• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Today's Isaac day in the RTC thread! (Again)
Make sure you go and give him 100% want scores!

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Yeah, I understand disliking clones in general, but let's not go blaming the clones for the lack of whichever character we want that doesn't make it in. Clones are included because they are easier to add than wholly unique characters, being that they are largely copy-pasted versions of existing characters. Cutting Dr. Mario wouldn't mean he'd be replaced by a non-clone character. It's almost like getting mad that they've included so many alt. costumes for different characters instead of brand new characters - they're not really comparable. Granted, it depends on how similar they really are, which we've yet to see - so yeah, if Dr. Mario suddenly has his own moveset, I'll be annoyed that they chose him over other, more interesting characters, but I'm guessing that will most likely not be the case.

Unless you wanted Isaac to be a clone. Then get as mad as you like, I guess? Personally, I don't think Isaac would really fit as a clone for any of the currently revealed characters. People like to bring up Robin, but I don't feel like Robin's spells would translate that well into the play-style I see Isaac having. He's a venus adept, so I see his attacks being less spell-like and more like the manipulation of the environment. I guess you could change the hitboxes/other properties of the arcfire spell and re-texture it into something Isaac could use, or something like that... but it just doesn't feel like a good match, to me.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Today's Isaac day in the RTC thread! (Again)
Make sure you go and give him 100% want scores!
I never really went to the RTC thread, but guess I would have to go there just to give Isaac raving scores :p

Isaac is a very diverse character and I still don't understand how he can be a clone of any of the revealed characters. Although he could be a compound clone i.e. taking characteristics from multiple characters but that does not really mean a clone anymore does it? No matter what happens in the days ahead, I won't give up on playable Isaac. If he remains unconfirmed, he can be a secret character or as many people said time-locked character or free-DLC locked character on the 3DS version. It would be interesting if not all characters are present on the 3DS game and are added by patch when Wii U version comes out (since they keep hyping more characters till Wii U release) or they could be spotpass locked.

If AT, I will keep rooting for Isaac as DLC. I really don't think about this case though!

Isaac for Sm4sh! I was ill yesterday so couldn't really add much to the thread but feeling better now so I am here for hyping it up! :p

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I wrote my oppinion on the thread too even though I haven't even done so. Supporting all the way!

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed that i am not on the list of supporters. Could someone add me there please?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I just noticed that i am not on the list of supporters. Could someone add me there please?
Tell @ N3ON N3ON to add you to the list.

By the way, everyone else, post on the Rate their Chances thread and give Isaac much needed votes :)

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice

Wow, this sounds WAY better than what I would've expected.
So pumped up! I want to play now!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Already did. No way I can pass up the opportunity to give Isaac a high vote. Surprisingly I wasn't the one to give him the highest ranking... huh...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think it all depends on how serious Sakurai takes dlc and if he actually wants to add something meaningful to the game.

If he's allowed to take some time to go work on some new characters we'll see some more inspired choices if he has a strict deadline or if he already feels the roster is "complete" we'll get lazy clones and maybe some cut veterans if we're lucky.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Already did. No way I can pass up the opportunity to give Isaac a high vote. Surprisingly I wasn't the one to give him the highest ranking... huh...
If I had my way, I would have given him a 100% chance. Well atleast I was able to give him 100% want. Can't wait for his inclusion in the game!

Still I hope Sakurai hasn't given us the best reveals so far and besides the lacklustre Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, we still have awesome newcomers to look forward to. Especially Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If I had my way, I would have given him a 100% chance. Well atleast I was able to give him 100% want. Can't wait for his inclusion in the game!

Still I hope Sakurai hasn't given us the best reveals so far and besides the lacklustre Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, we still have awesome newcomers to look forward to. Especially Isaac.
I'm personally kinda excited, but very cautiously optimistic. I think its clear we'll have one more reveal before launch, and honestly, the only character I can see who would hype up the game most of all would be King K. Rool as far as newcomers are concerned (Mewtwo for veterans). None of the remaining leaked characters scream "final reveal" to me. (If this was to promote the western release, I'd say Ridley, but even then K. Rool appears to be more requested than even Ridley from what I've read.)

Isaac has loads of untapped potential, but his popularity has decreased dramatically, so if he was included he's probably a secret character. Which is fine by me, another excellent secret character potential. But naturally I have to be cautiously optimistic. As far as uniqueness is concerned, Isaac is top tier, but would Sakurai tap into that potential?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm personally kinda excited, but very cautiously optimistic. I think its clear we'll have one more reveal before launch, and honestly, the only character I can see who would hype up the game most of all would be King K. Rool as far as newcomers are concerned (Mewtwo for veterans). None of the remaining leaked characters scream "final reveal" to me. (If this was to promote the western release, I'd say Ridley, but even then K. Rool appears to be more requested than even Ridley from what I've read.)

Isaac has loads of untapped potential, but his popularity has decreased dramatically, so if he was included he's probably a secret character. Which is fine by me, another excellent secret character potential. But naturally I have to be cautiously optimistic. As far as uniqueness is concerned, Isaac is top tier, but would Sakurai tap into that potential?
I would probably agree with you but as you say Ridley appears to be more requested but in many places it seems that K. Rool wins the race. For the most hype, the last reveal would probably one of these 2. I doubt Isaac would be the last reveal no matter how much I want him to be, as his popularity is just not what used to be. He is not the cool new kid on the JRPG block, Shulk is. Most of Japan has forgotten him whereas his popularity has dropped in the West as well, although he is still fairly popular which is saying a lot considering the game in which he was in maximum spotlight was 13 years ago! Nintendo should see what gem they had in the game during the GBA era!

Although I would just love a solo trailer for him, like what Shulk got due to the immense potential and diversity he can bring in the moveset, it seems unlikely and he would probably be paired be with someone else. A returning veteran most probably like how Captain Falcon was with Lucina and Robin. But solo Isaac reveal = mindblowing awesomeness! A secret inclusion would still be great but not as amazing as a trailer reveal!

Isaac has the potential to be the most UNIQUE character, I totally agree on that. He has tons of moves, tons of summons, djinns, everything. I don't see how Sakurai won't be tap into the potential. If he can make Shulk work with the various Monado arts, I don't see what could stop him from making Isaac work. And seeing how some of the characters that Isaac got pitted against in popularity polls and won against (eg. Shulk before Gematsu), got in the game, I don't see what is stopping Isaac from getting in the game. Although he may be a 2nd party creation, he is a 1st party character since his rights are owned by Nintendo. Camelot does not need to push Isaac, Nintendo should have done it themselves and put him in the game!

Wow, this sounds WAY better than what I would've expected.
So pumped up! I want to play now!
That sounds amazing! You are making me want to play Golden Sun: TBS again , when I just finished it... while I am going through TLA....

Isaac for Sm4sh!

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

This is the game he would do it in. All of the newcomers, bar Villager and greninja kind of Mega (and Pally imo[though Greninja and Megman don't need unique playstyles because they do their character well without it]) have very unqiue movesets compared to the past. In each installment we'd get on smash4 quality newcomer in terms of quality (Ice Climbers and Shelda in melee, Olimar and kind of PT in Brawl) but we have Robin, Mac, Rosa, WFT kind of, Pac to a degreeand others I might be forgetting. He's expanded his ability to capatlize on uniqueness, if he puts Isaac in, I trust his ability to make him well now.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Can someone link me to the Rate their chances thread please? Also, on today's POTD, we got another AT and it wasn't Isaac, so I guess that Isaac's chances are still high and besides, the number os ATs are reaching their limit, so maybe Isaac will be playable this time.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Can someone link me to the Rate their chances thread please? Also, on today's POTD, we got another AT and it wasn't Isaac, so I guess that Isaac's chances are still high and besides, the number os ATs are reaching their limit, so maybe Isaac will be playable this time.
This page:

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...aac-chorus-men-and-dixie-kong.351920/page-239

Wait, I got :4greninja:'d

Atleast I linked you to the latest page :p

And great to hear that! Isaac survives another day! To be playable!

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Thanks BSTCloud and LasermasterA. I just went ahead and dropped my opinion, now let's hope that Isaac appears as a playable this time around.

Isaac for Sm4ash.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Out of all the assists that could have been promoted there were really only a few that ever felt likely to me. Saki and Staffy was deconfirmed ages ago,:4littlemac:was confirmed ages ago, but no word on Isaac. Unless Ray has found a Super Mushroom or 3 there isn't any other assist left that could be playable. If Mother had 2 then why can't Golden Sun have 1.
The way I see it the 5 empty spaces on the leak roster go to:mewtwopm::popo::wolf::lucas:and :4Isaac:

Now just give me a couple of weeks and some luck and that last smiley will be a real thing. None of my major wants have failed me yet (except Micaiah, but as in her case I wont mind if I get Mathew instead)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Out of all the assists that could have been promoted there were really only a few that ever felt likely to me. Saki and Staffy was deconfirmed ages ago,:4littlemac:was confirmed ages ago, but no word on Isaac. Unless Ray has found a Super Mushroom or 3 there isn't any other assist left that could be playable. If Mother had 2 then why can't Golden Sun have 1.
The way I see it the 5 empty spaces on the leak roster go to:mewtwopm::popo::wolf::lucas:and :4Isaac:

Now just give me a couple of weeks and some luck and that last smiley will be a real thing. None of my major wants have failed me yet (except Micaiah, but as in her case I wont mind if I get Mathew instead)
May your words ring true :) Definitely Isaac is the only AT which is left who can become playable.

I really want that :4Isaac: smiley to become a reality!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And it will. Isaac will be there, let's keep on supporting him.
That is what we all are continuing to do :)

By the way, your avatar is from that flash Super Smash fanmade game? They recently added Isaac in it right?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
He hasn't been confirmed as an AT yet. That's a good sign. He should be Confirmed or De-Confirmed this week or next.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
That is what we all are continuing to do :)

By the way, your avatar is from that flash Super Smash fanmade game? They recently added Isaac in it right?
He was announced, but he hasn't been made playable yet. The game is surprisingly well made, so I'm really happy with his inclusion.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
He was announced, but he hasn't been made playable yet. The game is surprisingly well made, so I'm really happy with his inclusion.
Yeah, I think so too.
People always go full "hurr durr animu characters herp derp what a weaboo crap, what is Goku doing in my smash", but the game is actually pretty cool and faithful to how smash actually works.

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Posted my opinion in the one Rate Their Chances thread. It was hard not to put Isaac's want at 9001%, but I kept myself in check and put 100%. :T

I'm thinking that Isaac would be a secret character rather than one to be revealed. I know I would freak out if I saw "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" and saw a little silhouette of Isaac on the screen...o:

Also, yes, another AT confirmed and it's not Isaac. *holds breath*

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Posted my opinion in the one Rate Their Chances thread. It was hard not to put Isaac's want at 9001%, but I kept myself in check and put 100%. :T

I'm thinking that Isaac would be a secret character rather than one to be revealed. I know I would freak out if I saw "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" and saw a little silhouette of Isaac on the screen...o:

Also, yes, another AT confirmed and it's not Isaac. *holds breath*
Well I did say that some other guy's and my want was over 9000.

It is becoming much more likely that he will be a secret character. But I still want an epic reveal trailer like Shulk got! It would be the first HD FMV with Isaac in it!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm going to need a link to that Flash Smash if Isaac is going to be playable.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Isaac is the only other character I highly support that I am a little worried about, but I really hope he's in. His inclusion may be what finally gets me to play a Golden Sun game.:p Anyway, I might as well ask a question too. Do you guys think there will ever be a 4th Golden Sun game?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Isaac is the only other character I highly support that I am a little worried about, but I really hope he's in. His inclusion may be what finally gets me to play a Golden Sun game.:p Anyway, I might as well ask a question too. Do you guys think there will ever be a 4th a Golden Sun game?
If the VC sales are any indications, probably yes. At the very least, it is certainly not impossible.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Isaac is the only other character I highly support that I am a little worried about, but I really hope he's in. His inclusion may be what finally gets me to play a Golden Sun game.:p Anyway, I might as well ask a question too. Do you guys think there will ever be a 4th a Golden Sun game?
I'll answer that with another question.
What do you think Camelot's working on right now?

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Goodness I would hope so. And I would hope it doesn't take another 8 years, haha.
Since GS3 is practically relying on a sequel to wrap it up, I would expect Camelot to make another game.

You should play Golden Sun even if he's not included in Sm4sh! The series is fantastic!

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun 4, the sequel of Dark Dawn is never, never, never, going to happen.

If Golden Sun returns, it will be either a spiritual successor of Golden Sun, a new series with simmilar mechanics or a reboot of the series starting from expansion-remake-combination of the GBA games.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Golden Sun 4, the sequel of Dark Dawn is never, never, never, going to happen.

If Golden Sun returns, it will be either a spiritual successor of Golden Sun, a new series with simmilar mechanics or a reboot of the series starting from expansion-remake-combination of the GBA games.
*facepalm* Are you kidding me? Why would they reboot the entire series? DD didn't sell that bad, you know. And why would they put the games on the VC if they were going to remake them?

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Goodness I would hope so. And I would hope it doesn't take another 8 years, haha.
Since GS3 is practically relying on a sequel to wrap it up, I would expect Camelot to make another game.

You should play Golden Sun even if he's not included in Sm4sh! The series is fantastic!
Believe me, I really want to play Golden Sun. Just with all these new games Nintendo is throwing in my face lately, I have been saving my money for those rather than spending it on the eShop. Once this awesome line-up of Nintendo games calm down for a bit, Golden Sun will be the first game I buy!

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm* Are you kidding me? Why would they reboot the entire series? DD didn't sell that bad, you know. And why would they put the games on the VC if they were going to remake them?
This has nothing to do with sales. This is caused by time. The first Golden Sun games were released with a difference of just one year. And thats very important, if you make a game with an open end, you need to release a sequel to that game as soon as possible. Otherwise the time will decrease the interest in the series. With Dark Dawn, although this was bad, with a potential sequel to Dark Dawn would be much worse. Basically Dark Dawn had the advantage of being a completly new history that takes many years after the original games with small references to those, you could play Dark Dawn perfectly without knowing anything about the GBA titles. However, Dark Dawn sequel must take place in a short time and because of this, they cannot make this sequel. Because it would introduce the players in the middle of a history that they dont know.

And this is why i think that fortunelly for us, Dark Dawn killed himself.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'll answer that with another question.
What do you think Camelot's working on right now?
I think GS4 is what Camelot is working on now. I heard that Camelot wanted to continued the series but was too busy on other things at the time. Now is the perfect time to start GS4, especially if Isaac does turn out to be in Smash Bros.; Isaac being in Smash Bros. would be a good boost for GS4. That said, even if Isaac ISN'T playable I think GS4 is still happening.

This has nothing to do with sales. This is caused by time. The first Golden Sun games were released with a difference of just one year. And thats very important, if you make a game with an open end, you need to release a sequel to that game as soon as possible. Otherwise the time will decrease the interest in the series. With Dark Dawn, although this was bad, with a potential sequel to Dark Dawn would be much worse. Basically Dark Dawn had the advantage of being a completly new history that takes many years after the original games with small references to those, you could play Dark Dawn perfectly without knowing anything about the GBA titles. However, Dark Dawn sequel must take place in a short time and because of this, they cannot make this sequel. Because it would introduce the players in the middle of a history that they dont know.

I think what they will probably do is include the events of Dark Dawn in its sequel. Basically, it'll be a sequel to Dark Dawn, but it'll recap the events of Dark Dawn (and in a better way). I still think Dark Dawn will get continued, though.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to know more about the original cast, get some concepts from GSDD such as Light and Dark Psyenergy Adepts (was it?) and carry on from where The Lost Age left off. (They could make it so you use a NEW party, but you get to meet/fight the original 8 Adepts).

But if they ARE making GS:DD2, no complaints from me. I still had a blast with DD.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
There was a difference of 1 year between Golden Sun and TLA because they were originally a single game. They were conceived together.

Dark Dawn was left open-ended, a sequel is possible, regardless of how much time has passed since its release.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

Long time between releases =/= no sequel. Think about it this way: Kingdom Hearts II was released in 2005. Dream Drop Distance, the next game to actually continue the plotline (all the games released between them were prequels, midquels, and the secret ending was the only part of Re: coded to count) was released in 2012, seven years later. Maybe not the best example, seeing as there were still games coming out, but still.

Last edited:
Top Bottom