• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this practical?

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
so i was just messing around with TL, trying to find a way to give him a better chance at going up against higher tiers on a more consistant basis.

so i got this little combo. keep in mind this is a lvl 1 ganon on FD, but isnt that why im asking the question above.

there was a longer combo that i did that ill put at the bottom but this is the real issue.
so fulljump nair (hit them with the coming out part on the way up) then uair coming down.

i know its not EPIC but ive been able to work some pretty nice % out of it, but it seems like its pretty DIable and all that jazz.

full combo was : SH fair > jab > grab > uthrow > usmash(not needed but tacks on %) > uber combo above.
yummmm

Zjiin

Smash Master
Beginning of nair to falling uair? I'll test it out tonight against some peeps. Sounds hilarious though.
<3 baby linx!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
...true that. The T and Y are pretty close together...

However, the combo would work better in Brawl, and he does have Brawl Falco as his avatar.

*readies flames*

rhan

Smash Hero
so i was just messing around with TL, trying to find a way to give him a better chance at going up against higher tiers on a more consistant basis.
I stopped reading. :/

Edit cause I'm nice:

full combo was : SH fair > jab > grab > uthrow > usmash(not needed but tacks on %) > uber combo above.
This is DIable. But if the person you're playing aginst gets hit by the fair and is in jab range you can jab him into getting up (at high percents) into a grab. But it's better to throw down cause then you can just tech chase a heavy character and if they're a light character then you can just follow up with a uair or dair then go on from there.

If it works, why not? Bair is better though, I think.
Reverse grabs FTW!

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
man that typo was all bad.
ill clear things up right now.
i HATE brawl. it ruined smash imo. i also dun really like TL.
i guess im guilty for the avatar. <3 falcgeta.

but fasho, thanks guys on your opinions.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
What's wrong with all you guys? Why would you hate Toon Link, he's the only thing fun in brawl. Nothing like running away and throwing **** for 8 minutes to help someone decide maybe brawls not worth playing anymore ;)

also: Hiemie

rhan

Smash Hero
What's wrong with all you guys? Why would you hate Toon Link, he's the only thing fun in brawl. Nothing like running away and throwing **** for 8 minutes to help someone decide maybe brawls not worth playing anymore ;)

also: Hiemie
I cannot tell if this is sarcasm or not....

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
OoT > windwaker
god i hope i got that little symbol right.
flamethrowers are bad. fire is bad.
unlessitsfromYLsarrowsHA d^_^b

rhan

Smash Hero

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh.

Oot> WW > Barwl. nuff said.

Haven't your parents raised you better, Rhan? WW is great. :p

rhan

Smash Hero
WW is ok....Just not better then OoT or MM (too many abreviations).

Young Link has a spot in my heart for life! :3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Although, I think WW > TP. Why? It seems more original, while TP seems as though it twists OoT, which is also awesome in its own way.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Although, I think WW > TP. Why? It seems more original, while TP seems as though it twists OoT, which is also awesome in its own way.
MM was the only "Original" Zelda game in that it abandoned the overly done "Princess is kidnapped(Usually by ganon, sometimes by others) you must go to 8 color coded temples for some reason or another to unlock the power to defeat said foe and save the day.

WW came close but in truth it was just a standard Zelda game(Pretty though)

TP had the bonus of being very well written with an actual story to it with the "Ganon captures Zelda" thing almost tacked on. If not for that last part it would have been a pretty original game.

OoT is overrated. It was innovative for it's time but in the same vein as FF7 it was only perfect until something did it better(although I'd argue that FF7 wasn't even better than FF6 >_>) OoT stands the test of time by still being fun years later, but game play is only one half of the equation. The characters weren't particularly deep or interesting, the story was even more basic than the game that proceeded it and GOD DAMMIT NAVI NEEDS TO DIE! In that sense I'd actually say TP is better than OoT in that it will, like OoT continue to be fun over the years but will also have those interesting characters, a more fleshed out story and(thankfully) no mention of "Holy Triangles." Seriously. Say that out loud. HOLY TRIANGLES. That is not epic/deep/meaningful, its hilarious.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok I just said HO-LEE TRIANGULLSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I agree with you, FF6 was way better than FF7. Although, My favorite is FF5, which I really miss. Also, why DID I GIVE MY FF6 TO SOMEONE I DON't KNOW? : <

I'd say TP and OoT are close, actually. Playing TP just reminded me of OoT. Although TP was deeper, though. I liked that.

rhan

Smash Hero
OoT is overrated. It was innovative for it's time but in the same vein as FF7 it was only perfect until something did it better(although I'd argue that FF7 wasn't even better than FF6 >_>) OoT stands the test of time by still being fun years later, but game play is only one half of the equation. The characters weren't particularly deep or interesting, the story was even more basic than the game that proceeded it and GOD DAMMIT NAVI NEEDS TO DIE! In that sense I'd actually say TP is better than OoT in that it will, like OoT continue to be fun over the years but will also have those interesting characters, a more fleshed out story and(thankfully) no mention of "Holy Triangles." Seriously. Say that out loud. HOLY TRIANGLES. That is not epic/deep/meaningful, its hilarious.
I can agree with all of this. OoT was great for it's time. But with everything great there is gonna be something better (Only exception is Brawl). With the whole TP is better then OoT I can't say because I haven't beat the game. But I have played up to the first dungeon and I was hooked. WW is fun at times, but just searching and searching for one tiny island just to get something to proceed further in the game bored me. And MM is just awesome IMO. Didn't have a real story line but it had so many other things going on that kept me busy.

Right now he's my conclusion of the 4 games talked about.

MM > TP (> or =) OoT > WW

GOD DAMMIT NAVI NEEDS TO DIE!
HEY LISTEN! HEY LISTEN! HEY LISTEN!

I love Navi! :3

Ok I just said HO-LEE TRIANGULLSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
I'm gonna say this a lot for the next month an a half....

HOL-E TRYANGALES! :psycho:

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I would say WW = MM > OoT >> TP

Wind Waker and Majora's Mask were amazing. Wind Waker 'cause of the items. I mean, c'mon. You could steal enemy weapons and use them against them, and you had the Skull Hammer and the Boomerang and all that stuff. It just gave you so many options. You could steal items from people with the Grappling Hook! How cool was that?! Majora's Mask... the mask system was really cool. I dunno, I just like having more options than just hitting people with my sword.

Ocarina of Time was a classic, but Majora's Mask had better graphics and a better story line, in my opinion. It's only a little below the two games above on my list.

Twilight Princess had SO MUCH potential but they totally wasted it. The Dominion Rod, the Spinner, the Gale Boomerang, the Double Clawshot... all those items were SO COOL, but they were SO USELESS unless the game LET you use them, which wasn't often. And the Wolf form? That coulda been SICK. I mean c'mon. The Hero Shade HAD a Wolf form. Why couldn't he have taught you a few Hidden Skills for the Wolf?!

Mortal Draw was pretty badass though.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Twilight Princess had SO MUCH potential but they totally wasted it. The Dominion Rod, the Spinner, the Gale Boomerang, the Double Clawshot... all those items were SO COOL, but they were SO USELESS unless the game LET you use them, which wasn't often. And the Wolf form? That coulda been SICK. I mean c'mon. The Hero Shade HAD a Wolf form. Why couldn't he have taught you a few Hidden Skills for the Wolf?!

Mortal Draw was pretty badass though.
I completely agree with how they seemed to not put TP to it's full potential. If they hadn't rushed it for the release of the Wii and not targeted a younger/family demographic, this could have been a great game. Fortunately, they realized this and since the Wii's release they have been working on a LoZ game to satisfy the dedicated fan. I sure hope it's what we need. (i just hope i haven't sold my Wii by then)

rhan

Smash Hero
Wii isn't worth it. I never use mine. It's just a place mat for my GC. :/

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
i kinda wanna sell mine but im sure the second i do some good game will come out.
eh but nothings better than melee

Top Bottom