• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is that noob Rok still decent at this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Is he??

I haven't heard from him recently... you know, since I last ***** him. :laugh:

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
well last time i saw him was on the Ike boards at allisbrawl... flaming a guy for not liking Ike before he saw a good ike player or something...

Betaz

Smash Ace
let me answer your question with another question....why do you care?
besides isn't it a good thing he's gone? >.>

null55

Smash Master
I don't know or care, but I do hope that he is actually winning tournaments.

Do you play tournaments xYz? If you are better than "the best Ike player ever" than I hope you are.

I played him last night at my smashfest and beat him 3 out of 3 games in ike dittos. He could've been off his game...or I am just that awesome, but take it as you will lol.
haha... really?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I was off my game. Every game he won I was up by 2+ lives and then suicide multiple times and started making poor moves. I was off my game but t hat's only once in a while. period.

xYz: And stop being ghei for me and making these topics. Seriously, people are going to think you're a RoK-fanboy after a while.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I was off my game. Every game he won I was up by 2+ lives and then suicide multiple times and started making poor moves. I was off my game but t hat's only once in a while. period.

xYz: And stop being ghei for me and making these topics. Seriously, people are going to think you're a RoK-fanboy after a while.
you always are arent you

Bwett

Smash Ace

Dude, I'm getting tired of your johns. Just accept the loss and beat me next time if you are so compelled. Also, you didn't suicide ever match. If you had an off game, that's fine. Everyone does, but I wasn't commenting on your skill at all. All I said was that I won all of our Ike ditto matches. No reason for excuses, they just annoy people.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I'm not impressed by the trash talking and excuse making.

You all play a sucky character anyways. Most people these days tend to have an ike counterpick. (Seeing how he is very easy to counter).

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Baky, it's not like the entirety of the Ike board is completely ignorant of this fact.

Yes, there's one group on smashboards.com that has ostracized themselves in an attempt to cling to their futile hopes that Ike will rise to the top of the tiers. <_<

Unfortunately for you, Ike doesn't "suck." He's not as good as other characters, but a good player isn't going to just get tossed around-regardless of who they play as.

chaotic002

Smash Apprentice
My friend recently picked up ike and beatmy mk because i make 3 mistakes i'm dead he makes a lot of mistakes and still lives lol.

I stopped believing in tiers when a mewtwo user in melee beat bombsoldiers falco.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately for you, Ike doesn't "suck." He's not as good as other characters, but a good player isn't going to just get tossed around-regardless of who they play as.
A "good" player can easily get tossed around by someone who is adept at camping. Lucario's aura-sphere short hop spamming will keep an ike in place. When ike apporaches using his slow *** moves, (aside from aaa), a player can easily counter by using a tactic that has dominated smash brothers games forever. Shield Grabbing. Or you can get a character who cannot camp, Marth, and use his wonderful edguarding abilities to 3 stock an Ike by keeping far far away from the stage. Those great recoveries Ike has really contributes to his kill-death ratio.

To sum this up. Unless if your friggin Azen or someone with comparable skill level. Hang it up.

Ike is fun to use, (especially in free-for-all) and he dominates online, but he isnt competition material.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
When ike apporaches using his slow *** moves, (aside from aaa)
So you mean the setup for
His tilts
His grabs
His smashes?

And his quickest most often used move? Yeah I can see how that would easy if you fight an ike who never jabs, ever.

Ike isnt top tier, he never will be, but using htat logic people should give up anyone who isnt marth G&W DDD snake or meta

Baky

Smash Journeyman
So you mean the setup for
His tilts
His grabs
His smashes?

And his quickest most often used move? Yeah I can see how that would easy if you fight an ike who never jabs, ever.

Ike isnt top tier, he never will be, but using htat logic people should give up anyone who isnt marth G&W DDD snake or meta
How about you read what I typed? I mentioned that his AAA was an exception. His tilts are slow, up-tilt can catch a person off guard occasionally and the range of forward tilt is exceptional but the move is quite slow. Down-tilt deserves no mention. Every smash he has is quite slow. Yes he can kill someone who is off guard at a very low percentage. Did you notice I said off guard? Ike has several moves that he will be punished for using, (like CF).

And im not going by a tier list. Ike has too many flaws vs the other commonly used characters. I play Lucario, Shiek, Wolf, and R.O.B. I do not expect to lose to an Ike anytime soon when I play any of them. (Although, Shiek is excessively light so I would expect an Ike to get an easy kill).

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Baky, you don't have to approach with moves. Powershielding, rolling, jumping, and general mindgaming on the approach and NOT attacking to close space throw many people off. I know what you're talking about; pit playing arrow games under the ledge and crap like that, or a falco shl kick to your face, etc. Ike is at a disadvantage, but online is really where it shows-it's much tougher to power shield there.

Spacing for the win. Shieldgrabbing is much less of a risk, provided you space correctly and play smart. I'm not saying he's fantastic, but he's definitely not a guaranteed lost cause.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
You didn't actually read what I said, did you? A fast ike is hugging his jabs dude, to say "oh his moves are slow except for the one that can set the rest of the slow moves up" is silly.

comboking

Smash Master
why do people say Ike is only good in FFA's and online matches. Online matches are hardly any different from offline matches.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
if you win online in brawl it isnt the same trust me ive played pros and won then in real life i lose. even the slightest lag can change the whole game.

and lacampoy8 love the sig jaffar should have been in brawl.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
You didn't actually read what I said, did you? A fast ike is hugging his jabs dude, to say "oh his moves are slow except for the one that can set the rest of the slow moves up" is silly.
Since when has AAA won a match? Since when have AAA moves been un-shield-grab-able? Yes spacing is key, but it'll only work so much. Ike's neutral air is great as well. Lets not get away from the fact that most of his moves are easily punishable. (Like CF)

Baky, you don't have to approach with moves. Powershielding, rolling, jumping, and general mindgaming on the approach and NOT attacking to close space throw many people off. I know what you're talking about; pit playing arrow games under the ledge and crap like that, or a falco shl kick to your face, etc. Ike is at a disadvantage, but online is really where it shows-it's much tougher to power shield there.

Spacing for the win. Shieldgrabbing is much less of a risk, provided you space correctly and play smart. I'm not saying he's fantastic, but he's definitely not a guaranteed lost cause.
I agree with you Koda. I remember fighting Ike initially and he was the best thing everrr. Although, I had a problem with spot dodge timing then. As I fought Ike a little more though it wasnt that hard to deal with, even with mindgames. You can see his stuff coming from a mile away but I am familiar with skilled players using spacing to their advantage. Creating the illusion that the space is appropriate for an opponent's less range move. Then WAMMM.

For a while Ike was [one] of my best characters, but people learned how to deal with it way to easily.

Miller

Smash Lord

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Even the best Ike's here say you usually need to be the better player to win with Ike. That's ****ing terrible.

Comboking, you need to have a nice long chat with a good player and get yourself educated. You make some of the worst statements I have ever seen, Jesus. You dont even have Wi fi, yet you claim it is no different than offline. Wow, that's really friggin smart.

comboking

Smash Master
I know more than you think,and I do play people IRL. I am also really good at brawl. I would get a video but I have no recording equipment. I will stop making stupid comments I have no Idea why I said any of that stuff.

-Peace

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I know more than you think,and I do play people IRL. I am also really good at brawl. I would get a video but I have no recording equipment. I will stop making stupid comments I have no Idea why I said any of that stuff.

-Peace
if you are even close to my skill, you are very average. If you are near Silven, you're pretty good. If you are like Inui, you are really good.

Dont ever *******ize good. Inui isn't even impressed with Silven, he'd probably say you suck.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
if you are even close to my skill, you are very average. If you are near Silven, you're pretty good. If you are like Inui, you are really good.

Dont ever *******ize good. Inui isn't even impressed with Silven, he'd probably say you suck.
Errr me and Inui never even fought...all he did was watch my matches. He's probably hearing from the people I fought in his crew like Emblem Lord and DmBrandon. I don't know how Inui can judge my Ike when he hasn't played. All I'll say is this...don't judge a player from videos...or even if you spectate their matches LIVE. Because it's a whole different ballgame when you actually play them. You get to see their thought process and their mindgames and you also get to see how they adapt to your playstyle. When you spectate, you're not getting any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom