• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not playing The Broken Seal until Lost Age gets released in NA so yeah sometime soon would be nice.
The Broken Seal? Is that the sub name for the original Golden Sun? I've never seen it mentioned that way....

I've been thinking about Isaac while playing, oh how wonderful it would be to play as Isaac in HD. I'm sure there would be a choir of angels involved.

I need to get my hands on the GameCube adapter and controller. The Wii U controller is pretty awkward.....maybe I'll get used to it.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yeah it's the sub name. It actually had it for the JP release. Basically referencing the seal that was broken in Sol Sanctum.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Happy birthday and more Golden Sun related stuff in Smash would indeed be awesome, let's hope Sakurai gives it to us as a Christmas present.
Thanks!

Also, today (at least it is already here in France) is #GoldenSunday, don't forget to post things about Golden Sun if you can, everyone!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I would love to see a GS stage that actually incorporates all of the Elemental Lighthouses.
Hmm, that gave me an idea. Perhaps the Golden Sun stage could be similar to the Kalos Pokemon League stage, in that it constantly switches between the Elemental Lighthouses. The stage could start at the roof of Mercury Lighthouse, then switch to Venus Lighthouse, then Jupiter, then finally Mars. Each lighthouse starts off unlit, but during the match the beacon will light up, affecting the stage in the process.

When Mercury Lighthouse ignites, any player near the beacon will be launched away and frozen in the process, and the floors will become wet and slippery.

When Venus Lighthouse ignites, players near the beacon are launched a great distance or even KO'ed, and the stage could break apart just like in the original Golden Sun.

When Jupiter Lighthouse ignites, players near the beacon will be blown away, similar to that one move Master Giant does--afterwards, the players will repeatedly be blown around in random directions by strong wind currents, similar to Smash Run, where you would get blown around unexpectedly.

When Mars Lighthouse ignites, players near the beacon will be launched away and burned at the same time, and the stage will break apart just like in The Lost Age--also, parts of the stage will have those red spots that kill you instantly if your damage is 100% or higher.

The Final Destination version of this stage could be a floating platform that gives you a beautiful view of Weyard and the four lighthouses.

[EDIT] Oh, and perhaps the Elemental Djinn could be stage enemies that join your side if you defeat them, similar to Ridley on the Pyrosphere stage.

[Shrugs] I really just pulled that out of mine posterior. Maybe not the best idea.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
It's just 150 comments left to make the 10000. What do you guys think, can we make it before we all dive into the unknown and theoretically hyper-realistic future of 2015?

Also it's just 149 now. I'm bad at maths.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's just 150 comments left to make the 10000. What do you guys think, can we make it before we all dive into the unknown and theoretically hyper-realistic future of 2015?

Less than 150 posts in more than half a month?

Shouldn't be that hard. I left for a couple weeks and when I came back the thread had jumped like 1000 posts forward or something crazy like that. :psycho:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

149 posts before 2015 isn't difficult at all. We'll get there and without spamming.

Do you think we'll get a direct in January or February? I'd expect us to get Mewtwo footage in the next direct. It'll probably be too early for more dlc announcements though.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'll probably start playing GS1 soon. Really getting tired of these spammers and cheese please tactics in FG. Would like to use customs but I can't do that online with randoms. Which is bull. I can give them a **** you Flare Blitz but damn is it annoying.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I expect a Direct in January but I don't expect to see Mewtwo footage until the spring.

Maybe a few screenshots at most, but I'm not counting on that either.

I also reckon we'll learn about more DLC before Mewtwo releases, but not until the release is pretty imminent.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I expect a Direct in January but I don't expect to see Mewtwo footage until the spring.

Maybe a few screenshots at most, but I'm not counting on that either.

I also reckon we'll learn about more DLC before Mewtwo releases, but not until the release is pretty imminent.
This year the first direct was in February (first major one at least) so it makes me more optimistic of Mewtwo footage if the next direct is in February.

I'm not sure about the last point. I suppose I could see a new announcement a week or so before Mewtwo is released. If they're considering some kind of expansion pack I could see them announcing it at E3.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't mean we'll get a trailer or even an announcement of what's to come, just a confirmation that there will indeed be more characters on the way. That's what I think will happen before Mewtwo releases.

But I am just guessing ofc.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Thanks!

Also, today (at least it is already here in France) is #GoldenSunday, don't forget to post things about Golden Sun if you can, everyone!
Oh yea happy belated birthday. Thanks for spreading the #GoldenSunday movement :)

150 posts will be really easy for us guys. We average more than 10+ posts a day and there are still 17 days to go! But our Isaac announcement or probably atleast more DLC announcement will come in the next Direct, I think in February.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
150 posts in 17 days shouldn't be difficult, also, once Isaac gets announced, I bet this thread will be filled with lots of pages, like it was filled with 3-4 pages when the 3DS version released and we were only talking about the possibility Isaac would be in.

Also, Isaac should be released soon on Super Smash Flash 2, so let's consider this the entry before going to the main course, that would be Isaac in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Oh yea happy belated birthday. Thanks for spreading the #GoldenSunday movement :)

150 posts will be really easy for us guys. We average more than 10+ posts a day and there are still 17 days to go! But our Isaac announcement or probably atleast more DLC announcement will come in the next Direct, I think in February.
Thanks, I won't give up, I'm going to make people act, like us, instead of just complain!

Edit: I wrote something on /r/GoldenSun on Reddit, so if you're also on it, please take a look? #GoldenSunday
http://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenSun/comments/2p9js1/goldensunday/

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Today I should get a Sunday a #GoldenSunday

Guys, I Can't do much but Raise your psynergey of HYPE, because Golden Sun is not going anywhere!
Still that 20 anniversary going on? I hope soo. I hope for a Japanese direct too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe we will not see Isaac, but a new Adept as playable character.

Not that this will be a huge problem to most I guess, but it's just something to keep in mind.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Maybe we will not see Isaac, but a new Adept as playable character.

Not that this will be a huge problem to most I guess, but it's just something to keep in mind.
Problem with that is, Isaac and Matthew are very similar (I mean Matthew is pretty much an expy of Isaac) so there's no good reason that we'd get Matthew and not Isaac also. Golden Sun 4 will probably focus on Matthew again.

I'd much prefer Isaac since really the first two Golden Sun games are the whole reason we're here in the first place. If it was just Dark Dawn as the sole entry in Golden Sun Matthew would only have a fraction of the support Isaac has.

I believe Sakurai will see that Isaac is the character who has pulled their weight.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, I wouldn't be opposed at all with a :4marth: & :4lucina: treatment of Isaac and Matthew. Make Matthew the 'easy' character like Lucina, but make Isaac the (unlockable) harder to use, but is far more rewarding to learn. They should use the very same moveset though.

Am kinda feeling that if they gonna use Matthew in Golden Sun 4, Isaac will eventually join in as a playable character as well (probably late in the story, being overleveled as ****).

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Un an unrelated sidenote, I'm really hoping you lot know about the works of the user SkyberrySymphony.
I honestly had tears in my eyes when I first listened to this guy/gal's music. Absolutely gorgeous.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Actually, I wouldn't be opposed at all with a :4marth: & :4lucina: treatment of Isaac and Matthew. Make Matthew the 'easy' character like Lucina, but make Isaac the (unlockable) harder to use, but is far more rewarding to learn. They should use the very same moveset though.

Am kinda feeling that if they gonna use Matthew in Golden Sun 4, Isaac will eventually join in as a playable character as well (probably late in the story, being overleveled as ****).
This is a great idea, however, Isaac and Matthew can easily work as a same character, but with Matthew being an Isaac alt. However, I can see this happening with Isaac and Felix, being Felix the slower, but stronger version of Isaac (like Mario and the Pits).

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
When it comes to Golden Sun music remixes, I'm a huge fan of 0rangaStang's work.

He's done pretty much the entire OST. Here's the playlist, if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBD3FB7C5BE643E05
Yeah, 0rangaStang also has awesome remixes, but I've been hearing SkyBerrySymphony and he also has some awesome remixes, although it is a pretty recent channel.

Also, @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 , I like your new avatar, that Robin and Lucina photoshop into Pokémon ORAS Ace trainers sprites is pretty cool.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, 0rangaStang also has awesome remixes, but I've been hearing SkyBerrySymphony and he also has some awesome remixes, although it is a pretty recent channel.
I do like SkyBerrySymphony's more sweeping orchestral works, but I'm going to need to hear a few more of them, and see how much variety we get in the overall score before I form a solid opinion.

Also, @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 , I like your new avatar, that Robin and Lucina photoshop into Pokémon ORAS Ace trainers sprites is pretty cool.
That it is, but it has the unfortunate downside of making me want Pokémon X Fire Emblem, which is never going to happen. :(

ferioku

Smash Ace
Anyone notice a lot of the sore Ridley supporters all over the internet? Whenever someone mentions about their hopes for their character as a DLC, I tend to see a Ridley supporter either insult or downgrade the character being supported.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ABBKl7bAk
Just look at the top comment's replies! At least their character is somehow getting represented...

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Since we're talking about Golden Sun remixes, Saturos02 has done a lot of Golden Sun songs on piano. Pretty cool.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
That it is, but it has the unfortunate downside of making me want Pokémon X Fire Emblem, which is never going to happen. :(
Try Pokémon Conquest, to me it screams out loud Pokémon X Fire Emblem (although the story isn't divided by chapters), however, it is a shame that the main story is so short and can be easily cleared in 10 hours, but it has a lot of post-game chapters.

Back to on-topic: Isaac for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Un an unrelated sidenote, I'm really hoping you lot know about the works of the user SkyberrySymphony.
I honestly had tears in my eyes when I first listened to this guy/gal's music. Absolutely gorgeous.
When it comes to Golden Sun music remixes, I'm a huge fan of 0rangaStang's work.

He's done pretty much the entire OST. Here's the playlist, if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBD3FB7C5BE643E05
Both of these music pieces have now got me feeling nostalgic, reminding me of the day I first got Golden Sun, now I'm even feeling a bit emotional, so thanks to both of you, and I 'm sure Isaac will be in the fight come Spring :)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
On the subject of GS music, here's a really nice orchestrated version of "The Elemental Stars" by deviljerome on youtube
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAyY3BH1ps
(I would post a video box but I don't know how to :nervous:)
Going to use your video to explain. All you have to do is to copy the link, open the media tab that is on top of the text box, paste the link there and let Smashboards do the magic.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
@ Falgor Falgor Happy Birthday or since we know each other thanks to Twitter : Joyeux anniversaire =D

I loved all the remixes you posted here guys, it brought back so many memories of those awesome games <3

Please Sakurai hear our payers and put Isaac in smash !

I don't remeber if this questions was asked already but which victory poses you would like to see for Isaac?

I personally would see one with a Djinn coming out of him, turning around in the air and "sit" on Isaac's shoulder ^^

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Alright here's a rock remix of Venus Lighthouse theme, and thanks @ JohnnySparkxs JohnnySparkxs for explaining that

You're welcome and a discussion about awesome Golden Sun remixes is never completed without that master piece. Just to think that I saw that awesome remix when it had only 500 views and now it has 84.000 +, glad that it grew that big, it really deserves it.

Top Bottom