• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Oddly enough I never used White/Pure mage for Dull. I used it because it had the best damn heal in the game combined with Revive and two of the most powerful offensive series (Plasma and Prism) in the game. All this with a really solid stat base.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I never really figured out GS classes... Seemed a bit to complicated for me when just using the base classes was plenty enough to get through the game. :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Question: Is Camelot currently OK with Smash getting a Golden Sun rep?
They have not said so specifically, but they have indicated interest in making a new game in the series if fans want it, and there is no reason they would NOT want to have Golden Sun get a representative.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think it's fair to say that any Game Company would be happy to have it's Character(s) in Smash.
This, pretty much.

There's no company that WOULDN'T want their characters in Smash. Do note, absolutely NO Nintendo developers (first-party or partners) have ever directly said anything out loud about any characters they want to see. And that makes sense; if they say something, it could be seen as personal bias and them trying to twist support around. I'm sure various developers have privately suggested character's they'd like to see, but they couldn't say it out loud.

There's no doubt in my mind that Camelot have probably brought it up to Sakurai in the past. Especially during the time of Brawl when Isaac managed to get an Assist Trophy.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I never really figured out GS classes... Seemed a bit to complicated for me when just using the base classes was plenty enough to get through the game. :p
There was only one class that was more optimal than setting all the dijin to their repective adepts. I don't remember the others, but for Isaac it was the Ninja class.
Follow up question: Who owns the rights to Golden Sun's characters?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There was only one class that was more optimal than setting all the dijin to their repective adepts. I don't remember the others, but for Isaac it was the Ninja class.

Follow up question: Who owns the rights to Golden Sun's characters?
Easy: Nintendo does. Nintendo 100% owns the rights to all characters in Golden Sun, this is stated right in the games. The franchise itself is co-owned by Camelot and Nintendo, though.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
They have not said so specifically, but they have indicated interest in making a new game in the series if fans want it, and there is no reason they would NOT want to have Golden Sun get a representative.
ok thanks

At this point I don't see any problems with Isaac being in Smash. The only argument I see is that GS sucks or is no longer relevant, which is not only a valid argument since it's more recent to Nintendo than many other games, and even if it were true, the fact that the ballot is fan service makes the whole argument irrelevant. I honestly don't understand why Isaac in Smash is even considered a controversial issue.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Easy: Nintendo does. Nintendo 100% owns the rights to all characters in Golden Sun, this is stated right in the games. The franchise itself is co-owned by Camelot and Nintendo, though.
I think that was the point to the follow up question. Whether Camelot wants Isaac in is technically irrelevant, since Nintendo owns all the rights.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think that was the point to the follow up question. Whether Camelot wants Isaac in is technically irrelevant, since Nintendo owns all the rights.
I was going to say that. I mean if Nintendo wants Isaac in but Camelot doesn't for some odd reason (why would anyone not want their character in Smash) Nintendo will put him in anyway.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was going to say that. I mean if Nintendo wants Isaac in but Camelot doesn't for some odd reason (why would anyone not want their character in Smash) Nintendo will put him in anyway.
No, I don't think so. Nintendo may own the rights, but they also adhere to the original creator's wishes. They did so with Diddy Kong as well, for example, and wouldn't use him in other games and mostly just used Donkey Kong. It wasn't until Rare was bought out than Nintendo used Diddy more actively in other games (along with other Kongs).

At the same time, there's no circumstance I see where Camelot doesn't want Isaac to be in.

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
I'd love to be added to the support list. Isaac come through...

D

Deleted member

Guys, i will be returning to class tomorrow, so i may post these comics less frequently:

My Little Sister Can’t Be This Proxian!

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Mia as an assist trophy would be cool. She can begin by healing the summoner and then freeze all the opponents, she's perfect for that role. And also she's my favorite GS character. XD

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Also don't forget the Songs that are already currently in the game on Norfair.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've been absent ans since I don't have time to go through 10 pages, can anyone tell me if anything interesting happened?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hey guys, I've been absent ans since I don't have time to go through 10 pages, can anyone tell me if anything interesting happened?
Quite a lot, King K. Rool now has a Mii costume, and so does Chrom, the Black Knight and the Flying Man. Lloyd got Mii'd too, sadly and now the ballot's become very uncertain. Is K.Rool out of the running? Is Isaac now number one? If anything, most of the Kutthroats are hoping that K.Rool will still win, despite the Mii Costume. Isaac survived the Mii-Apocalypse, so we're a little bit safe, for now... (Now two of my most wanted have been Mii'd...)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Indeed. If he gets in because of his popularity in the Smash Ballot, should that not indicate clearly that fans do want a new Golden Sun?

There shouldn't be any reason they would not want Isaac in Super Smash Bros. It would be a win for them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Isaac gets into Smash, we're DEFINITELY getting a new Golden Sun game.

Quite a lot, King K. Rool now has a Mii costume, and so does Chrom, the Black Knight and the Flying Man. Lloyd got Mii'd too, sadly and now the ballot's become very uncertain. Is K.Rool out of the running? Is Isaac now number one? If anything, most of the Kutthroats are hoping that K.Rool will still win, despite the Mii Costume. Isaac survived the Mii-Apocalypse, so we're a little bit safe, for now... (Now two of my most wanted have been Mii'd...)
I'm still not sure if Isaac surviving the "Mii-Apocalypse" is a good thing or a bad thing, because Isaac still has ZILCH in-game at all. Isaac survived the Assist Trophy apocalypse, only to not get in the game whatsoever. The same thing could easily happen again.

Also don't forget the Songs that are already currently in the game on Norfair.
And the new one on Palutena's Temple.
I was going to correct this but Falgor got it first. There are two GS songs, one is on Norfair and the other is on Palutena's Temple.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hello! I am a new user. :)

Still don't understand how Isaac can't be in Smash Bros, I hope that thanks to the survey: Isaac into battle!.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Since Smashified. Might not be Kumatora but she is a GBA character and talks.
Pretty sure that it's just a troll. #10 is Isaac, they're just baiting us.

I mean, dynamic cloth basically has to be a cape or scarf, which Kumatora doesn't have either of.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman

They definitely like toying with their fans. The pink hair certainly doesn't discredit the possibility for Isaac, in fact posting it with the intended pallet would nearly confirm his progress. There needs to be some anticipation and mystery leading up the actual video, no?

From another perspective, I've tried to place what other character it could be given the latest clues without success. Surely they wouldn't Smashify a character, whom are chosen primarily on fan request, that obscure?

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I wonder what the like to dislike ratio is going to be on that video if it is Kumatora...

Top Bottom