• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Is time for a break, or maybe a side kick, what do you think?

IYM!

Smash Lord
I was out of the boards for a while, so i decided come back with a topic :)

Zelda games have a lot of history, and a lot of tittles, Zelda NES, a Link to the past, twilight princess, wind waker. etc. each tittle have an unic story to tell, even if the main argument is th same, the land of hyrule, some characters, and the desing of Link, Zelda and Ganon are diferents.

For some reasson, Zelda has never get out of thier structure, all Zelda's game are the same, the hero of legend, chosen by the gods, save the land and the princess for the villian. Would not it be great to see the game from a different perspective?

Mario games, have examples, like luigi's mansion, or sonic, with Shadow the hedgehog wich told a story since another view.

Or just for fun, like a Mario kart, or resident evil with thir mercenaries 3DS

my point is, would you like see link an the others, in a game with a different concept? just for fun

maybe explainig the origin of the triforce. or what the villagers do in their peacefull times, or killing enemies for points or having a race on hourses or whatever.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Of course. I have been reading Monkey (Journey to the West) and have realized so many of his adventures have heavily inspired Zelda lore. There is a story about a kingdom founded in worship (with exclusivist peace) of three immortals representing the Dao (which can be translated to the Triforce). There is a story about a kingdom whose king was killed and usurped by a wicked magician, once his closest friend and a savior to the people, bringing rain and good weather to a longing drought. This is basically exactly what happened with Agahnim in A Link to the Past. There are stories where Monkey faces, fights, and befriends dragons, rulers of their own dominion. They often award him some form of loyalty or gift. This parallels his relationships with the dragons from Skyward Sword. Monkey has met and called upon light spirits to help him in his quest to vanquish evil in various scenarios, alluding to Twilight Princess. Like in The Minish Cap, Monkey is able to change his size and often resorts to a diminutive scale to evade larger foes.

Monkey is the most widely known piece of eastern folklore, originating in China some 300-400 years ago. The Japanese are well learned of this tale; it was the foundation of Dragonball wherein Goku is Monkey.

One key aspect of the novel is the presence of many temples. The Temple of Treasure Wood and the Temple of Darkness are two that come to mind. There are many others I can't recall right now. Furthermore, there are great tales in the novel not yet adapted into the Legend of Zelda which I think could bode very well. Monkey's journeys to the heavens could be scribed with Link venturing to the Sacred Realm and interacting with the sages, the goddesses, and perhaps an even higher echelon of beings not yet explored. There are more deities than the three golden goddesses—Hylia is proof enough of this.

But alas, my ideal purports a Legend of Zelda wherein Link is dumped into a new realm and granted the utmost freedom to explore it. Skyward Sword was completely linear; bordering on Super Mario forwardness. I want completely non-linearity, as Zelda originated.

Link has had sidekicks. They have just never been playable. A new sidekick equal in potential, but different in size, personality, and ability would be welcome. I loved that Zelda was your sidekick in Spirit Tracks. If only we could play a main console title where you play as both Link and Zelda equally.

etecoon

Smash Hero
what the villagers do in their peacefull times
they sit in their houses, just waiting for you to come along and break their pots...and potentially rob their graves and abuse their livestock...

as far as sidekicks go, they've tried a lot of different things, I'd kind of like to see link left on his own again as it was up until OoT. it won't happen because nintendo wants to make sure this guy is down your throat at all times

but it might be time

nessokman

Smash Lord
I would like zelda from her perspective. Link is captured so she turns into sheik to save him. Have metal gear rising style combat with ninja tools and magic

IYM!

Smash Lord
i always loved the fight system of the 3D Zelda games, i would love play something like "chose a character and clean the stage" but with many options. using the z-targeting system, but makin faster the use of some items, like the bombs.

Chose your favorite character,
Link ( ALttP Link or OoT Link or TP Link, SS Link, etc.) Little Link (NES Link, WW Link, OoT child Link, etc.)
Zelda (all incarnations) Sheik (all incarnations )Little Zelda (all incarnations)TetraGanondorf (all incarnations) Impa (all incarnations)
Sages, Gorons, Zoras,Dekus, Gerudos,etc,

Chose your area. like an open fields like ALTTP or OoT fields, a forest like faroon woods, or lost woods, a dungeon with many puzzles inside, a lake or a river, or a mountain, etc

Start with your promary weapons, lke a sword with shield, or a double sword or 2 short sword or a hammer. . , i dont know.
and get more items throughout the game like a bow or the boomerang a potions, etc. Maybe get a hourse to move faster just able in opens fields of course,

Add some clasics bosses, imagine fight volvagia as a goron with the hammer, just as we told in goron city after 7 years.

maybe a story to bring scence in this whole thing. and a multiplayer option, chose the character, your main weapon and 3 or 5 items

My idea is pretrty basic, but for one time would be good get out of the main story for a while. and personaly, i would love play something like that.

see tetra or tingle, killing monsters on skyloft or the twilight realm, or a Zora in a dark world's dungeon would be priceless for me.

Maybe you would have a better idea ^.^

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Hoho! This reminds me of an idea I had a little while ago. It was the idea for a Zelda game where you could play the story from the prospective of Link, Zelda, and Ganon to get different views on what happens throughout the story, kind of like in Tales of Xillia where you could play through both Millia and Jude's stories to get different prospective on what happened and such, but a bit less restrictive. Also, I had an idea where you could play as the three aforementioned characters together, as a team, to defeat some bigger evil that threatens to destroy all three of them. I mean, Sonic and Mario have teamed up with Eggman and Bowser before, I don't see why, through some means, Link and Zelda can't team up with Ganon to meet an ends that benefits them all.

Hmm... mayhaps Hyrule Warriors will open the floodgates to ideas such as these becoming a reality. :O

Top Bottom