• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Starless

Smash Cadet
Welp, time to ****post like never before!
Does GS have a demon outside arguably Catastrophe?
There are generic demon monsters, but aside from that
Summons: Zagan, Haures, Charon
Bonus bosses: Valukar, Chaos Chimera and Ancient Devil

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Ancient Devil
Oh snap, I remember that guy.

Ancient Devil said:
Hey, Imma gank your most powerful character just after you finish getting all thems Djinn set for that really kick ass summon.
Yes, yes. Of course you would. You *******.

Ancient Devil said:
Oh yeah, Imma also use dat summon.
...**** YOU...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm getting confused. On the hint page for upcoming characters the GBA hint is under number 10 (presumably Isaac) even after they updated the page.

Which character is the GBA hint for? If it really is for 10, then I think it's pretty much the nail in the coffin for any character other than Isaac at this point...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless the next hint is, "Has an awesome yellow scarf", I'll believe it when I see it!
Yeah that's probably a safe mindset, but think about it...

- The artist is the same one who was working on Isaac (supposedly)
- The composer has made GS music in reference to Smashified
- The character has boots
- The character is sometimes silent and sometimes not silent
- GBA as a hint

If it's not Isaac I will be truly and genuinely surprised. Never mind fairly disappointed. :p

D

Deleted member

Wasn't there also another file called "Power suit Samus" as well?....
And now that i think about it.... "Power suit" Samus isn't exactly a silent protagonist(she was silent during most early games but had a speaking role in Other M), she appeared in the Game Boy Advance and wears boots.Although im pretty sure her hair doesn't look like Goku's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Someone dug up a Smash Facebook post from a year ago that stated that a new character would be revealed Monday, and missed the dates.

Even when I first saw it and before it was swiftly proven false, not one fiber of my being was hopeful for Isaac.

I hate to say it, but your optimism isn't rubbing off on me... :cry::cry::cry:

From Smashified to actually getting in the game, everyone here is super hopeful that Isaac will make it.

I'm not...:sadeyes:

Am I really so pessimistic and cynical?

James Branch Cabell said:
The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds; the pessimist fears it is true.
(Quote misattributed to Robert Oppenheimer)

Am I really that bad? Do I see Warhammer 40,000 everywhere?

For those who are unaware what Warhammer 40,000 is, let me give you a brief primer:
It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

— The standard intro to every Imperium-centered written work from the 40K universe

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Someone dug up a Smash Facebook post from a year ago that stated that a new character would be revealed Monday, and missed the dates.

Even when I first saw it and before it was swiftly proven false, not one fiber of my being was hopeful for Isaac.

I hate to say it, but your optimism isn't rubbing off on me... :cry::cry::cry:
Was this the one on the K. Rool thread that I shot down, then he edited the post.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Was this the one on the K. Rool thread that I shot down, then he edited the post.
I dunno. But it was from almost exactly a year ago. So maybe. It was the reveal for Lucina and Robin. I don't follow the K. Rool thread at all to be honest...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
From Smashified to actually getting in the game, everyone here is super hopeful that Isaac will make it.

I'm not...:sadeyes:

Am I really so pessimistic and cynical?
In all the years we've dealt with Smash/Sakurai I would say your pessimism is fairly warranted, though I personally think Isaac is more likely than not, if only slightly. Just keep pushing and spreading votes. Even if Isaac doesn't outright win the ballot, it's possible that him still scoring very highly on it with a large number of votes will make Sakurai think to add multiple ballot characters.

K. Rool and Isaac fans gotta stick together, I think. We are the Golden Duo.

Let's make this happen!

Last edited:

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
In all the years we've dealt with Smash/Sakurai I would say your pessimism is fairly warranted, though I personally think Isaac is more likely than not, if only slightly. Just keep pushing and spreading votes. Even if Isaac doesn't outright win the ballot, it's possible that him still scoring very highly on it with a large number of votes will make Sakurai think to add multiple ballot characters.

K. Rool and Isaac fans gotta stick together, I think. We are the Golden Duo.

Let's make this happen!
I think Sakurai said he was going to add multiple characters or something like that.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I think that Smashified leak from earlier was right. Next characters are Chibi-Robo and Isaac.

Last edited:

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I found another poll that we can vote on: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Fy...07Q_L3SXALwUdI/viewform?usp=already_responded

Also I read on Smashified that the 9th character is made up of around 9 different materials. Chibi Robo isn't that complex.
Those results are a lot different than what they usually are. It's stuff liked this that keeps me from wanting to be optimistic about the ballot, because this seems more like a reflection of where the actual ballot votes are going.
That's the first time I've seen Sora do so well though. I'm surprised to see King K. Rool not in first.

StormC

Smash Hero
There's no vote limit so it's hard to take it at face value. I just voted for Boy And His Blob to test it despite already voting K. Rool.

This Reddit poll from April is still probably the best sample size with 13,000 responses, and even that is debateable since we can never really be sure how successfully all the bot votes were taken out. Ignoring the then-trendy Shovel Knight, the top three all have a ~1% difference between them, with a noticeable drop at Snake.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Iwata-san is gone. :(

I'm still kind of in shock. He was only 55.

Could someone recolor the banner to monochrome black and add "RIP Iwata" to it? I feel like some gesture of mourning is needed, but I lack the skill myself.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.
I like this idea.

I unfortunately lack the talent.

A mountain that stood at the heart of Nintendo has crumbled, and our heroes can only look on in sorrow.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If there was a bigger version of that image, I could try to do that on Photoshop.
Maybe you could splice it together from the rest of the ending scenes?

Put the two shots of Mt. Aleph together, with Isaac, Garet, and Kyle looking on? It gives you more open space.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
R.I.P Iwata-san. I really wanted him to play a part in reviving GS again. He will be missed for what he brought to Nintendo and his own flavour to the company. He was a legend who died too early :c!

If my art skills were a bit better I could have made a tribute, but at my current level, I don't think so. Although once I do improve, I promise tons of art, if I am still around Smashboards that is.

Too bad I don't know some of those great Isaac fans and artists on DeviantArt/Tumblr >.<

D

Deleted member

"It's times like these when we men (and women) have to stand together!"
-Garet
Be strong my friends,be strong.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
With any luck Isaac will get his actual Smash Bros artwork before Smashified releases their version.
If they're going to take this much to release it and Isaac gets released in August (which would be awesome, since that's my birthday month) then it's totally possible for it to happen.

Top Bottom