• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Roy the best Fire Emblem character in Smash?

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
They get rekt the same. If anything, Ike has a larger frame, so he receives rek the most.
But Roy is less likely to get grabbed than Ike, since he has better tools when dealing with Luigi's pressure and grab setups. He, like everyone else, cannot deal with Shiek, so, they all get rekt regardless.
But Roy can stand more of a chance because he has great frame data and Ike, Marth, Lucina and Robin don't.
Marth,Lucina, and Roy have nearly identical frame data. Roys seems faster because he falls fast/air speed. In reality they are super close, like 1 frame difference on some moves. I do think Roy can handle Luigi pretty decently if you play a spacing game, but thats for another discussion.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
They get rekt the same. If anything, Ike has a larger frame, so he receives rek the most.
But Roy is less likely to get grabbed than Ike, since he has better tools when dealing with Luigi's pressure and grab setups. He, like everyone else, cannot deal with Shiek, so, they all get rekt regardless.
But Roy can stand more of a chance because he has great frame data and Ike, Marth, Lucina and Robin don't.
On the contrary, I think Ike has a better chance against grab setups than Roy. Roy has super fast fall speed which destroys is defensive capabilities. Couple that with his low-average weight and set-ups like Luigi's d-throw > down-b will kill him at low percentages. Ike can last verrrrrrry long against those set-ups.

And both can dodge grabs just the same. In fact, Ike would be even more ready for it due to his defensive playstyle.

Last edited:

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Marth,Lucina, and Roy have nearly identical frame data. Roys seems faster because he falls fast/air speed. In reality they are super close, like 1 frame difference on some moves. I do think Roy can handle Luigi pretty decently if you play a spacing game, but thats for another discussion.
They have more utility; I don't have to tell you the problems with Marth and Lucina.
Roy's nair has 13 frames of landing, and the IASA frames on fair are significant: (You lot have probs seen this tho)

Edit: Lucina and Marth have 12 frames on nair, ty mod

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Lack of research on a FE char forum makes me very sad.

We supposed to be the scientists of the smash community guys.

smh.

Also Roy does have nice IASA frames on his fair. However its not safe at all and strong only in combos or when you just know your opponent will press a button. His fair also hits at frame 10 the earliest. Marths is frame 6.

Roy and Marth want to do different things. This comparison is illogical.

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Lack of research on a FE char forum makes me very sad.

We supposed to be the scientists of the smash community guys.

smh.

Also Roy does have nice IASA frames on his fair. However its not safe at all and strong only in combos or when you just know your opponent will press a button. His fair also hits at frame 10 the earliest. Marths is frame 6.

Roy and Marth want to do different things. This comparison is illogical.
I agree, lacking in research is not progressing this forum any further. Will try to help as much as I can now that I plan on making Roy a secondary. I would like to see more development in this forum.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
From my experience, I would say Roy > Ike > Robin > Marth > Lucina.

Both Marth and Lucina aren't very good. Especially sad about Marth as he was my main in Melee and Brawl (In Brawl's case along with Snake) so I'm disappointed that he isn't good this time around. Robin I feel ls very interesting as a character and works very strategically but the limits as well as being a little slow don't quite work for me. Ike and Roy are both in my top 10 and I do love playing as either of them though I think Roy is slowly becoming my number 1 main.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Necrobump lol. The previous post on this thread was like a year and a half ago; July 23 2015.

Top Bottom