• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is this a good DOC?????

mario-man

Smash Lord
Nice. You have a good Doc, but stick with Mario cuz he's just better.

Gea

Smash Master
It is alright. Too much dash attack, you need to FF your shffls. Use fulljumped dair, work on your jab game a bit more, JC those grabs... Just get more fluid. Less fair... hmm work on edgeguarding.

You're pretty much to the point where you have to learn to think while you play. Your movechoice needs a bit of work, as well as wavedashing (more fluid) and you could stand to waveland.

You certainly aren't terrible, but, like most of us, you have much to work on.

Oh yeah: More Dsmash. Lots more. And try to get out of your rolling at bad times habit.

Roman.

Smash Champion
Pretty good doc if you ask me. Yeah, start thinking more during your matches. You know how to do pretty much everything with doc probobly but now you just have to know when to use certain techniques.

Just play more and more and different people. Go to tournies and play many different people. You'll get better as you play people better than you.

mario-man

Smash Lord
He's a Mario main last I checked guys. He just wanted to know how good his Doc is just to know. LOL

Gea

Smash Master
He's a Mario main last I checked guys. He just wanted to know how good his Doc is just to know. LOL
I don't go LAWL 4/10!!!! It doesn't tell you anything. Giving constructive criticism is the best way to get better... and most of the things I mentioned goes for Mario as well.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Yeah, but you're telling him to go to tournaments and stuff. His Mario is better.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
If i remember right (and correct me if im wrong), arent you the guy I was playin when i first got to pound?

Yeah you gotta good doc, i actually thought you main'd doc. But from sitting down and watching, i can tell (or i would guess that) you main mario for one reason only.

You backwards wd -> f.smash waaaaaaaay too **** much. That just doesnt really fly well imo cause Doc doesnt have the f.smash range of Mario.

You also up.tilt alot, which isnt specifically a bad thing; but Doc's uptilt tends to send opponents more outwards as opposed to Mario's, which sends them upward (i think mario's ALWAYS sends them upward, i could be wrong though).

Another thing I notice is I personally thing you f.air too much at low percents. It works with mario cause you'll obviously get your m.smash -> whatever you want; but with doc, you really cant do too much with the knockback you get at low percents, most of the time. All that's my opinion, and im actually calling the kettle black, cause I do this all the time myself. I'm just pointing it out.

And yeah, you dash attack too **** much. :p

But other than that, yeah; your doc's perfectly fine.

The one thing that struck me is you actually dont u.air approach anywhere as much as you did at pound. What happened with that?

Gea

Smash Master
Uair approaching either works *REALLY* well or you get punished alot, it just depends on who you are playing against.

This is in my experience, anyways.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
(is cyphus)
i'm just waking up and watched the vid first thing...but his doc seemed really good to me, and i didn't notice anything. but then i read ya'll comments, i guess they make sense..but it just didn't stand out that much in my mind..but maybe i'll rewatch it again once i'm more awake.

Top Bottom