• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer Chao

Smash Rookie
Well, I wouldnt know, but with a big advantage like that, I would say that it is.Unless of course tournaments are just Everything-Goes.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
well, its not a very huge advantage, cept you can throw 3 bombs below u, but that doesnt help too much

technomancer

Smash Champion
Not banned, not useful, you'd get hit in the back while throwing the boomerang lolz

Banned if you use it to stall, obviously.

Killer Chao

Smash Rookie
I acctually see plenty of advantages within it.Bomb 3 times as you mentioned, down spear attack, then smash attack.I dont know if that seems useful to you but it does to me.Plus, you can manage to start an air combo the way iI see it.

Metà

Smash Master
I actually use this technique a lot in friendlies, but I've never tried it in a tournament, mainly because I don't play Link/Y. Link in tournies. I see no reason why it should be banned, really. It's not something you're going to want to do a lot anyway, since it doesn't give you much of an advantage; I use it as a mindgame-type thingy--makes people shout WTF?!

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
I acctually see plenty of advantages within it.Bomb 3 times as you mentioned, down spear attack, then smash attack.I dont know if that seems useful to you but it does to me.Plus, you can manage to start an air combo the way iI see it.
1. Anyone who can't dodge 3 slow falling bombs shouldn't deserve to play the game
2. dair doesn't end until you touch the ground, or for a really long time, so you can't really do anything after it.
3. To smash, you have to be on the ground.
4. You'd be too high to start a combo. I think you go a bit higher than the "kill" ceiling, so anyone up there would die anyways.

Not very useful. =/

Elen

Smash Lord
It's not banned unless it's used for stalling. Also, it only works in version 1.00 NTSC. It's pretty useless for just jumping in the air however it can be used for edgeguarding with different variations of the glitch. Search for hookshot frenzy, it's a good video with frame data and the uses of this glitch.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
i think it is becaus its a glich and it wastes time and its useless
Whats wavedash?
Whats Everything else we all know and love in Smash
pretty much everything is a glitch
Super wave dash isnt banned
why would this be?

THE AVENGER

Smash Journeyman
Whats wavedash?
Whats Everything else we all know and love in Smash
pretty much everything is a glitch
Super wave dash isnt banned
why would this be?
actully wat i ment was that it slow and useless. i never use it if its usfull than hows it usfull and y shoodent it be banned.i see no resone y it shood be alowed in mlg and i know i suck at spelling

Deva

Smash Lord
You can actually drop a lot more than three bombs. You could use it in a tournament after KOing someone as a stall for when they have their invincibility frames and then bomb drop instead of throwing bombs down and you can get about six bombs for cover. Then again it only works on the first version of the game so whatever.

KrF2

Smash Cadet
1. Anyone who can't dodge 3 slow falling bombs shouldn't deserve to play the game
2. dair doesn't end until you touch the ground, or for a really long time, so you can't really do anything after it.
3. To smash, you have to be on the ground.
4. You'd be too high to start a combo. I think you go a bit higher than the "kill" ceiling, so anyone up there would die anyways.

Not very useful. =/
1)well they can camp (they can periodical come down to not get disqualified for stalling and go back up to camp agian)
2)lcancel
3)well yeah
4)nahh but you can camp and them go down to keep from being disqualified for stalling
if your attacking your not stalling. So they can camp up there.

KrF2

Smash Cadet
You can actually drop a lot more than three bombs. You could use it in a tournament after KOing someone as a stall for when they have their invincibility frames and then bomb drop instead of throwing bombs down and you can get about six bombs for cover. Then again it only works on the first version of the game so whatever.
so does it work on v1.2 or is the timing different?

AkaGoodguy

Smash Journeyman
as a link player, i find it to be totally useless, banned or not. takes too much time to set up, and too few pros. would be fun in friendlies i guess, but to me, its just flat out useless.

Deva

Smash Lord
so does it work on v1.2 or is the timing different?
Yes it doesn't work on 1.2 so it wouldn't be useful in a tourney since most use 1.2. Though it's a glitch, it's still allowed because most tourneys don't even use 1.1. It's only use is to get away from your opponent after you kill them to stay away while they have invincibility frames though there are much easier ways to do that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL i don't think it against tournament rules (most tournaments or big ones at least), and I don't find it that cheap (it just a little cheap), the 1st time I did this I was told by a friend, and I used it against another friend (it ended out helping me), and it practically helped me tie up the game and win (2 1/2 hour ten stock lives .5 damage ratio 1 on 1, no item, u tell me if that match is long), and I won, and only did 2 more damage to him then me (me link vs friend ganondorf), and it saved me the 1st time i used it. I hope it useable in tounries...i could start using it more...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Actually, I thought of a pretty good way to use it, and im surprised nobody's thought of it.

It's not the most practical, but you can use it to escape your opponents invincibility frames.

Like, right after you kill them, throw the boomerang out, jump down and all that, and you should pop up before they get a chance to get to you (if done right), and then you can wait out their invincibility.

Again, not the most practical thing ever, but it IS an option instead of trying to dodge them.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually the reason it took so long is we both, at the time and still hate getting hurt and will do anything to dodge damage. An example is if I was to dodge his attack, and hit him, he would just use a combo on me, and vice versa. We found that out the 1st two lives, plus we had a 30 minute break inbetween, and boy was that tense. We were both ready to totally dominate the other with every ounce of power and skill we had. Sure this took place 3 years ago, and we could probablly do much better now (though I don't know if he plays anymore all I know is his best now Link like me, instead of being Ganondorf like it was previously, and my best still Link, but that would be sweet). We were both totally in the zone, at our best, and we could have dominated any other player at our school without dying once. We were both heavily impressed by each others moves and styles, and we both didn't know that you could attack at that speed with the other character. Plus, I tried firing arrows, then he tried reflecting them with his shield, and then I reflectthem back (OOT irony possibly?), and we did that a lot in match! Plus the lowest damgae any of us died with was like me with a little less than 400%, and him with just less than 500% (njk it was crazy,odd, and wierd, plus using the edge hog move I made him get 3 or 4 SDs). Overall it was fun, challenging, and man I wish I got it on video tape (we ran and moved a lot on that Final Destination Course, lol...we were surprised it lasted so long...we had to watch tv for an hour to recover, then fought a game of the two of us versus two bots (powned....did we even die?). Plus, we spent the first part of the match distracting each other, or attempting at least, lol! (we both failed misrubly). WAY toooo close 4 any possible confort, lol!...dang..

I have also looked at this glitch a few more times and now I think it against most major tournaments, and most smaller ones. The major ones only really late in the tournament, and probablly never in a Major League Gaming tournament...really depends the host and theri calibur of hosting (no offence to any host of course....just not many hosts are as big, or even more unlikely bigger than Major Leauge Gaming).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom