that's a special case since character's are the most important part of Smash, whereas in sports/racing games the character's aren't as important because the gameplay doesn't revolve around the characters.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
A new GS period would do it. If its not well-received we won't know it until the game is launched. Just announcing the game will get people talking about it and hyping it up.

This is definitely a complete and total fallacy. Shantae was barely known at all until her second game came out. She was incredibly niche, whereas Golden Sun was very big on the GBA. DS not so much, but even then the GS games have done a lot better than Shantae. It wasn't even known if she'd get another game for a long time.
If I recall correctly, none of Shantae's games have sold over a million copies nor were officially released in Japan whereas all of the GS games were released world-wide with the first two selling over a million copies.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
If I recall correctly, none of Shantae's games have sold over a million copies nor were officially released in Japan whereas all of the GS games were released world-wide with the first two selling over a million copies.
Actualy Shantae and The Pirate's Curse, the newest game in the series, just got a physical release in Japan either last month or earlier this month, I can't remember.

Top Bottom