• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sheik the Fox of Smash 4?

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
I see so many competetive sheiks since sheik i such a great character i think she is becoming the fox of sm4sh. Do you feel this way?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have no idea what that means because Fox is only a heavily used top tier in one of the Smash games. That aside, Sheik is obviously top tier and not terribly difficult to pick up and learn.

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
I have no idea what that means because Fox is only a heavily used top tier in one of the Smash games. That aside, Sheik is obviously top tier and not terribly difficult to pick up and learn.
i mean is sheik like the fox of smash 4 or the meta knight of it per say

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yes, Fox with a faster version of Peach fair>jab frametrap, a 2 framejab instead of 1 frame shine, an upsmash that can hit twice for extra damage, laser that puts the opponent in a very tight situation by flying up, the only thing she misses is metaknights up b invisibility.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
i mean is sheik like the fox of smash 4 or the meta knight of it per say
Definitely not the Meta Knight :rolleyes:

I've thought of her as Fox myself in the past. She's the best in the game according to many, she has a high-ish skill floor and crazy-high skill ceiling, is a very technical character, and, while a bit predictable, ditto Sheik is thrilling to watch and inevitable at major competitions. As time goes by, I'm sure we'll be seeing more ditto Sheik matches in the top 4/8.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Definitely not as oppressive as Fox or Meta Knight. Heck, Melee Sheik feels way more oppressive than Smash 4 Sheik.

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
Definitely not the Meta Knight :rolleyes:

I've thought of her as Fox myself in the past. She's the best in the game according to many, she has a high-ish skill floor and crazy-high skill ceiling, is a very technical character, and, while a bit predictable, ditto Sheik is thrilling to watch and inevitable at major competitions. As time goes by, I'm sure we'll be seeing more ditto Sheik matches in the top 4/8.
i dont mean weta night as in a spam way mor in a Top Teir way sheik is easiky the best character in the game

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
Yes, Fox with a faster version of Peach fair>jab frametrap, a 2 framejab instead of 1 frame shine, an upsmash that can hit twice for extra damage, laser that puts the opponent in a very tight situation by flying up, the only thing she misses is metaknights up b invisibility.
haha

Master Raven

Smash Master
Sheik is the Melee Fox of Smash 4 in the sense that she is the best character but you have to be very very good with her if you want to win. There are many Sheiks, but few of them win tournaments.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Kinda a pointless question to ask, but what Master Raven said.

It still seems really early to tell ever. I simply remember Snake being on everyone's 2nd list in the entire game due to his traits. Then, people learned how to get good at the game and abuse the weaknesses that were always right in front of them the entire time. This took several years for it to become common place.

I am not sure if Sheik would turn into that sort of thing, but I can imagine it happening depending upon what people end up abusing.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Snake had slow options and a bad fallingspeed, it were obvious he would fall down the tierlist, or atleast in usage after the early tournaments he won, kinda lika Little Mac right now.
Shiek is more then that since her options are soo superb, she will dominate close to everything in less then a year from now if shes untouched in balancepatches.
The main argument people have against shiek is "she has a hard time killing", which is exacly the same argument people used for Metaknight in brawl in the beginning, before M2K optimized that a bit, using dairs for edgeguard, same with up b, fsmash at the ledge to dsmash frametrap with more.
Safe fairs on shield is soo good theres prob no answer to it in this game atm, since the game in most other cases gives the advantage/neutral back to the one shielding a move.

EDIT: Unless theres a way for a character to trade with the fair alot to win the % efficiencywar.

Last edited:

Zeta~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sycho-Ashura777
3DS FC
5026-4570-3155
Sheik is good but not that good. If only Sakurai fixed her damn side b so it doesn't make you go into free fall.....-_-

Last edited:

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is good but not that good. If only Sakurai fixed her damn side b so it doesn't make you go into free fall.....-_-
I think it's fair how side B makes Sheik go into freefall. It's a great way to punish tech skill error.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Shiek is definitely not :metaknight:. She actually does have a weakness which as everyone knows, is her lack of kill power.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Sheik is definitely the equivalent of melee fox. most technicaly character in the game? check. insane combo potential? check. great frame data? check. a high learning curve that make her theoretically the best at top level play but eh at lower level play? you got it. the thing about sheik though is that she suffers way more heavily if you make a mistake as she doesn't live quite as long as some characters and requires very high percents in order to ko the opponent.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Sheik is definitely the equivalent of melee fox. most technicaly character in the game? check. insane combo potential? check. great frame data? check. a high learning curve that make her theoretically the best at top level play but eh at lower level play? you got it. the thing about sheik though is that she suffers way more heavily if you make a mistake as she doesn't live quite as long as some characters and requires very high percents in order to ko the opponent.
She's not the most technical. Ryu and Peach are easily more technical and I believe Fox is as well. She comes just after those three though.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
yes but arguably melee peach was just as technical as fox in the top level of play. Ofcourse this is a different game so one should not expect a full 1:1 comparison but yes, you are correct on that matter.(I honestly keep forgetting peach is still in this game with how few people play her in this game for some reason) As for Ryu.. i am honestly dreading how he develops as i think once his potential is fully discovered an mastered he will by far be the best character in the game and may even be the next MK.

Last edited:

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
As for Ryu.. i am honestly dreading how he develops as i think once his potential is fully discovered an mastered he will by far be the best character in the game and may even be the next MK.
Oh I dunno, some silly things work against Ryu like Kirby and Jigglypuff seemingly being good counters based on hitboxes alone. A large amount of moves go right over them when simply ducking, including Ryu's neutral, side and down specials. In fact ducking side special with Jigglypuff basically gives you a free rest as he spin kicks right over you.

Top Bottom