• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sheik easy at Low Levels?

Rice03

Smash Cadet
I think Shiek is very easy to play at low levels. I think playing every character is easy at a low level. All you have to do to play at a low level is run up, spam smash attacks and then lose <3 low level!
Yes Sheik is disgustingly easy at low levels, her ease of access to a good punish game puts a lot of amateurs on tilt and most of them simply don't know how to deal with or di anything Sheik does. She is among the "free wins" characters that at low levels just kind of destroy everyone else.

Free Win tier list.
Sheik
Marth
Puff
Falco

You get to mid level or even high-low level and a lot of shenanigans used to net free wins doesn't work anymore because people learn the match ups. So yeah to answer your question, sheik is easy at low levels.
I played against someone at my local weekly and he said that I am too high of a level for sheik being easy. I agree with him. I am at the level where I get consistent results of 1-2 or 2-2. I would say that I am at a low-mid level. I am not at the point where I get to go past 2-2 and I can't. The longest I last was 2-2. Sheik is easy when you first start the game but not when you start winning a little. I might just stick with fox.

Rice03

Smash Cadet
I think Shiek is very easy to play at low levels. I think playing every character is easy at a low level. All you have to do to play at a low level is run up, spam smash attacks and then lose <3 low level!
Yes Sheik is disgustingly easy at low levels, her ease of access to a good punish game puts a lot of amateurs on tilt and most of them simply don't know how to deal with or di anything Sheik does. She is among the "free wins" characters that at low levels just kind of destroy everyone else.

Free Win tier list.
Sheik
Marth
Puff
Falco

You get to mid level or even high-low level and a lot of shenanigans used to net free wins doesn't work anymore because people learn the match ups. So yeah to answer your question, sheik is easy at low levels.
Just to let you know that I am from Chicago and that is a very bad region. Even then sheik is not as easy at low level. The only time I will say sheik is easy is when you first start out without tech skill and no knowledge of fundamentals.

Jus_

Smash Rookie
This post is very incorrect. Sheik is not a shortcut character and she will not keep you at a low level. She is also not a way to avoid loss and not improve. I don't know where you're coming from with an opinion like this.
What? When did I ever say Sheik was a shortcut character? I was trying to get the OP to understand that she is NOT a shortcut character and that trying to switch to Sheik to do well in tournament was not a good idea if you want to go far as a player (this is not the same thing as saying Sheik holds players back btw). In fact, unlike most other people, I think Sheik is pretty hard to play. I also think she is a character that improves a player's fundamentals.

I also never said that playing Sheik would keep you at a low level. What I mean is that if he has no goals of going beyond the low level of play then I see no problem with him switching to Sheik, as I think she is easier to play than a lot of other characters at that level. If he wants to go beyond the low level, however, I think he should grind it out with Fox, the character he was originally picking up (this is not the same thing as saying Sheik will keep you at a low level believe it or not). This is because I believe focusing on working hard rather than on trying to find shortcuts will make you go farther as a player (I'm referring to OP wanting to switch to Sheik cause he thinks she's easier).

Also when did I say Sheik is a character meant for avoiding loss and not improving? You're putting words in my mouth. What I meant by that statement was that trying to switch to another character that you think is easier just to avoid going 0-2 is a horrible mindset to have as a player. If he focused on improving and winning instead of avoiding loss, he wouldn't be concerned with how hard or easy his character is to play.

No offense but I think you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. What you thought I was saying is not even close to what I was actually saying. I know I would never say any of those things because I main Sheik.

Last edited:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
What? When did I ever say Sheik was a shortcut character? I was trying to get the OP to understand that she is NOT a shortcut character and that trying to switch to Sheik to do well in tournament was not a good idea if you want to go far as a player (this is not the same thing as saying Sheik holds players back btw). In fact, unlike most other people, I think Sheik is pretty hard to play. I also think she is a character that improves a player's fundamentals.

I also never said that playing Sheik would keep you at a low level. What I mean is that if he has no goals of going beyond the low level of play then I see no problem with him switching to Sheik, as I think she is easier to play than a lot of other characters at that level. If he wants to go beyond the low level, however, I think he should grind it out with Fox, the character he was originally picking up (this is not the same thing as saying Sheik will keep you at a low level believe it or not). This is because I believe focusing on working hard rather than on trying to find shortcuts will make you go farther as a player (I'm referring to OP wanting to switch to Sheik cause he thinks she's easier).

Also when did I say Sheik is a character meant for avoiding loss and not improving? You're putting words in my mouth. What I meant by that statement was that trying to switch to another character that you think is easier just to avoid going 0-2 is a horrible mindset to have as a player. If he focused on improving and winning instead of avoiding loss, he wouldn't be concerned with how hard or easy his character is to play.

No offense but I think you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. What you thought I was saying is not even close to what I was actually saying. I know I would never say any of those things because I main Sheik.
Ok

Last edited:
Top Bottom