• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this known?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I was playing around with zelda and her edgeguarding techniques when i came across this one.
What happens is you would press jump while she's hanging on the edge, and normally she would jump up from the edge, but i press din's fire immdeiately and she was instantly on the platform. I'll show
x=zelda
-=platform
0=dins fire attack

First off you'd be hanging off the edge

x-----------------------------
normally if you jump you'll end up here, which normally you'd use dair or wathaveu.

x

--------------------------

this however is whereyou land if you press jump, then immediatly do a din's fire(sorry about the diagram in this she's standing on the ground.)

-------------------

Here the din's fire explosion explodes right in front of her. I'm not sure if this was known already, but if it wasn't i find it could be used as a surprise attack of the edge bcuz it works pretty fast.

Also, i tried this with other characters, and zelda is the only one that can do it. All the other characters keep the momentom of the jump, and make them rise when they perform a b-attack.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Yeah. I think it was pretty well known, not sure though. It's a great tool since you're protected by the Din.

I hadn't thought about using it as an edge-guarding technique though, since you can easily be hit out of a Din.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'll have to expiriemt with it's usefullness... If zelda maintains invincibility frames long enough, this could be a GREAT skill

popsofctown

Smash Champion
someone discovered this first, they put up a thread about doing this with Din's Fire and with Nayru's Love.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
If run right off the edge, then jump back towards the stage and do a Din, you can do this from quite far away, since the jumps momentum gets transferred to the Din.

Top Bottom