• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
No way are they going to call it that. Nintendo aren't THAT stupid.

I also see no chance in hell of them releasing the NX next year.
I would not doubt Nintendo to call it that, since they named the next installment of the 3DS family like that. Hopefully they call it something cool, but I doubt it.

Signs of the NX will be shown next year and will draw the attention away from the Wii U. Having investors more focused on the Nintendo NX itself, which in turn, pushes games for the NX and leaves the Wii U barren for any upcoming titles.

Nintendo will most likely make the mistake of releasing the NX without any heavy hitting games and focus on the wrong audience like they did with the Wii U.

Regardless, Nintendo is putting themselves in a bad position here: The Wii U is only over 2 years old and we already have knowledge of a new system coming out. Making interest in the Wii U slim to none at this point and decrease consumer trust in Nintendo when they end the Wii U consoles soon. Ending the Wii U any less than 5 years is too soon and will only causes distrust between consumer and business.

I doubt they will market the newest console as much as they should once they release it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I would not doubt Nintendo to call it that, since they named the next installment of the 3DS family like that. Hopefully they call it something cool, but I doubt it.

Signs of the NX will be shown next year and will draw the attention away from the Wii U. Having investors more focused on the Nintendo NX itself, which in turn, pushes games for the NX and leaves the Wii U barren for any upcoming titles.

Nintendo will most likely make the mistake of releasing the NX without any heavy hitting games and focus on the wrong audience like they did with the Wii U.

Regardless, Nintendo is putting themselves in a bad position here: The Wii U is only over 2 years old and we already have knowledge of a new system coming out. Making interest in the Wii U slim to none at this point and decrease consumer trust in Nintendo when they end the Wii U consoles soon. Ending the Wii U any less than 5 years is too soon and will only causes distrust between consumer and business.

I doubt they will market the newest console as much as they should once they release it.
Once again.
We don't know WHAT kind of console or other piece of hardware the NX is.
Don't assume it's going to just kill the WiiU out-right, especially when Nintendo has stressed it's not a replacer for it.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Once again.
Don't assume it's going to just kill the WiiU out-right, especially when Nintendo has stressed it's not a replacer for it.
Hopefully you are right, but it just sounds like PR speak to me.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Once again.
The Wii U will probably receive at least a 5 year life span so the NX will probably come out in like 2017-2018. btw Burruni, when u gonna do dat Donbe and Hikari thread.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hopefully you are right, but it just sounds like PR speak to me.
In spite of a poor E3, I feel like this is the time that the WiiU is going to get a fair amount more power.
The Wii came out in 2006 and 2008 was the worst E3 Nintendo's done. And look at how strong it ended.

Edit:
The Wii U will probably receive at least a 5 year life span so the NX will probably come out in like 2017-2018. btw Burruni, when u gonna do dat Donbe and Hikari thread.
When I get a friggin moveset finished.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

The problem is the "new" 3DS is NOT a direct successor to the 3DS. Its a slightly more powerful 3DS, its not a sequel console to the DS. Its basically just another Game Boy Color.

Anyway, I still don't understand why people keep saying the NX will release next year. There's next-to-no chance of it releasing next year. It won't be until 2017 at the earliest. They'll officially show off whatever it is next year, then it'll sit around 1-2 years before its finally released (probably 2017).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lol, no. Holiday 2016 is way too early. Its not coming until 2017 for sure. That said I do agree that both are probably being phased out, but they've still got a decent lineup of games throughout 2016. Its 2017 that will largely be barren (unless NX and whatever successor the 3DS has are fully backwards compatible).
For sure? It's clear Nintendo is jettisoning the Wii U to be relegated largely with spin-offs and whatnot, especially in 2016, which apart from Zelda (which was likely delayed to be put on the NX as well) has all of Mario & Sonic at the Olympics and SMTxFE (which isn't going to do well outside Japan) to look forward to. That's not exactly a "decent lineup", that's a hugely anemic selection.

To put it in perspective, last year gave us Splatoon, Woolly World, Mario Maker, XCX, Rainbow Curse, Mario Party, Devil's Third, Star Fox, and Zelda to look forward to the following year. That's a decent lineup of games, not all of three. The 3DS had a slightly better showing, as it has four games instead of three slated for next year (even though one is largely a port and the other will have already been out for at least half a year, just not translated).

It's evident that Nintendo is pushing Wii U titles to the NX and shifting development as a whole to that system (and rather abruptly too, as to leave their upcoming schedule relegated mostly of seemingly rushed spin-offs or games that re-use previous assets). It's not going to be 2017 that's barren, it's going to be 2016. Nintendo can't have two utterly barren years in a row back-to-back after this gen, they just can't. When a console flops as hard as the Wii U does... you push your next system out sooner than initially intended, and if there wasn't proof before that this is Nintendo's plan, after this E3 it's more than obvious. Yeah it would be Nintendo's shortest lifespan of a console to date... but it's also failed harder than any Nintendo system since the Virtual Boy (which was canned after what... like seven months)... so you make allowances for stuff like that.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
For sure? It's clear Nintendo is jettisoning the Wii U to be relegated largely with spin-offs and whatnot, especially in 2016, which apart from Zelda (which was likely delayed to be put on the NX as well) has all of Mario & Sonic at the Olympics and SMTxFE (which isn't going to do well outside Japan) to look forward to. That's not exactly a "decent lineup", that's a hugely anemic selection.

To put it in perspective, last year gave us Splatoon, Woolly World, Mario Maker, XCX, Rainbow Curse, Mario Party, Devil's Third, Star Fox, and Zelda to look forward to the following year. That's a decent lineup of games, not all of three. The 3DS had a slightly better showing, as it has four games instead of three slated for next year (even though one is largely a port and the other will have already been out for at least half a year, just not translated).

It's evident that Nintendo is pushing Wii U titles to the NX and shifting development as a whole to that system (and rather abruptly too, as to leave their upcoming schedule relegated mostly of seemingly rushed spin-offs or games that re-use previous assets). It's not going to be 2017 that's barren, it's going to be 2016. Nintendo can't have two utterly barren years in a row back-to-back after this gen, they just can't. When a console flops as hard as the Wii U does... you push your next system out sooner than initially intended, and if there wasn't proof before that this is Nintendo's plan, after this E3 it's more than obvious. Yeah it would be Nintendo's shortest lifespan of a console to date... but it's also failed harder than any Nintendo system since the Virtual Boy (which was canned after what... like seven months)... so you make allowances for stuff like that.
Again, you're assuming that the NX is a replacement.

Also, where do you get "two barren years in a row"? This year we have Star Fox coming, in addition to Splatoon, and next year we have at least Zelda, just from what we know about. Neither year is looking barren.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

The problem with this logic is its just not possible. Nintendo can't possibly port all their upcoming games to NX in such a short span. Its completely illogical. Retro Studios is working on one, if not two games for Wii U, and Next Level Games is also rumored to be working on another Wii U title as well. And Nintendo already has several titles throughout the first half of next year for Wii U. They didn't announce too much yet because they're saving it for future Directs that will be out closer to 2016.

Also, where do you get "two barren years in a row"? This year we have Star Fox coming, in addition to Splatoon, and next year we have at least Zelda, just from what we know about. Neither year is looking barren.
This year isn't really all that barren. Certainly not any more than prior years. There's less third-party support, but first-party support is about the same.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seems like Nintendo might be ending the Wii U just like how Sega did with the Saturn. They should instead suck it up and continue making games for the Wii U, instead of getting rid of their Wii U fanbase. If they have the NX drop next year, then that will cause trust issues between them and their fans.

Nintendo is a very stubborn company, so I think they will not admit to themselves what they did wrong and make the same mistakes they made with the Wii U. I expect them to call the NX the "New Nintendo Wii U" and have no idea who to market it to.
They desperately need a re-branding now that they've lost the majority of the Wii's audience, so if Wii is in the title... I... I just give up.

That said I don't think it will be. They are incredibly stubborn and often have their head in the sand, but I do think that's one thing they've learned this last gen. Calling the Wii U the Wii U backfired hard on them.
(just like calling the Metroid game a Metroid game :smirk)

Once again.
I believe it's a hybrid system... and I agree it wouldn't inherently outright kill the Wii U, but considering Nintendo seems to be allocating all their resources away from the Wii U and to the NX, yeah, I think it will.

In spite of a poor E3, I feel like this is the time that the WiiU is going to get a fair amount more power.
The Wii came out in 2006 and 2008 was the worst E3 Nintendo's done. And look at how strong it ended.
The Wii didn't end very strong... it petered out commercially after about 2010, and Nintendo's support for it all but dried up around Skyward Sword...

Even if it's not, Nintendo allocation of resources away from the current systems will cause them to starve harder than they are now (more in the case of the Wii U). Plus, Nintendo can barely support two systems with a constant output of games. It damn well can't do four (current two, NX, and mobile).

Also I'm talking about 2016 and a hypothetical 2017, not 2015. Also, having one or two games a year does not solve it from being barren. 2013 had Pikmin and 3D World but was barren as hell.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
True, the Wii ended strongly, but it had good launch titles for the system and more variety of genres for it than the Wii U does.

The problem is the "new" 3DS is NOT a direct successor to the 3DS. Its a slightly more powerful 3DS, its not a sequel console to the DS. Its basically just another Game Boy Color.
A Game Boy Color with most of the wanted games on it.

One of the problems is how the media will see it as a replacement Console and hold off the Wii U with that.

Anyway, I still don't understand why people keep saying the NX will release next year. There's next-to-no chance of it releasing next year. It won't be until 2017 at the earliest. They'll officially show off whatever it is next year, then it'll sit around 1-2 years before its finally released (probably 2017).
What kind of console is it supposed to be? Is it supposed to link Nintendo accounts between all devices? A good majority of the games would most likely be held off for that console to help its launch (that is probably where we will see a new main Metroid title in development). Seeing another console on the horizon is not a good sign when one is already out.

The problem with this logic is its just not possible. Nintendo can't possibly port all their upcoming games to NX in such a short span. Its completely illogical. Retro Studios is working on one, if not two games for Wii U, and Next Level Games is also rumored to be working on another Wii U title as well. And Nintendo already has several titles throughout the first half of next year for Wii U. They didn't announce too much yet because they're saving it for future Directs that will be out closer to 2016.
The problem is that Nintendo would most likely want to hold off releasing games for the Wii U and release them on the NX as launch titles.

I can understand where N30N is coming from by saying it is barren. We have had some great games come out, but more could have come out if Nintendo would have split up their development teams to make more games at the same time.

They desperately need a re-branding now that they've lost the majority of the Wii's audience, so if Wii is in the title... I... I just give up.

That said I don't think it will be. They are incredibly stubborn and often have their head in the sand, but I do think that's one thing they've learned this last gen. Calling the Wii U the Wii U backfired hard on them.

As a business Nintendo will only listen to money, which is why they will react to their stock prices dropping.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Also I'm talking about 2016 and a hypothetical 2017, not 2015. Also, having one or two games a year does not solve it from being barren. 2013 had Pikmin and 3D World but was barren as hell.
One or two blockbusters with a ton of little games (like Animal Crossing Party) DOES keep it from being barren, though.

You're assuming 2016 is going to be barren because Nintendo didn't show off anything for 2016. But they still showed off a LOT of games. They're just all for this year. You're ASSUMING that they don't have just as many planned for 2016. Yet you have no evidence to back this assumption up.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I believe it's a hybrid system... and I agree it wouldn't inherently outright kill the Wii U, but considering Nintendo seems to be allocating all their resources away from the Wii U and to the NX, yeah, I think it will.

The Wii didn't end very strong... it petered out commercially after about 2010, and Nintendo's support for it all but dried up around Skyward Sword...

Even if it's not, Nintendo allocation of resources away from the current systems will cause them to starve harder than they are now (more in the case of the Wii U). Plus, Nintendo can barely support two systems with a constant output of games. It damn well can't do four (current two, NX, and mobile).

After 2008's failure of an E3, the Wii still received some huge titles before petering out: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Other M (though it was a flop), Skyward Sword (which is just as heated as any other 3D Zelda after the 64 before the fans come to love it), Donkey Kong Country Returns, Return to Dreamland, etc.

This was a middling E3. But I personally feel the WiiU can hold through 2016, 17, and possibly a fair bit of 18.

I haven't heard things being relocated to the NX, but I've not been digging too hard.

We will see what happens, but the system isn't dead and I feel ha a fair bit of time left to it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Exactly, that's why they didn't show those titles you're talking about, because most are probably in the process of being ported. Like Zelda. Why do you think Zelda, Nintendo's ace, wasn't shown? And I'm not saying they'll all be out by 2016, just that enough of them will be showable for the NX launch that it will drive sales. Consoles have launched quite successfully with only a few key titles, but it's that plus the promise of more that really hooks the audience Nintendo needs to appeal to.

Instead of being shown they're being ported to be shown next year. At least a handful of them.

And why are you assuming Nintendo will save big Wii U titles for Directs next year? They didn't do that this year. They didn't do that last year. They haven't really done that since that January Direct in what, 2013? E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year, even Nintendo knows that, that's why they have a "Digital Event" and not a Direct. This is when Nintendo reveals their big titles, and this is when Nintendo reveals the majority of their smaller titles, at least for the Wii U. What is illogical is assuming they're suddenly just going to change up that system.

2016 for the Wii U is poised to be like 2006 for the Gamecube, it's pretty obvious.

One or two blockbusters with a ton of little games (like Animal Crossing Party) DOES keep it from being barren, though.

You're assuming 2016 is going to be barren because Nintendo didn't show off anything for 2016. But they still showed off a LOT of games. They're just all for this year. You're ASSUMING that they don't have just as many planned for 2016. Yet you have no evidence to back this assumption up.
Yeah... and they've shown not to have a ton of little games in 2016. Again, look at what they announced at last year's E3 for 2015... like triple the amount of games they announced this year for 2016...

After 2008's failure of an E3, the Wii still received some huge titles before petering out: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Other M (though it was a flop), Skyward Sword (which is just as heated as any other 3D Zelda after the 64 before the fans come to love it), Donkey Kong Country Returns, Return to Dreamland, etc.

This was a middling E3. But I personally feel the WiiU can hold through 2016, 17, and possibly a fair bit of 18.

I haven't heard things being relocated to the NX, but I've not been digging too hard.

We will see what happens, but the system isn't dead and I feel ha a fair bit of time left to it.
Here's a more apt comparison than a press conference that might've been very weak but was still towards the beginning of a highly successful console's lifespan.

E3 2005. The tail end of a system to be replaced next year, Nintendo reveals only a handful of spin-off titles, most which release in 2005 and only a small few carry on into 2006, where the only blockbuster on the horizon is a delayed Zelda game revealed the year before which ends up also coming to their next system. It was a disappointing conference and one that much more closely parallels the one this year than the 2008 one.

The bright side is E3 2006 was stellar for them when they could finally lift the lid on Wii games.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Just a little update on Smashified: BOOTS! WE HAVE BOOTS! ISAAC HAS BOOTS! :love:
It's happening, this time. And if not, uh... Ragnaroks will rain.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Just a little update on Smashified: BOOTS! WE HAVE BOOTS! ISAAC HAS BOOTS! :love:

Chell, from Portal. Wearing the Long-Fall Boots. Because she's the first non-Nintendo character I thought of with boots on.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Only downside is it's still like a week and a half away. :/

Which I'm pretty sure is the longest a GS fan has ever had to wait for something!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I haven't seen her requested....
"No characters with high quality renders" - Inklings
"No fan characters" - Travis
"Characters with lots of requests" - Bayonetta

They may as well round out the trifecta.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Exactly, that's why they didn't show those titles you're talking about, because most are probably in the process of being ported. Like Zelda. Why do you think Zelda, Nintendo's ace, wasn't shown? And I'm not saying they'll all be out by 2016, just that enough of them will be showable for the NX launch that it will drive sales. Consoles have launched quite successfully with only a few key titles, but it's that plus the promise of more that really hooks the audience Nintendo needs to appeal to.

Instead of being shown they're being ported to be shown next year. At least a handful of them.
I'm pretty damn sure Zelda Wii U is NOT being ported. They've repeatedly stated over and over that its not happening, its on Wii U, its in 2016. Reggie even ACKNOWLEDGED the theories that it was being ported.

And why are you assuming Nintendo will save big Wii U titles for Directs next year? They didn't do that this year. They didn't do that last year. They haven't really done that since that January Direct in what, 2013? E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year, even Nintendo knows that, that's why they have a "Digital Event" and not a Direct. This is when Nintendo reveals their big titles, and this is when Nintendo reveals the majority of their smaller titles, at least for the Wii U. What is illogical is assuming they're suddenly just going to change up that system.
I'm not assuming they will. The problem is that they simply had too many existing games from past years to talk about so they showed off less from next year. Once it gets closer to next year, they'll show off more titles from next year. Its a simple concept.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind if Camelot put Isaac in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. Now that I think of it, both Mario Tennis and Super Smash, well... have Smash in their titles. Camelot worked on both. Isaac for Smash confirmed. And for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash too. Might as well as add him to MK8. I would love all of that. Fight as Isaac, play tennis as Isaac and win races as Isaac.

Am I going to far?
Plot twist: Isaac becomes an assist trophy again, but is playable in literally every other game.

3D render. I just found out that people saw Isaac's files in the Travis video. Could be him!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm pretty damn sure Zelda Wii U is NOT being ported. They've repeatedly stated over and over that its not happening, its on Wii U, its in 2016. Reggie even ACKNOWLEDGED the theories that it was being ported.
No they haven't, they've repeatedly stated over and over that it's still coming to the Wii U and that's it still going to be a 2016 game, which I never said it wasn't. It's just very likely to also come to the NX.

I'm not assuming they will. The problem is that they simply had too many existing games from past years to talk about so they showed off less from next year. Once it gets closer to next year, they'll show off more titles from next year. Its a simple concept.
With a simple solution: trim some of the other parts of the Direct like the Mario thing at the end or the developer stories. Or simply extend the runtime, they set their own rules for this kind of thing. They've had conferences before which covered more games than this one did, yet also managed to cover games coming out the following year.

They literally spent 20 minutes covering the first three games of the Direct, they could obviously have structured it to be a bit quicker pace if they felt they had more to show.

It's not that there was "too much" to show, it's the exact opposite, which is why so much of the Direct was spent with Nintendo dragging their feet. We can't pretend the presentation was exactly fast-paced.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Plot twist: Isaac becomes an assist trophy again, but is playable in literally every other game.
Isaac in Splatoon, Isaac in Mario Kart, in Yoshi's Wooly World, in Xenoblade Chronicles X, in Zelda U, in Star Fox, in F-Zero U, in Mario Maker, in Fire Emblem If...

Eeeeh... I could get behind the idea. :smirk:
I'd definitively have nothing to do with this Smash Bros, though. :ohwell:

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Isaac in Splatoon, Isaac in Mario Kart, in Yoshi's Wooly World, in Xenoblade Chronicles X, in Zelda U, in Star Fox, in F-Zero U, in Mario Maker, in Fire Emblem If...

Eeeeh... I could get behind the idea. :smirk:
I'd definitively have nothing to do with this Smash Bros, though. :ohwell:
Isaac in Fallout 4, in Uncharted 4, in No Man's Sky, in Halo 5, in Gear of War 4, in Rare Replay.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
(Besides, maybe Camelot WILL do an HD Golden Sun next. Maybe they decided that they wanted to do something bigger with GS this time? That way if its the last game in the series it goes out with a bang.)
This'll be the last game. Then it'll be insanely huge. And revive the series. Like FE Awakening was supposed to be the last, then well...it wasn't.

Isaac in Fallout 4, in Uncharted 4, in No Man's Sky, in Halo 5, in Gear of War 4, in Rare Replay.
And Dead Space 4. Its funny because the main character's name in that is Isaac.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Isaac, nuff said. It can't be any more obvious than that. :p

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290

Its the Shoe Goombas from Mario 3 obviously.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
OK. So a lot went down while I was gone, let me just run over stuff:

Nintendo at E3:
It was lackluster. Lots of stuff people knew was coming: FE:Fates, FExSMT, Star Fox. People knew it was coming. As for Metroid, well, I wasn't ever all that into it to begin with.

E3:
There are four types of news in the world:
Good news you Expect (Good)
Bad news you Expect (Not Good)
Bad news you don't Expect (Very bad)
Good news you don't Expect (The best)
Only one company at E3 had anything of the bottommost of that list: Square Enix. The entire world was blindsided by the announcement of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. In all honesty, if it wasn't for that, this E3 would have blown right by me without noticing it. Halo 5? That's par for the course at this point, ladies and gentlemen. New Battlefield? Can I have a pillow please? New Mass Effect? Oh wait, we already knew that that dubious prospect was in the works. Final Fantasy VII Remake? After a good ten years of the exact same stuff from Square ("We want to do it but, it's too big of an undertaking or we don't have the manpower or we don't have the money or we want to focus on new stuff.") to get that dropped on you... THAT'S what people want at E3. THAT'S what E3 is about, and Square delivered it in spades.

Golden Sun IV:
Pretty sure we need Isaac to win the ballot in Smash4 before Golden Sun IV has any chance of happening. Right now, that's really our only weapon to bring about GSIV. Dark Dawn wasn't nearly as successful as the other two. They'll be really hesitant to approach the IP again without incentive. Isaac getting into Smash4 would be that incentive. It would show both Nintendo and Camelot that the game still has many fans, and those fans are eager for a new game.

Isaac and Smashified:
Sure. OK. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Isaac in Smash4:
Keep voting people. Keep voting.

NX:
Pretty sure I heard this had something to do with Nintendo's foray into the telephone world, and not a replacement for the 3DS or Wii U.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
OK. So a lot went down while I was gone, let me just run over stuff:

Nintendo at E3:
It was lackluster. Lots of stuff people knew was coming: FE:Fates, FExSMT, Star Fox. People knew it was coming. As for Metroid, well, I wasn't ever all that into it to begin with.

E3:
There are four types of news in the world:
Good news you Expect (Good)
Bad news you Expect (Not Good)
Bad news you don't Expect (Very bad)
Good news you don't Expect (The best)
Only one company at E3 had anything of the bottommost of that list: Square Enix. The entire world was blindsided by the announcement of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. In all honesty, if it wasn't for that, this E3 would have blown right by me without noticing it.

Golden Sun IV:
Pretty sure we need Isaac to win the ballot in Smash4 before Golden Sun IV has any chance of happening. Right now, that's really our only weapon to bring about GSIV. Dark Dawn wasn't nearly as successful as the other two. They'll be really hesitant to approach the IP again without incentive. Isaac getting into Smash4 would be that incentive. It would show both Nintendo and Camelot that the game still has many fans, and those fans are eager for a new game.

Isaac and Smashified:
Sure. OK. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Isaac in Smash4:
Keep voting people. Keep voting.

NX:
Pretty sure I heard this had something to do with Nintendo's foray into the telephone world, and not a replacement for the 3DS or Wii U.
I'm sorry.
But the new Doom game (and Nier 2 but nobody cares about it) also drop down on that 4th category.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'm sorry.
But the new Doom game (and Nier 2 but nobody cares about it) also drop down on that 4th category.
You're right. I will acknowledge that: Bethesda DID have a good showing. I had forgotten about them. Probably because I was still stewing in salt over Ryu and Roy when they had their press conference (or in a plane on my way to the West Coast). They were second this year.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Dammit I see clues everywhere, am I crazy on this one? :psycho:

They talk about Goku, and it seems like a joke. But they talk about his hair. Just imagine how is Goku's hair in Super Saiyan mode.
They're f*ckin' Golden, to me. The hairdressing isn't exactly the same but Isaac also has pretty Golden hair, imo. :smirk:

Last edited:

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
Whoa a lot's gone down since I was afk.
My 2 cents on Nintendo current gen:

A) 3DS is NOT going to be phased out until at least after Wii U is (knowing that they're doing that early). It's only been 4 years people, jeez; 3DS is like their second-best-selling handheld ever.

B) I wouldn't expect NX before 2017. Think of all the Wii U owners: 4 years with a console before support is dropped usually indicates that that company is going out of business (eg. Dreamcast lmao).

C) For GS, speak with your ballot vote. It is possible that GS is indev now, but there's a long distance between development and store shelves, and Nintendo support (or lack thereof) is crucial here. No announcement before 2016 tho; best-case scenario is Isaac wins ballot in November, GS4 announced in a Jan/Feb Direct.

As for Smashified, as per usual they favorite all my tweets -_- the most recent being "Isaac or riot"

EDIT: just gonna leave this here http://www.camelot.co.jp/public-wpFIu30X/?page_id=1110 . If someone can translate it well, then great; Google ain't givin me anything good.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
NX:
Dunno where you heard that but it's not phone related. It's confirmed to be a gaming platform.

A) 3DS is NOT going to be phased out until at least after Wii U is (knowing that they're doing that early). It's only been 4 years people, jeez; 3DS is like their second-best-selling handheld ever.
They both seem to be winding down tbh but 3DS will probably stick around a little longer than the Wii U if only because it's more successful by a wide margin. That said, it probably will see a decrease in output what with Nintendo's new platforms.

B) I wouldn't expect NX before 2017. Think of all the Wii U owners: 4 years with a console before support is dropped usually indicates that that company is going out of business (eg. Dreamcast lmao).
It indicates the company wants to get their bomb off the marketplace earlier than initially planned, which is likely what Nintendo is doing. Microsoft replaced the original Xbox after four years and now they're doing fine, it's not a sign of doom, it's just a sign that the company wants to get their successor out sooner than later because their current product isn't performing to their desires.

And yeah, think of all the Wii U owners, all 10 million of them. Compared to the 20-something million of the Gamecube, the 30-something million of the N64 and the like 100-something million of the Wii... it's not a lot. It makes sense why Nintendo would want to try again.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Whoa a lot's gone down since I was afk.
My 2 cents on Nintendo current gen:

C) For GS, speak with your ballot vote. It is possible that GS is indev now, but there's a long distance between development and store shelves, and Nintendo support (or lack thereof) is crucial here. No announcement before 2016 tho; best-case scenario is Isaac wins ballot in November, GS4 announced in a Jan/Feb Direct.

As for Smashified, as per usual they favorite all my tweets -_- the most recent being "Isaac or riot"

EDIT: just gonna leave this here http://www.camelot.co.jp/public-wpFIu30X/?page_id=1110 . If someone can translate it well, then great; Google ain't givin me anything good.
Tried to put this in Google Translator, but it was a total mess.

Top Bottom