• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this the infinite or whatever?

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
this was in melee to an extent. It was called Z-throwing/grabbing. In melee you couldn't control where nana threw the opponent, but it seems that they have fixed that. Behold fellow Ice Climber players our grab game has returned.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
this was in melee to an extent. It was called Z-throwing/grabbing. In melee you couldn't control where nana threw the opponent, but it seems that they have fixed that. Behold fellow Ice Climber players our grag game has returned.
And it's better than ever. ;D

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
From what I've heard it is incredibly difficult to time so hopefully it won't get as much controversy as wobbiling.
And you think wobbling was easy to time? no. It took practice and patience to do it well, and plenty of pro IC players couldn't do it reliably.

I'll be practicing this grab once i get a copy for myself... it might or might not take longer to learn than the wobble... but as they say: "practice makes perfect"

Binx

Smash Master
someone posted something about resetting your escape frames and this being wiggleable? If you don't headbutt and had the timing down pat unless the chain throw mechanics have changed you shouldn't be able to escape this over 20-30% and if you aren't expecting it you shouldn't be able to get out even at 0% does that seem right to you guys (not as in okay, but does it sound correct)?

If yes I could definitely see a ton of scrubs whine and cry about how broken it is (which it very well might be depending on how easy/hard it ends up being to grab successfully in this game.)

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
well so far it looks like shield grabbing is a lot easier, and even if nana grabs and you don't you can still start a chain grab w/ her.

It depends, but it looks like spacing is the best way to prevent shield grabs now, instead of insanely fast shuffles.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
someone posted something about resetting your escape frames and this being wiggleable? If you don't headbutt and had the timing down pat unless the chain throw mechanics have changed you shouldn't be able to escape this over 20-30% and if you aren't expecting it you shouldn't be able to get out even at 0% does that seem right to you guys (not as in okay, but does it sound correct)?

If yes I could definitely see a ton of scrubs whine and cry about how broken it is (which it very well might be depending on how easy/hard it ends up being to grab successfully in this game.)
You could always grab with the other Ice climber if they wiggle out. Although since the Ice Climbers in general have been nerfed, the infinite seems like it requires really good timing, and also still has the same flaws as wobbling like needing Nana right next to you it probably won't be like the rebirth of wobbling.

Binx

Smash Master
Well its easier to keep nana near by now and harder to gimp her at low percents due to her increased recovery, lack of wavedash really hurts but overall they could still be amazing, one grab and your done vs all characters is very possible this time around and if that's the case it does not matter how difficult it is to do, the technique will be banned if it causes ICs to be the only viable character, which shouldn't happen but I guess we will see in 5 or 6 months how this technique effects the community as a whole.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
i just tried it. i got it after about 10 minutes. not too difficult to time.
sadly once someone pulls this off in a few tournies, it'll probaby be banned.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well vidjo wobbling wasn't banned totally so maybe it wont, personally though as a Sheik main I really wouldn't mind if it was but I'm just saying that out of hard feelings.

Top Bottom