• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this board dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demondude

Smash Apprentice
I am waiting for smash brawl to come out and I'm so excited... but this board seems dead... please tell me is this game gonna be aweseome?

Crystallion

Smash Ace
You probably shouldn't have asked this. For...various reasons.
Anyway, I'm still waiting too, but I doubt that Brawl would be a bad game. We'll just have to wait and see, and form our own opinions, the community isn't really that reliable, especially if you have 50 % saying Brawl is great and the other 50 % sticking to Melee (and complaining on the Brawl forums)...
Sorry to tell you, but it's not long till it comes out ;) Just wait for it!

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
First of all; this board should be dead. Nothing good has come out of the Gen. Brawl boards in ages; only flame wars and destruction happen here.

On the subject of Brawl... can't anyone develop their own opinion anymore? Just play the freakin' game. If you like it, hooray! You found a game you like. If not? Hooray, you found a game you don't like. Either way, it's only a preference of entertainment.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Smashboards was at its peak probably 6-7 months ago, when all the hype surrounding the character and stage rosters was about.

But Smashboards is indeed dead now, with the vast majority of people on these boards already owning the game, nobody really comes here anymore. Well not to the same extent as before.

I wouldnt have doubts about Brawl being a good game. I personally think it will be one of the greatest games I have ever played. Theres no way to know for sure yet though.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards was at its peak probably 6-7 months ago, when all the hype surrounding the character and stage rosters was about.

But Smashboards is indeed dead now, with the vast majority of people on these boards already owning the game, nobody really comes here anymore. Well not to the same extent as before.

I wouldnt have doubts about Brawl being a good game. I personally think it will be one of the greatest games I have ever played. Theres no way to know for sure yet though.
smashboards is not dead...

the brawl board is pretty much useless though.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Its just that 5 months ago it was so full of traffic....
Of course, because of the mass speculations, the ""insert character here" for Brawl!" threads etc. The boards aren't really dead, just...there isn't much to talk about left, you only see Melee vs Brawl threads nowadays, and some few good threads. But all in all, the forums ARE a bit deserted now, which is only logical.

Ørion

Smash Ace
It depends what you are basing "dead" upon. Compared to how the boards would have been previous to the release of brawl, ya, there are not nearly as many threads. Compared to a lot of other websites however, this still gets huge amounts of traffic and posts every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom