• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Snake a disapiontment?

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Same here. He is more fun than I thought he would be.

So much so that I use him almost exclusively.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
My only disappointment is that he doesn't have a cigarette taunt or a knife for his grab moves.

Aside from that, a Ftilt that KO's at ~100% is freaking amazing. Does not disappoint.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
He is top tier.

I agree with highwind, he needed to have a cigarette in his mouth.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Eh...I think him having a cig in his mouth would make a bad example for the youger audiences playing Brawl.

But I'd have to say Snake seems to be a very fun and tactical character. I love the way you he can limit options by using C4s, Mines, Nikitas, and Grenades.

Maku

Smash Apprentice
My only disappointment is that he doesn't have a cigarette taunt or a knife for his grab moves.

Aside from that, a Ftilt that KO's at ~100% is freaking amazing. Does not disappoint.

Ha Ha, That would have been bad ***.
snake should have had a taunt like that..

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
Smoking is bad for you, kids.

Anyway, He's beter than I hoped. Or at least on par with my origionall stunned disbelief. (Snake? In Brawl? Sanke in BRAWL?!)

whoady4shoady

Smash Apprentice
In some ways I think he is. His attacks activate very slowy and is annoyingly heavy.

Not as good as he was hyped up to be.
Are you joking. His air attacks, dash attack, and his distance game are amazing.

keep your distance, and he is win win.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
I see what you mean now that I think about.

Maybe you guys are right. I don't use Snake much so maybe I don't know enough about him.
I think he takes a bit of getting used to in some areas, since he plays somewhat differently from most other characters. And by differently, I mean better. (but seriously, I kid. Also I do realize that that statement is a little ridiculous...) (I abuse parantheses...) (And ellipses.) (Okay I'm done now.)

Ronin71

Smash Rookie
Snake exceeds expectations, he rules.

Sonic on the other hand...
Deadly you said it. Even though snake is my number two I think he is a great addittion. I also like playing with sonic but never win.. I dont know that he is a tourney contender(sonic i mean)But snake is awesome
I dont smoke but it would have been so snake to have a cig taunt, maybe something where he says even though he smokes he is still in better shape than opponent( In metal gear he always knew it wasnt good.... except when it saved his life)

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
Snake does take getting use to. The first few times I played Snake I was doing horrible. It wasn't until I played all the other characters and came back to Snake that I started to get comfortable with his play style (since I was use to Captain Falcon and Marth in Melee who are quicker). And Snake also doesn't play like Samus (who I also played).

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace

How about a freaking jab combo that KO's?

Seriously, I don't know how disappointing Snake could be. He's easily in the running for best character in the game.

waks

Smash Journeyman
I freakin love Snake <3

Cigs would be bad for him. If its something like equippable, his %s would prolly rise up by 1% every second XD Or maybe raises his %s by a few if its a taunt, lol :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With attacks like those, why would Solid Snake use smash attacks. He can just use his f-tilt or neutral attacks to send foes flying.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
His smash attacks are far too unconventional for regular use anyways. Fsmash is just to show off, usmash is great for Cromsliding and edgeguarding, as well as covering platforms, and dsmash is to limit the opponents movement.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman

Awesome as a knife or cigarette would be, I think Nintendo might object to very small thimbles of blood, and even more to the buckets Snake would be spilling.

And cigarettes don't exactly fit in with Nintendo's "We love families and kids but not in a weird sexual way" mission statement. Unless Mattel starts making lighters and cigars.

Doval

Smash Lord
Not to mention also the third ****ing heaviest character in the game. Slightly heavier than King Dedede and only behind Bowser and DK (and not by much either...those four are pretty close in weight.)

Seriously, heavier than King Dedede? And heavier than Samus in her Varia Suit for that matter. It's crazy.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Doval you gotta realizes he carries grenades, C4, Proximal Mines, a RPG, a Mortar, a cypher and the Nikitia. I'm shocked that the Cypher can lift all that crap and Snake.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Snake is a character I used out my being a fan of him (same with Meta Knight), and thankfully, I'm having fun as him, and he produces satisfying results when you succeed as him.

I am in love with Snake's SH Dair and Nair. His tilts are way too fast to have as much insane knockback as they do (for tilts anyway). His smashes emphasize strategy over anything else, at their least, they can be a potentailly disorienting obstacle, and at their best, they can punish hard if used with good strategy, and in terms of power, his Fsmash is quite comparable with the likes of Ike's or DeDeDe's Fsmashes.

Besides, a dude who plants a C4 mine on ZSS' butt should earn every man's respect.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Snake does not disappoint, he's awesome, and being heavy in a game where the light characters die faster(lower %s) is good, even better since Snake's recovery is great(cypher+C4). Snake just has a different playstyle(smash attacks are more like specials), but he still exceeded my expectations.

Why would he use a knife? Snake's hasn't used a knife in any of the games he has been in(he even said he didn't like bladed weapons in one game).
But I agree, he should have a cigarette taunt.
Speaking of taunts why does he have only one? They could have given him his "victory poses" from VR missions as taunts( is any of them an actual victory pose in Brawl? I'm not sure).

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Why would he use a knife? Snake's hasn't used a knife in any of the games he has been in(he even said he didn't like bladed weapons in one game).
MGS4 may not be out quite yet, but Snake does in fact use a knife in that game. IIRC, it's a sort of electrical-powered knife that can paralyze oppnents if you want to knock them out and not kill them.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
Awesome as a knife or cigarette would be, I think Nintendo might object to very small thimbles of blood, and even more to the buckets Snake would be spilling.

And cigarettes don't exactly fit in with Nintendo's "We love families and kids but not in a weird sexual way" mission statement. Unless Mattel starts making lighters and cigars.
You're joking right? He shoots rockets and throws grenades. I'm sure that's a MUCH more violent "message" than a knife or cigarette.

Nintendo is pretty *****. MGS, RE4, MH2, yeap, they are wimps.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
You're joking right? He shoots rockets and throws grenades. I'm sure that's a MUCH more violent "message" than a knife or cigarette.

You forgot Manhunt 2 and No More Heroes.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
You forgot Manhunt 2 and No More Heroes.
Ahaha, if I could rep on this board you would get some.

But in Nintendo's defense, they aren't "Nintendo" games but 3rd party games. Some may be nintendo wii exclusive but they aren't made by the company themselves.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, well the magic laws of science in this game make it so large explosions don't cause any more damage than colorful special effects and perhaps a mild headache, rather than the absence of several arteries and the limbs they reside in (thus hampering the ability to contain blood quite effectively) and occasional absence of head sometimes caused by explosions and other such things.

I'm just saying, Nintendo isn't exactly the edgiest company around. Sure they have all those games, but they aren't really in the majority.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, well the magic laws of science in this game make it so large explosions don't cause any more damage than colorful special effects and perhaps a mild headache, rather than the absence of several arteries and the limbs they reside in (thus hampering the ability to contain blood quite effectively) and occasional absence of head sometimes caused by explosions and other such things.

I'm just saying, Nintendo isn't exactly the edgiest company around. Sure they have all those games, but they aren't really in the majority.
I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have Smash Bros be a gib fest. But yeah, I wouldn't say Nintendo is the baddest of the badass either. A lack of a lot of FPS is probably the main reason though.

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
I've got a bone to pick with Mr. RedBaron73. I will start this discussion by arguing that RedBaron73's metanarratives are a masterpiece of treacherous escapism. Then, I will present evidence that RedBaron73 has a glib proficiency with words and very sensitive nostrils. He can smell money in your pocket from a block away. Once that delicious aroma reaches RedBaron73's nostrils, he'll start talking about the joy of metagrobolism and how the average working-class person can't see through his chicanery. As you listen to RedBaron73's sing-song, chances are you won't even notice his hand as it goes into your pocket. Only later, after you realize you've been robbed, will you truly understand that if you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. He provides none.

RedBaron73 should be locked up. No wonder that RedBaron73 claims to be fighting for equality. What he's really fighting for, however, is equality in degradation, by which I mean that RedBaron73 says that he needs a little more time to clean up his act. As far as I'm concerned, RedBaron73's time has run out.

RedBaron73 is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens even the score. Responsible citizens certainly do not create anomie. It is a statistical certainty that nobody ever went broke underestimating his intelligence, just as it is a statistical certainty that RedBaron73 is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his stances. This raises another important point: I've tried explaining to his agents provocateurs that the worst classes of inarticulate dorks I've ever seen have no business here. Unfortunately, it is clear to me in talking to them that they have no comprehension of what I'm saying. I might as well be talking to creatures from Mars. In fact, I'd bet Martians would be more likely to discern that the gloss that RedBaron73's adherents put on RedBaron73's campaigns unfortunately does little to extend the compass of democracy to satanic, brutish barmpots.

I truly wouldn't want to stand in the way of progress. I would, on the other hand, love to criticize the obvious incongruities presented by RedBaron73 and his encomiasts. But, hey, I'm already doing that with this letter. Plainly stated, implying that his op-ed pieces are not worth getting outraged about is no different from implying that the best way to make a point is with foaming-at-the-mouth rhetoric and letters filled primarily with exclamation points. Both statements are ludicrous.

What kind of loser wants to push our efforts two steps backward? A loser like RedBaron73. Given a choice of having him vandalize our neighborhoods or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day. Leaving aside the behavior of other illiberal, crazy sods, if RedBaron73 can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If RedBaron73 can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it.

Many experts now believe that RedBaron73 is trying to brainwash us. He wants us to believe that it's treasonous to lead the way to the future, not to the past; that's boring; that's not cool. You know what I think of that, don't you? I think that if RedBaron73 were to get his hands on the levers of power he'd immediately weaken family ties. If you don't believe me then consider that his confreres consider his ideas a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of misoneism.

The problem with RedBaron73 is not that he's infernal. It's that he wants to trade fundamental human rights for a cheap "guarantee" of safety and security. I would like to put forth the possibility that he is locked into his present course of destruction. He does not have the interest or the will to change his fundamentally longiloquent hypnopompic insights.

Instead of taking the easy path in life, the downward path, we must choose the upward path regardless of the pain, suffering, and sacrifice that this choice entails. Only then can we finally create and nurture a true spirit of community. Yes, RedBaron73 will try to stop us by causing riots in the streets, but I respect the English language and believe in the use of words as a means of communication. Selfish, grotesque tin-pot tyrants like him, however, consider spoken communication as merely a set of noises uttered to excite emotions in stentorian, hypersensitive philosophasters in order to convince them to usher in the rule of the Antichrist and the apocalyptic end times. Here's an eye-opener for you: I wonder what would happen if he really did supplant national heroes with what I call disgusting slubberdegullions. There's a spooky thought.

Although this has been overlooked or ignored by the established scientific community, I, for one, warrant that the best way to overcome misunderstanding, prejudice, and hate is by means of reason, common sense, clear thinking, and goodwill. RedBaron73, in contrast, believes that we should derive moral guidance from his glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented diatribes. The conclusion to draw from this conflict of views should be obvious: Given the amount of misinformation that RedBaron73 is circulating, I must point out that he contends that he can change his complacent ways. What planet is he from? The planet Immature? It is only when one has an answer to that question is it possible to make sense of RedBaron73's apothegms because everyone ought to read my award-winning essay, "The Naked Aggression of RedBaron73". In it, I chronicle all of RedBaron73's publicity stunts from the scary to the pea-brained and conclude that in RedBaron73's quest to vilify our history, character, values, and traditions he has left no destructive scheme unutilized.

Just think: RedBaron73 once tried to convince a bunch of us that sin is good for the soul. Fortunately, calmer heads prevailed and a number of people informed the rest of the gang that RedBaron73 will probably never understand why he scares me so much. And he undoubtedly does scare me: His editorials are scary, his commentaries are scary, and most of all, if we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to treat the blows of circumstance. Goofy defeatism is a disgrace to humanity but it cannot be eliminated by moral lectures or by pious intentions. No, it can be eradicated only if we straighten out RedBaron73's thinking. If RedBaron73 continues to overthrow the government and eliminate the money system, the result can be a tone-deafness, a cluelessness, on matters that are at the center of experience for vast segments of the population. We must work together to contribute to the intellectual and spiritual health of the body politic. What can you do to help? For starters, you might want to begin the debate about RedBaron73's stratagems. I personally derive great satisfaction in doing that sort of thing because RedBaron73 has for a long time been arguing that children should belong to the state. Had he instead been arguing that ignorant and highly emotional persons are frequently swayed by his bombast and fustian, I might cede him his point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in RedBaron73's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how honest people will admit that at their mildest, his animadversions still manage to make human life negligible and cheap. Concerned people are not afraid to bring RedBaron73 to justice. And sensible people know that RedBaron73 is out to engage in the trafficking of human beings. And when we play his game, we become accomplices. A final note: We have a right and an obligation to face our problems realistically, get to the root of our problems, and be determined to solve them.

RedBaron73

Smash Cadet
I've got a bone to pick with Mr. RedBaron73. I will start this discussion by arguing that RedBaron73's metanarratives are a masterpiece of treacherous escapism. Then, I will present evidence that RedBaron73 has a glib proficiency with words and very sensitive nostrils. He can smell money in your pocket from a block away. Once that delicious aroma reaches RedBaron73's nostrils, he'll start talking about the joy of metagrobolism and how the average working-class person can't see through his chicanery. As you listen to RedBaron73's sing-song, chances are you won't even notice his hand as it goes into your pocket. Only later, after you realize you've been robbed, will you truly understand that if you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. He provides none.

RedBaron73 should be locked up. No wonder that RedBaron73 claims to be fighting for equality. What he's really fighting for, however, is equality in degradation, by which I mean that RedBaron73 says that he needs a little more time to clean up his act. As far as I'm concerned, RedBaron73's time has run out.

RedBaron73 is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens even the score. Responsible citizens certainly do not create anomie. It is a statistical certainty that nobody ever went broke underestimating his intelligence, just as it is a statistical certainty that RedBaron73 is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his stances. This raises another important point: I've tried explaining to his agents provocateurs that the worst classes of inarticulate dorks I've ever seen have no business here. Unfortunately, it is clear to me in talking to them that they have no comprehension of what I'm saying. I might as well be talking to creatures from Mars. In fact, I'd bet Martians would be more likely to discern that the gloss that RedBaron73's adherents put on RedBaron73's campaigns unfortunately does little to extend the compass of democracy to satanic, brutish barmpots.

I truly wouldn't want to stand in the way of progress. I would, on the other hand, love to criticize the obvious incongruities presented by RedBaron73 and his encomiasts. But, hey, I'm already doing that with this letter. Plainly stated, implying that his op-ed pieces are not worth getting outraged about is no different from implying that the best way to make a point is with foaming-at-the-mouth rhetoric and letters filled primarily with exclamation points. Both statements are ludicrous.

What kind of loser wants to push our efforts two steps backward? A loser like RedBaron73. Given a choice of having him vandalize our neighborhoods or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day. Leaving aside the behavior of other illiberal, crazy sods, if RedBaron73 can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If RedBaron73 can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it.

Many experts now believe that RedBaron73 is trying to brainwash us. He wants us to believe that it's treasonous to lead the way to the future, not to the past; that's boring; that's not cool. You know what I think of that, don't you? I think that if RedBaron73 were to get his hands on the levers of power he'd immediately weaken family ties. If you don't believe me then consider that his confreres consider his ideas a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of misoneism.

The problem with RedBaron73 is not that he's infernal. It's that he wants to trade fundamental human rights for a cheap "guarantee" of safety and security. I would like to put forth the possibility that he is locked into his present course of destruction. He does not have the interest or the will to change his fundamentally longiloquent hypnopompic insights.

Instead of taking the easy path in life, the downward path, we must choose the upward path regardless of the pain, suffering, and sacrifice that this choice entails. Only then can we finally create and nurture a true spirit of community. Yes, RedBaron73 will try to stop us by causing riots in the streets, but I respect the English language and believe in the use of words as a means of communication. Selfish, grotesque tin-pot tyrants like him, however, consider spoken communication as merely a set of noises uttered to excite emotions in stentorian, hypersensitive philosophasters in order to convince them to usher in the rule of the Antichrist and the apocalyptic end times. Here's an eye-opener for you: I wonder what would happen if he really did supplant national heroes with what I call disgusting slubberdegullions. There's a spooky thought.

Although this has been overlooked or ignored by the established scientific community, I, for one, warrant that the best way to overcome misunderstanding, prejudice, and hate is by means of reason, common sense, clear thinking, and goodwill. RedBaron73, in contrast, believes that we should derive moral guidance from his glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented diatribes. The conclusion to draw from this conflict of views should be obvious: Given the amount of misinformation that RedBaron73 is circulating, I must point out that he contends that he can change his complacent ways. What planet is he from? The planet Immature? It is only when one has an answer to that question is it possible to make sense of RedBaron73's apothegms because everyone ought to read my award-winning essay, "The Naked Aggression of RedBaron73". In it, I chronicle all of RedBaron73's publicity stunts from the scary to the pea-brained and conclude that in RedBaron73's quest to vilify our history, character, values, and traditions he has left no destructive scheme unutilized.

Just think: RedBaron73 once tried to convince a bunch of us that sin is good for the soul. Fortunately, calmer heads prevailed and a number of people informed the rest of the gang that RedBaron73 will probably never understand why he scares me so much. And he undoubtedly does scare me: His editorials are scary, his commentaries are scary, and most of all, if we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to treat the blows of circumstance. Goofy defeatism is a disgrace to humanity but it cannot be eliminated by moral lectures or by pious intentions. No, it can be eradicated only if we straighten out RedBaron73's thinking. If RedBaron73 continues to overthrow the government and eliminate the money system, the result can be a tone-deafness, a cluelessness, on matters that are at the center of experience for vast segments of the population. We must work together to contribute to the intellectual and spiritual health of the body politic. What can you do to help? For starters, you might want to begin the debate about RedBaron73's stratagems. I personally derive great satisfaction in doing that sort of thing because RedBaron73 has for a long time been arguing that children should belong to the state. Had he instead been arguing that ignorant and highly emotional persons are frequently swayed by his bombast and fustian, I might cede him his point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in RedBaron73's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how honest people will admit that at their mildest, his animadversions still manage to make human life negligible and cheap. Concerned people are not afraid to bring RedBaron73 to justice. And sensible people know that RedBaron73 is out to engage in the trafficking of human beings. And when we play his game, we become accomplices. A final note: We have a right and an obligation to face our problems realistically, get to the root of our problems, and be determined to solve them.
Meh, a B+ at best

Seriously i don't have the patience to read all this. I'm honored you took the time to write this wall of text about me:bee:.

P.S.- I know it's a joke so don't post stuff like "Idiot, it's joke!!!!lololol!!!!!"

Top Bottom