• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sheik easy at Low Levels?

Rice03

Smash Cadet
So I heard that sheik is easy at low levels. Since I am very inconsistent with fox and that fox is difficult at my level of play I might make the switch to fox to sheik. If sheik is easy at low levels, what should I be using at low levels in neutral, edgegaurds and fundamentals for a low level sheik to not get 0-2 in tournament? This is in all match ups.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say sheik is "easy" at low levels, but she is without a doubt easier than many other top tiers. Low level neutral is mostly baits to lead into a grab for comboing floaties and tech chasing fastfallers. Edgeguarding is mostly throwing needles and bairing. Good luck and have fun with your new main.

Rice03

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say sheik is "easy" at low levels, but she is without a doubt easier than many other top tiers. Low level neutral is mostly baits to lead into a grab for comboing floaties and tech chasing fastfallers. Edgeguarding is mostly throwing needles and bairing. Good luck and have fun with your new main.
What should i use as baits as a low level player to make them come in neutral? Is Dash Dancing safe with sheik and what are sheiks best defensive options besides N-air out of shield?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Mixing up run up grab with dash attack and run up WD back is very basic. The WD Back will then work as a bait.
But with Sheik's walk speed you can gain ground quickly without committing. So dont rely on running up.
Else standing needle from a far will force them to come to you.

DD with sheik is completely safe. It's pretty hard to control though, but defo possible. To start you can try to use the Fox Trot.
It serves the same purpose, extends the range and is less likely to mess up at low level.

Nair OoS is godly since Nair is frame 4 paired with the best jump squat in the game. It needs to be executed frame tight along with timed correctly to start as soon as shield stun ends, in order to work though.
The second best option OoS is Roll, framewise. Third best is WD OoS and Grab. Then comes stuff like Upsmash OoS.
Rising Fair and Bair are both also usefull in some scenarios.

Edit: I know I said "frame wise" on the OoS options. The best OoS option framewise is actually roll. Nair serves such a better purpose though so I rate that higher.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I can't believe I forgot about run up shield. It's a great bait at all levels and even more so at lower levels.
The power of it really enhances if you can WD OoS reliably.

Rice03

Smash Cadet
I can't believe I forgot about run up shield. It's a great bait at all levels and even more so at lower levels.
The power of it really enhances if you can WD OoS reliably.
What about neutral options? What is frame safe? I heard of needles off of platforms and auto canceled F-Air? But what are the safest options in neutral options that can be used when the opponent messes up? Last thing, what is safe to punish when spacies commit to much in neutral?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
You mean safe like you cannot be punished for it?
On or off shield?
Or most efficient way to tack on damage?

Your best stuff on shield are AC Fair, FF Nair (low hitting) and spaced low Bair. All of which, on paper, you should Dash out of (away or even sometimes through) to stay safe.

Ftilt is your best friend to 'stuff' people directly. You can most of the time get a grab off that. Or a Fair at higher percents.
If the Fox is mildly competant you can WD Back Ftilt to stuff better spaced aerials.

SH Rising Nair can also catch people if you anticipate them jumping into you.

For an easy and powerfull tool try and learn to AC Fair and Ftilt emediatly when you land. For alot of neutral situations you want to do a stationary Fair using backflip.

If you do an apporaching Fair (running up and SH forward AC fair) you can easily get Dash Danced. But if you stay preemty you can stay strong, safe and defensive.

As to how to tack on guaranteed, efficient damage you want grabs and knowing the follow ups on all the opponents options from your down throw. Shiek's grab is a science and how to get them is unfortunatly not easily explained or learned quickly.

At lower levels you can try to wait for them to mess up then simply run up and grab them.
Run up under them when they jump and shield. Then shield grab them. Shield grabs in general.
Or hit them and grab them afterwards.

Last edited:

Rice03

Smash Cadet
On or off shield?

Your best stuff on shield are AC Fair, FF Nair (low hitting) and spaced low Bair. All of which, on paper, you should Dash out of (away or even sometimes through) to stay safe.

Ftilt is your best friend to 'stuff' people directly. You can most of the time get a grab off that. Or a Fair at higher percents.
If the Fox is mildly competant you can WD Back Ftilt to stuff better spaced aerials.

For an easy and powerfull tool try and learn to AC Fair and Ftilt emediatly when you land. For alot of neutral situations you want to do a stationary Fair using backflip.

If you do an apporaching Fair (running up and SH forward AC fair) you can easily get Dash Danced. But if you stay preemty you can stay strong, safe and defensive.

As to how to tack on guaranteed, efficient damage you want grabs and knowing the follow ups on all the opponents options from your down throw. Shiek's grab is a science and how to get them is unfortunatly not easily explained or learned quickly.

At lower levels you can try to wait for them to mess up then simply run up and grab them.
Ok, What about platforms? I know that sheik can use shield drops from platforms, I see plup do it all the time. But what options do I have on platforms? How do platforms extend my options even more in neutral and recovery? Also, are needles more effective on platforms or on the ground?

Rice03

Smash Cadet
On or off shield?

The reason why I am responding alot is because i want to learn the most I can about sheik. Sorry if I am bothering you.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Not at all. Keep in mind I dont have all the answers. I might be missing some info or be downright wrong. But I'll share what I know.
Platforms play a huge role in most modern sheik player's book.
Standing on a platform with your shield up is near impossible to beat. Some moves however can poke you through your shield even when it's full size.
So in order to be able to platform camp you really need to be able to angle your shield (depending on the matchup).
For example C.Falcon can hit your feet with Upair, while your full, straight shield is up.

A common play and a great tool is to full jump onto a platform turning around in the air and shooting a needle towards center of the stage in the process.
Then depending on if they got hit or not you run off the platform again shooting another needle on your way down.
Or you shield on the platfrom anticipating they attack your shield. Which you can counterattack using shield drop Fair or Bair.
If they dont attack your shield you can WD OoS or Shield Drop anyway to get down.
You can also SH needle OoS and stay campy.

Standin on a side platform also grants to opportunity to go to top platform. Most shiek's don't like to be here a whole lot though. In some matchups it's a great place to be. But in general most people use the platform to needle camp.
You, from the side platform, run off towards center and DJ WL off the top platform and shoot a needle before you land back on the side platform.

Tacking on damage with this stuff as a sole method is really slow and inefficient, but safe. It also serves the same role as fox or falco laser camping - frustrating the opponent and making them come to you, and most likely poorly.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Scroll Scroll Not to be technical, but just so everyone knows Sheik's nair is actually frame 3, not 4(bair is 4), so Sheik's frame perfect Nair Oos is actually frame 6, one frame faster than shield grab.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Scroll Scroll Not to be technical, but just so everyone knows Sheik's nair is actually frame 3, not 4(bair is 4), so Sheik's frame perfect Nair Oos is actually frame 6, one frame faster than shield grab.
Thanks! Sorry for the misinfo!

Rice03

Smash Cadet
Not at all. Keep in mind I dont have all the answers. I might be missing some info or be downright wrong. But I'll share what I know.
Platforms play a huge role in most modern sheik player's book.
Standing on a platform with your shield up is near impossible to beat. Some moves however can poke you through your shield even when it's full size.
So in order to be able to platform camp you really need to be able to angle your shield (depending on the matchup).
For example C.Falcon can hit your feet with Upair, while your full, straight shield is up.

A common play and a great tool is to full jump onto a platform turning around in the air and shooting a needle towards center of the stage in the process.
Then depending on if they got hit or not you run off the platform again shooting another needle on your way down.
Or you shield on the platfrom anticipating they attack your shield. Which you can counterattack using shield drop Fair or Bair.
If they dont attack your shield you can WD OoS or Shield Drop anyway to get down.
You can also SH needle OoS and stay campy.

Standin on a side platform also grants to opportunity to go to top platform. Most shiek's don't like to be here a whole lot though. In some matchups it's a great place to be. But in general most people use the platform to needle camp.
You, from the side platform, run off towards center and DJ WL off the top platform and shoot a needle before you land back on the side platform.

Tacking on damage with this stuff as a sole method is really slow and inefficient, but safe. It also serves the same role as fox or falco laser camping - frustrating the opponent and making them come to you, and most likely poorly.
Edgegaurding options. What should I do when a spacie is above the stage and below the stage? What do i do facing characters that are floaty and have amazing recoveries? Also please explain these terms in a low-mid level. but not at the lowest level.

rivers

Smash Cadet
Uh, it kinda depends but for the most part, yes.

Low level players are super repetitive so you can downthrow tech chase them to stupid percents with ease then kill them.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Lets see. Edgeguarding spacies (the good stuff) :)
Actually I'd encourage you to watch alot of matches and watch how players tackle this. Take notes.

Here are a few guidelines though

If you see a spacie below the stage the best thing to do is to sh needle them -> turn and wavedash back to take ledge -> fast fall down and double jump Bair them.
The easier version requires you to simply run off the stage and press A. Your Nair will likely kill them. You can experiement with other aerials as you please. Run off Bair for example can stage spike them which is nice.

Another option is to take the Ledge and if you time it right you can do a Nair onto the stage right after you grabbed the ledge and be invincible (the actual term is Intangible since the opponent in no way can interact with you in this state) doing so. That will cover any UpB angle towards the ledge.
Yet another option is to wait on the edge of the stage and time a Downsmash right as they come flying with the UpB. This is not easy to time right. You might be more successfull if you charge the Downsmash.

If they are right at stage height they are likely to sideB to the Ledge. It's very hard to react to, but a well timed Downsmash will make sure they are sent out and you'll find them below the stage after the hit.
A simpler option to cover this is to shoot a standing needle.

Above stage level is the hardest part. It becomes alot easier if you know (read) they will recover from high though.
Full Jump (FJ) backwards (from the edge of the stage) and put your Bair out is very likely to hit. Likewise a full speed FJ Fair might catch them.
I am still not very good at edge guarding spacies who recover from high. So hopefully other people can add to this.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Actually I'd encourage you to watch alot of matches and watch how players tackle this. Take notes.

If you see a spacie below the stage the best thing to do is to sh needle them -> turn and wavedash back to take ledge -> fast fall down and double jump Bair them.
The easier version requires you to simply run off the stage and press A. Your Nair will likely kill them. You can experiement with other aerials as you please. Run off Bair for example can stage spike them which is nice.

Another option is to take the Ledge and if you time it right you can do a Nair onto the stage right after you grabbed the ledge and be invincible (the actual term is Intangible since the opponent in no way can interact with you in this state) doing so. That will cover any UpB angle towards the ledge.
Yet another option is to wait on the edge of the stage and time a Downsmash right as they come flying with the UpB. This is not easy to time right. You might be more successfull if you charge the Downsmash.

If they are right at stage height they are likely to sideB to the Ledge. It's very hard to react to, but a well timed Downsmash will make sure they are sent out and you'll find them below the stage after the hit.

Above stage level is the hardest part. It becomes alot easier if you know (read) they will recover from high though.
Full Jump (FJ) backwards (from the edge of the stage) and put your Bair out is very likely to hit. Likewise a full speed FJ Fair might catch them.
I am still not very good at edge guarding spacies who recover from high. So hopefully other people can add to this.
Same, getting the high recoveries is hard. They have so many options and its difficult to make a solid read.

Last edited:

Diosama

Stand User
Sheik is a character that plays of the fundamentals of both players. x benefits from bad players and shines in the hands of good players too. Sheik is perceived as easy because idiots DI in which gives her free combos and don't know how to edgeguard her. That's the simplest and most obvious way to look at it.

Sheik can take advantage of newb habits better than any other character.

wtf am i doing in the sheik boards, get me the **** out of here

Last edited:

Rice03

Smash Cadet
Sheik is a character that plays of the fundamentals of both players. x benefits from bad players and shines in the hands of good players too. Sheik is perceived as easy because idiots DI in which gives her free combos and don't know how to edgeguard her. That's the simplest and most obvious way to look at it.

Sheik can take advantage of newb habits better than any other character.

wtf am i doing in the sheik boards, get me the **** out of here
So Bad players will most likely DI in so I can get a good punish game of them? Does that mean that f-tilt is good against low level players because they will DI in? Also I guess that means that I can dash attack and get a F-air at very low levels I think that will commit to much.

Diosama

Stand User
So Bad players will most likely DI in so I can get a good punish game of them? Does that mean that f-tilt is good against low level players because they will DI in? Also I guess that means that I can dash attack and get a F-air at very low levels I think that will commit to much.
Yeah pretty much

It is however important that you recognize that they are DIing in, so that you can see the difference when it occurs and choose a more appropriate option against better players, contributing to your growth.

Rice03

Smash Cadet

So I know that reactions are good with any character, but how can I use reactions to my advantage as sheik? I know you need great reactions for space animals for the D-Throw Tech Chase. But how can I react at a low level of play? Maybe how to have good reactions to sheik in general versus anybody. Lastly, how important is reactions with sheik? Is it a fundamental That I need to Know and how can I Analyze sheik videos and learn from them? Should I watch top players destroying bad players or should I watch all kinds of sheik videos? Sorry if there are too many questions but I need to know everything before I go to Smash N Splash.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I want to get better at reacting to stuff in neutral(obv. I know about reaction tech chasing), but I have no clue what I should be looking to react to.

Rice03

Smash Cadet
I want to get better at reacting to stuff in neutral(obv. I know about reaction tech chasing), but I have no clue what I should be looking to react to.
I am want to know how to react after an opponent commits to a move. I want to know what I can react to facing low level players and their characters. Ex. Marth's F-Smash.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I am want to know how to react after an opponent commits to a move. I want to know what I can react to facing low level players and their characters. Ex. Marth's F-Smash.
I'm no expert, but if your Marth friend Fsmashes a lot(trust me, we've all dealt with this), start shielding more if you expect an Fsmash. As soon as the Fsmash hits your shield, you can react, wavedash Oos towards him and get a free grab. This will pretty much wreck Fsmash spam Marths. However, note that you can't really wavedash Oos grab a tipper Fsmash on shield.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
From my experience, Falcon and Falco are easier at low level due to easy combos and movement. Then comes Sheik.

The thing with them is that in order to progress, you have to break your bad habits. When you play, there are some techs that low level players don't know that makes you able to hit them, but it doesn't work when you face higher level players. So you keep breaking your habits until your play becomes optimal. A good example is Smash DI out of Falco's UAir. At higher level you have to find a way to surprise your opponent or whatever to kill.

I find that people who play low tiers, or simply harder characters like Marth can learn faster than those who play "easy" characters. When you play Falco and you do a mistake, you can simply find a way around since he is so strong, without really realizing your mistake. But if you mess up with Bowser, it's almost a zero to death. So it is easier to find your bad habit and fix it, while if you play a top tier you might stagnate and lose motivation. There was a Kirby main in my area that switched to Sheik, he learned so fast that he even faced Armada and did well.

/random theory

Oh, and if you are in a position where your opponent charges a smash, they might get stuck in some kind of pressure, because the lag from a smash is really punishable. I often jump in the smash and grab or hit with a move that reaches, if you know your spacing well and you do it fast they might not have the time to react. Something fun is that whenever a character charges a smash, they receive more knock-back from an attack.

Rice03

Smash Cadet
From my experience, Falcon and Falco are easier at low level due to easy combos and movement. Then comes Sheik.

The thing with them is that in order to progress, you have to break your bad habits. When you play, there are some techs that low level players don't know that makes you able to hit them, but it doesn't work when you face higher level players. So you keep breaking your habits until your play becomes optimal. A good example is Smash DI out of Falco's UAir. At higher level you have to find a way to surprise your opponent or whatever to kill.

I find that people who play low tiers, or simply harder characters like Marth can learn faster than those who play "easy" characters. When you play Falco and you do a mistake, you can simply find a way around since he is so strong, without really realizing your mistake. But if you mess up with Bowser, it's almost a zero to death. So it is easier to find your bad habit and fix it, while if you play a top tier you might stagnate and lose motivation. There was a Kirby main in my area that switched to Sheik, he learned so fast that he even faced Armada and did well.

/random theory

Oh, and if you are in a position where your opponent charges a smash, they might get stuck in some kind of pressure, because the lag from a smash is really punishable. I often jump in the smash and grab or hit with a move that reaches, if you know your spacing well and you do it fast they might not have the time to react. Something fun is that whenever a character charges a smash, they receive more knock-back from an attack.
What is a good way of finding my bad habits? What can I replace them with? For me I always seem to have a bad mindset. I seem to always think about negative thoughts during a match. Not only that I think about winning or losing to the player that I am playing against. I have thoughts like "This guy is a scrub" or "I shouldn't lose to this guy who doesn't Ledgedash". What should I do to replace these thoughts that I have all the time. That is why I have a problem being consistent in tournament.

Rice03

Smash Cadet
What is a good way of finding my bad habits? What can I replace them with? For me I always seem to have a bad mindset. I seem to always think about negative thoughts during a match. Not only that I think about winning or losing to the player that I am playing against. I have thoughts like "This guy is a scrub" or "I shouldn't lose to this guy who doesn't Ledgedash". What should I do to replace these thoughts that I have all the time. That is why I have a problem being consistent in tournament.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Try to get on stream, and then watch the match. You'll see that you tend to do the same thing over and over again. Maybe it's a grab out of shield or you tend to use your second jump where you shouldn't use it. Or maybe you tend to dash attack on shield.

As for your mindset, try to empty your mind before the brackets, maybe get in the bathroom or something and focus 100% on the match. Try not to get upset too. If you simply think about anything during your match, it will decrease your performance. Focus solely on your opponent. Maybe some music can help, or a position. I couldn't play well until I started resting my elbows on my knees. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have fun man, that's the most important! :083:

Diosama

Stand User
Try to get on stream, and then watch the match. You'll see that you tend to do the same thing over and over again. Maybe it's a grab out of shield or you tend to use your second jump where you shouldn't use it. Or maybe you tend to dash attack on shield.

As for your mindset, try to empty your mind before the brackets, maybe get in the bathroom or something and focus 100% on the match. Try not to get upset too. If you simply think about anything during your match, it will decrease your performance. Focus solely on your opponent. Maybe some music can help, or a position. I couldn't play well until I started resting my elbows on my knees. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You followin me?

Rice03

Smash Cadet

Yeah I might listen to Music or maybe listen to a video of some guy talking because that is way better than being emotional during a tournament set. Last thing I want to ask. I am going to go to a national in my state called Smash N Splash. I am trying to prepare my self mentally and trying to be more healthy. I have a problem of not getting a lot of sleep before a big tournament. I think about the tournament way to much the night before and I sleep for 1-3 hours because I make it more stressful than it needs to be before a tournament. What should I do to be less stressed the night before and what should I do when I am at the tournament playing in bracket. I know this is just a game but I put a decent amount of time into this game. I think I should play for fun at a national but what else should I do? Also, what are the best kinds of thoughts before a tournament set?

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Yeah I might listen to Music or maybe listen to a video of some guy talking because that is way better than being emotional during a tournament set. Last thing I want to ask. I am going to go to a national in my state called Smash N Splash. I am trying to prepare my self mentally and trying to be more healthy. I have a problem of not getting a lot of sleep before a big tournament. I think about the tournament way to much the night before and I sleep for 1-3 hours because I make it more stressful than it needs to be before a tournament. What should I do to be less stressed the night before and what should I do when I am at the tournament playing in bracket. I know this is just a game but I put a decent amount of time into this game. I think I should play for fun at a national but what else should I do? Also, what are the best kinds of thoughts before a tournament set?
That's neat! :p

The night before the tournament, get a warm chamomile tea and read a book/newspaper. Avoid any screens two hours before you go to sleep. Try to be active during the day too, exercise makes you sleepy. It should work - it's a sacrifice but it's worth it. Don't practice the night before the tournament, just like big exams, it will only make you tired. Practice the days before. Also, eat healty, it really helps your mental capacities. That said, avoid any performance drugs. While it might help for a few hours, when it wears off you rip. Better keep it fair to yourself.

For the tournament, have a blast. Be optimistic, have fun, and it will all be good. If you get frustrated during a friendly before the tournament simply leave for a while to compose yourself. Before playing, go wash your hands under warm water, it will help you move your hands properly, kind of like a warm up before a sport. During your sets, don't tell yourself you should be able to beat this guy or that he sucks, compose yourself and find a way around his play. If he keeps pushing you away it's because he's doing the same thing over and over. Don't get hasty when you get annoyed - I know it's hard but it's important. It's normal if you're stressed, but not if you have a panic attack lol.

That's a lot to do, but just go and have fun. Even if you don't go far, you win if you learn from the experience. One of the best experiences you will get to live. :083:

Rice03

Smash Cadet
That's neat! :p

The night before the tournament, get a warm chamomile tea and read a book/newspaper. Avoid any screens two hours before you go to sleep. Try to be active during the day too, exercise makes you sleepy. It should work - it's a sacrifice but it's worth it. Don't practice the night before the tournament, just like big exams, it will only make you tired. Practice the days before. Also, eat healty, it really helps your mental capacities. That said, avoid any performance drugs. While it might help for a few hours, when it wears off you rip. Better keep it fair to yourself.

For the tournament, have a blast. Be optimistic, have fun, and it will all be good. If you get frustrated during a friendly before the tournament simply leave for a while to compose yourself. Before playing, go wash your hands under warm water, it will help you move your hands properly, kind of like a warm up before a sport. During your sets, don't tell yourself you should be able to beat this guy or that he sucks, compose yourself and find a way around his play. If he keeps pushing you away it's because he's doing the same thing over and over. Don't get hasty when you get annoyed - I know it's hard but it's important. It's normal if you're stressed, but not if you have a panic attack lol.

That's a lot to do, but just go and have fun. Even if you don't go far, you win if you learn from the experience. One of the best experiences you will get to live. :083:
I will gladly take the advice. I might take a break if I get salty during a friendly before my pools and go outside. I wish I can be in a pool with a good player like Duck, M2K or Axe. I would be happy if I play someone in the MIOM top 100. Because I like to try my best facing those players to prove I am not a scrub. I am trying to prepare starting this month and end the night before the tournament. I Will try to have a good mentality before this tournament and not be like other tournaments I went to like EVO 2015, where I had only one hour of sleep. I will try to make sure I get rid of all the bad thoughts before a tournament set. Thanks for the Advice and I will make Smash N Splash a great tourney. :)

Rice03

Smash Cadet
Mixing up run up grab with dash attack and run up WD back is very basic. The WD Back will then work as a bait.
But with Sheik's walk speed you can gain ground quickly without committing. So dont rely on running up.
Else standing needle from a far will force them to come to you.

DD with sheik is completely safe. It's pretty hard to control though, but defo possible. To start you can try to use the Fox Trot.
It serves the same purpose, extends the range and is less likely to mess up at low level.

Nair OoS is godly since Nair is frame 4 paired with the best jump squat in the game. It needs to be executed frame tight along with timed correctly to start as soon as shield stun ends, in order to work though.
The second best option OoS is Roll, framewise. Third best is WD OoS and Grab. Then comes stuff like Upsmash OoS.
Rising Fair and Bair are both also usefull in some scenarios.

Edit: I know I said "frame wise" on the OoS options. The best OoS option framewise is actually roll. Nair serves such a better purpose though so I rate that higher.
Same, getting the high recoveries is hard. They have so many options and its difficult to make a solid read.

You followin me?
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for giving great advice for Sheik. I will take each and everyone's advice with consideration. I wasn't expecting so many replies and comments left on this post and you all really helped me out. This was very helpful because of Smash N Splash 2 coming up soon and I want to make that the best tournament ever. If any one wants to leave any more comment feel free to. I will happily reply to them. Thanks. ;)

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Hey dude, I'm actually going to smash n splash 2 too. Although I'm probably not much better than you since I hardly ever practice, I can give you some in person advice there. Just keep in mind I'm not that good myself (I usually just beat 2 people in my pool) but I have a good knowledge of the character at the level I play at. Or we can just play some friendlies.

Rice03

Smash Cadet
Hey dude, I'm actually going to smash n splash 2 too. Although I'm probably not much better than you since I hardly ever practice, I can give you some in person advice there. Just keep in mind I'm not that good myself (I usually just beat 2 people in my pool) but I have a good knowledge of the character at the level I play at. Or we can just play some friendlies.
That's cool. Maybe I can find your pool and go play some friendlies in the friendly area.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yes Sheik is disgustingly easy at low levels, her ease of access to a good punish game puts a lot of amateurs on tilt and most of them simply don't know how to deal with or di anything Sheik does. She is among the "free wins" characters that at low levels just kind of destroy everyone else.

Free Win tier list.
Sheik
Marth
Puff
Falco

You get to mid level or even high-low level and a lot of shenanigans used to net free wins doesn't work anymore because people learn the match ups. So yeah to answer your question, sheik is easy at low levels.

Jus_

Smash Rookie
If your long term goal is to remain at a low level then by all means switch to Sheik, as she is easier than a lot of other characters at low level play. If you plan on playing at a higher level than that, I recommend you stick it out with fox.

Honestly though, you will not go very far in this game if you're just looking for shortcuts all the time (and judging from your post, you seem to be this type). In my opinion, Fox is definitely not the hardest character to play once you get past the tech skill barrier. Sheik also gets pretty hard to play once you get past the mid-low levels.

Play to improve and win, not to avoid loss.

Cg3po

Smash Rookie
What should i use as baits as a low level player to make them come in neutral? Is Dash Dancing safe with sheik and what are sheiks best defensive options besides N-air out of shield?
Crouch cancel is solid defensively and overall shiek is about her solid normals and I'm her best movement tool is walk. I find I do best when I'm pressuring my opponent not with movement but with hitboxes f tilt is your best friend and as for dash dancing her fox trot can be good but waved as he is better to close distance

Seal

Smash Journeyman
If your long term goal is to remain at a low level then by all means switch to Sheik, as she is easier than a lot of other characters at low level play. If you plan on playing at a higher level than that, I recommend you stick it out with fox.

Honestly though, you will not go very far in this game if you're just looking for shortcuts all the time (and judging from your post, you seem to be this type). In my opinion, Fox is definitely not the hardest character to play once you get past the tech skill barrier. Sheik also gets pretty hard to play once you get past the mid-low levels.

Play to improve and win, not to avoid loss.
This post is very incorrect. Sheik is not a shortcut character and she will not keep you at a low level. She is also not a way to avoid loss and not improve. I don't know where you're coming from with an opinion like this.

Hunybear

Smash Ace
I think Shiek is very easy to play at low levels. I think playing every character is easy at a low level. All you have to do to play at a low level is run up, spam smash attacks and then lose <3 low level!

Top Bottom