• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Spamming your projectiles make you cheap?

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
I played some kid on Gamefaqs earlier and when i use Wolf I tend to use his blaster quite frequently to keep a character at bay. After I beat him a few times he told me that I was really cheap and didn't deserve to win.

If this is the case im going to stop using Wolfs blaster or is the kid being irrational?

MyReincarnation

Smash Cadet
NNID
Theoriginal87
If people are too stupid to know how to get around a projectile then just spam them all you want.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
I know I play plenty of people who know how to get around the blaster and I usually get smashed on by those people.

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
just remember the famous words of some internet *******: "Cheap is just a noob/scrubs word for efficient"
now go out there and own him more, he'll never get any better if he doesn't learn to counter better strategies than the how to play video shows

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
It's one of Wolf's strengths and that's all there is to it.

It'd be like complaining that Sonic runs too much or Olimar throws too many Pikmin.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If someone complains about spamming projectiles, then just tell them they don't know how to play the game. You can ALWAYS get around projectile spam, even if it means taking damage in the process. Just deal out more damage than you receive and pressure your opponent so that they can't spam projectiles.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Projectile Spamming is a part of life, like breathing. Not to say Ike will suffocate, but you get the general gist. Besides, projectiles are there TO BE SPAMMED. Like Nobie said, it's playing to a character's strength. Show that n00b what battle really is.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Unless tournaments start basing their results on who 'deserves to win' rather than who actually won, I wouldn't worry about it.

Fletch

Smash Master
Camping is fine, and is the best strategy in Brawl. It may not be fun, but it's certainly not cheap. Play to win.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I call a lot of things cheap, but it is just the first thing that comes to mind cause I get a bit too competitive at my games. But I figure out how to beat the spammer instead of just quitting in a fit. So to answer your question, no it isn't cheap, but it frustrating to be on the bad end of a projectile camper.

grimraper139

Smash Cadet
naaaa hes just mad cuz he lost, projectiles are a part of the game and everybody needs to learn to avoid them

Koopa Soldier

Smash Rookie
There's no such thing as being cheap when comes to camping, the only thing I find cheap is when they ask you to stop doing it. "Stand still and let me hit you!" yeah right!

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Is camping going to be the new "edgeguarding/edgehogging is cheap (for Melee)" in Brawl?

JNS

Smash Cadet
the only 2 projectiles i have ever declared cheap where SA's laser in melee and pit's arrows in brawl. Buteventually i have found ways to counter and dodge them so now they are mostly an annoyance

Cookiez

Smash Ace
There are ways around it, and if they can't figure it out, then they don't deserve to win.

That is to say, there are better strategies than just sitting there with your blaster.
Lol if your post was an oversimplification of camping, it's false. There actually isn't a better strategy than controlling the entire stage with projectiles as of yet. I'm hoping that will change though...

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
There are ways around it, and if they can't figure it out, then they don't deserve to win.

That is to say, there are better strategies than just sitting there with your blaster.
Ya the better strategy is making your opponent approach and attempt to attack you. This will give you the advantage.

Spamming laser is just one way to do it.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
I played some kid on Gamefaqs earlier and when i use Wolf I tend to use his blaster quite frequently to keep a character at bay. After I beat him a few times he told me that I was really cheap and didn't deserve to win.

If this is the case im going to stop using Wolfs blaster or is the kid being irrational?
There is no such thing as cheap, if you were betting 200 bucks, would you stop using your blaster because he said you were cheap? You are probably just really good with the blaster, or he could not find a reliable way to punish you. He can always pick wolf and do it back...
If you are playing to win, do what wins, if you are playing for fun, do what's fun!!!
Blaster=win and fun!!!

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
most people who lose whine. often irrationally (in what way is it cheap?...it just is!). what's relevant is if it's illegal (which it most certainly is not, camping is an accepted part of all games and is not outlawed by the game mechanics) and if you enjoy camping (if you don't enjoy camping, don't do it. if you want to play to win but not camp, then play melee or do the community a huge favor and devise a way to effectively approach)

Smash Muffin

Smash Rookie
Projectiles are part of some of the charcters, it might be a pain to some but I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
ha! Spamming projectiles is disqualifying material. Gamefaqs n00bs. No wonder ppl call it Game***s.
I would go over and post over there... but I can't seem to remember my gamespot login (I've always stayed far away from the discussion boards on gamefaqs)

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you win, then you win. Nothing short of it. If you think that a character is unbeatable, then play them, and you may be surprised to find out how wrong you are.

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to point out that punishing projectile spammers in brawl is much more difficult than it was in melee. I can see why they'd call it cheap BUT it's not something that should determine a game's outcome.

But yeah, scrubs.

Top Bottom