• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have no power to do such a thing.

Currently, the roster is unavailable to the public and decisions are among the higher ups of the development team, which I am not a part of.

Sorry to disappoint. Though if it's any consolation, Isaac may be in discussion considering (I believe) he was part of the planned roster back when it was public.
Aww.

Well alright then. Fanks anyway tho~

Back to not caring about sprite-based Smash fan games for me!

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Didn't know a thing about Super Smash Flash (SSF2), and assumed you guys were actually talking about Super Street Fighter 2. OTL
It looked like you were talking about Isaac becoming playable in Super Street Fighter 2 and got really confused for a second.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Didn't know a thing about Super Smash Flash (SSF2), and assumed you guys were actually talking about Super Street Fighter 2. OTL
It looked like you were talking about Isaac becoming playable in Super Street Fighter 2 and got really confused for a second.
it is super street fighter 2, the 21 year old super nintendo version will be patched to include a random Nintendo RPG character

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What do you guys think Isaac's reveal tagline should be?

You mean have an English accent?
Not if he doesn't already, no...
Isaac rocks everyone's socks off? Should be a Venus pun
Leave THAT gimmick to Shulk!

Golden Sun never had voice acting.....
He said 'Blast!' Only Brits in ye ole days said that, and hey, I'm Dutch

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think Isaac should have a British accent, although I'm not sure he should have an american accent either. I can't really see Isaac as American.

Maybe a light Irish accent would be interesting. I feel like he should have an accent from a country that has plenty of countryside and isn't seen as really urban. Considering he lives in a secretive village tucked away out of sight.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think Isaac should have a British accent, although I'm not sure he should have an american accent either. I can't really see Isaac as American.

Maybe a light Irish accent would be interesting. I feel like he should have an accent from a country that has plenty of countryside and isn't seen as really urban. Considering he lives in a secretive village tucked away out of sight.
Part of me is screaming "ye gods no", part of me is cautiously excited about this prospect.

Dara O'Briain for Isaac or riot.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
David Hayter (Solid Snake) should do the voice of Isaac. If we're talking the Dark Dawn version :p I always imagined Beared Isaac having a Snake-like voice.

What other voices would you add to the main characters?

D

Deleted member

Personally, I'd rather Golden Sun NOT have voice acting whatsoever. I kinda like to imagine the voices of the characters as opposed to having directions.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd rather not have Isaac sound like Bart. Not to mention Nancy Cartwright doesn't really do gaming voice work unless it's for a cartoon character she voices.

Plus Isaac is 17, not 10. She voices 10 year olds.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I looked the guy you said up in Google, and it says he's a stand up comedian, so I'm convinced that you were trying to make us laugh. It didn't work.

Besides, I think we can all agree Nancy Cartwright is a better option.
Well that's rude.

But okay, I'll explain the joke.

@ Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 suggested Isaac should have an Irish voice. Since Sabre and I are both Irish, I thought I'd crack wise by satirically suggesting an actual Irish person to do the voice. Dara O'Briain is an Irish comedian based in the UK who would be the absolute furthest thing from what Isaac should sound like.

Hence the suggestion. Hardy-har-har~ :3

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well that's rude.

But okay, I'll explain the joke.

@ Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 suggested Isaac should have an Irish voice. Since Sabre and I are both Irish, I thought I'd crack wise by satirically suggesting an actual Irish person to do the voice. Dara O'Briain is an Irish comedian based in the UK who would be the absolute furthest thing from what Isaac should sound like.

Hence the suggestion. Hardy-har-har~ :3
Irish voice actor? Hmm.... That's easy. Just offer the job to Devon Murray.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Isaac voice should be strong, like I said, something similar to Lloyd Irving VA would be good.

However, Isaac is the typical silent calm hero, so he might as well as stay quiet, even when attacking, just so show that he can stay cool and collected during a battle.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
...british accent? Bart's voice? Yelling the name of every single move?

You guys make me realize i really want him to be silent most of the time. XD

unlistedNiL

Smash Cadet
I think Isaac should speak British, what about you guys?
I think isaac should mostly be mute, like Link, imho! It was weird to see him talk in the second game. I wouldn't mind a grunt or anything similar to was Link has. This would be canon and require less work! BUT that's just me.

Top Bottom